Applying For Retirement Visa In Surin

tlcwaterfall

Hi,

I will be living in Surin in Feb 2009 and will turn 50 at the end of July 2009. I need to provide proof of my address when applying for an extension based on retirement as advised by another member. I hope to have a double entry Non O immigrant visa and will apply for an extension based on retirement.

My consulate in Australia has indicated over the phone that they will issue a double entry Non O immigrant visa to me. I am Australian.

I will be living in my TG'S house and no landlord is involved. So can anyone please offer me some advice as to how I can provide proof of address when I apply for an extension based on retirement.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I will be living in Surin in Feb 2009 and will turn 50 at the end of July 2009. I need to provide proof of my address when applying for an extension based on retirement as advised by another member. I hope to have a double entry Non O immigrant visa and will apply for an extension based on retirement.

My consulate in Australia has indicated over the phone that they will issue a double entry Non O immigrant visa to me. I am Australian.

I will be living in my TG'S house and no landlord is involved. So can anyone please offer me some advice as to how I can provide proof of address when I apply for an extension based on retirement.

Thanks in advance.

Go with your girlfriend and her father (Head of household) to their local ampur office. Make sure they take "family Book" listing everyone at their address. Take your passport. Explain you need document confirming you also now live at that address. I just did the same and it cost me 1000 bht ampur fee.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Go with your girlfriend and her father (Head of household) to their local ampur office. Make sure they take "family Book" listing everyone at their address. Take your passport. Explain you need document confirming you also now live at that address. I just did the same and it cost me 1000 bht ampur fee.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately G/F father and mother have passed away.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately G/F father and mother have passed away.

One person in the house registration booklet is designated as the "head of household." That's the person you need.

All you need for a 'Retirement' extension is 800,000 in a Thai bank for at least three months prior to application.

I got my retirement VISA last month without any money in a Thai bank. I was told an income letter (40,000 baht min. per month) was all that I needed.

All you need for a 'Retirement' extension is 800,000 in a Thai bank for at least three months prior to application.

I got my retirement VISA last month without any money in a Thai bank. I was told an income letter (40,000 baht min. per month) was all that I needed.

It is not a Retirement Visa. And you have an Extension of stay based on being married to a Thai Lady. 40,000 Baht a month OR 400,000 in a Thai bank.

The Retirement Extension is 65,000 A month OR 800,000 in a Thai bank OR a combination of the two.

It is not a Retirement Visa. And you have an Extension of stay based on being married to a Thai Lady. 40,000 Baht a month OR 400,000 in a Thai bank.

The Retirement Extension is 65,000 A month OR 800,000 in a Thai bank OR a combination of the two.

I have a retirement VISA with no requirement to be married or any money in the bank. All I needed was my income letter , passport, ect. The requirement could be 65,000 baht per month as my income letter was above that as she said that it was all that was needed.

Edited by JoeInSurin

I have a retirement VISA with no requirement to be married or any money in the bank. All I needed was my income letter , passport, ect. The requirement could be 65,000 baht per month as my income letter was above that as she said that it was all that was needed.

Again. You do not have a Retirement Visa. There is no such thing.

You have a 12 month extension of your temporary permision to stay in the Kingdom based on retirement. It is not a Visa.

Yes. the income requirement is 65,000 a month.

Hi,

There is no double entry non-immigrant visa. A non-immigrant visa is either single or multiple. A single non-immigrant would allow you to come to Thailand within a time frame of 3 months and then you will get 90 days of permisison to stay.

A multiple entry is valid forr one year from the day you it is isued. Within that year you can travel to Thailand as many times as you want and each time you enter you will get permisison to stay for 90 days. So if you leave the country one day before your visa expires and return you will get another 90 days and so almost 15 months out of it.

Edited by Mario2008

Again. You do not have a Retirement Visa. There is no such thing.

You have a 12 month extension of your temporary permision to stay in the Kingdom based on retirement. It is not a Visa.

Yes. the income requirement is 65,000 a month.

You are correct that I have a 12 month extension based on retirement but there is such a thing as a retirement Visa. http://www.siam-legal.com/US-Citizens/thai...ent-visa-us.php

http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-non-im-oa.htm

You are correct that I have a 12 month extension based on retirement but there is such a thing as a retirement Visa. http://www.siam-legal.com/US-Citizens/thai...ent-visa-us.php

No. It is a NonImmigrant O they are trying to sell to you ! Probably wrapped in a nice envelope and with a hefty fee.

No, Lite Beer is right. There is no retirement visa. What is meant is the non-immigrant O-A visa (long stay). That is the official name, but it is specialy for people who wish to retire.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

The O-A Visa is for people retiring in Thailand. Would this not make it the "Retirement Visa" for Thailand?

O-A is the official name for the retirement VISA in Thailand.

No. It is a NonImmigrant O they are trying to sell to you ! Probably wrapped in a nice envelope and with a hefty fee.

A nonimmigrant O is for the purpose of visiting family. The O-A Visa is for retirement only.

http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-non-im.htm

A nonimmigrant O is for the purpose of visiting family. The O-A Visa is for retirement only.

http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-non-im.htm

The Non Imm O-A Visa is for the purposes of Retirement and can only be issued in the applicants own country.

The Non Imm O Visa is for OTHER purposes. This can inlcude visiting family. Visiting friends. To seek employment. To do unpaid volunteer woek. Exploring the possibilty of Retirement. etc. When applying for the Retirement Extension in Thailand you have to have a Non O Visa to start with.

You need to enter thailand on either a non-imm O or a marriage visa.which is a multiple entry,meaning you must leave the country every 3 months, and re-enter,then you transfer to a retirement visa, which is an extension. You must supply evidence, by a stat.dec. issued by your embassy, certifying you have an income of a minimum B65,000 per month, or B 800,000 in the bank

You need to enter thailand on either a non-imm O or a marriage visa.which is a multiple entry,meaning you must leave the country every 3 months, and re-enter,then you transfer to a retirement visa, which is an extension. You must supply evidence, by a stat.dec. issued by your embassy, certifying you have an income of a minimum B65,000 per month, or B 800,000 in the bank

or a combination of the two.

There is no such thing as a marriage visa, its a Non Imm 'O' visa with the purpose of visiting friends &/or wife. After a year, a visa extension can be applied for in Thailand.

You can enter Thailand on a Tourist Visa or even a 30 day stamp if you want. And change to a Non O Visa at Immigration before applying for the 12 month extension.