Is Pattaya A Cool City?

Jingthing

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some world cities are cool.

Some are not cool.

Is Pattaya cool?

I am not sure but I think it is getting cooler.

Some thoughts on coolness from academics:

"The definition of cool is not hip, it's nothing that's painfully hip. With that, you are in fashion-model territory," he says. "Cool for us -- and this is how we train our cool-hunters -- is that something must be attractive and inspiring, with future growth potential."
Carl Rohde "Science of the Time" website, Netherlands
A feeling of coolness, he says, is related to the density of a crowd: "We like to be together with other people, we like to share the same goals." A cool city is simply a place where everybody wants to be.

Peter Gloor, a research scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, co-author of "Coolhunting: Chasing Down the Next Big Thing"

"Cool is something to shoot for. It's kind of an aspirational feeling -- maybe you are not quite as cool as you'd like to be."
Carl Rohde
So in that case, if we have to ask, maybe Pattaya is cool ...
Modified from the Washington Post Edited by Jingthing

Some world cities are cool.

Some are not cool.

Is Pattaya cool?

I am not sure but I think it is getting cooler.

Some thoughts on coolness from academics:

"The definition of cool is not hip, it's nothing that's painfully hip. With that, you are in fashion-model territory," he says. "Cool for us -- and this is how we train our cool-hunters -- is that something must be attractive and inspiring, with future growth potential."
Carl Rohde "Science of the Time" website, Netherlands
A feeling of coolness, he says, is related to the density of a crowd: "We like to be together with other people, we like to share the same goals." A cool city is simply a place where everybody wants to be.

Peter Gloor, a research scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, co-author of "Coolhunting: Chasing Down the Next Big Thing"

"Cool is something to shoot for. It's kind of an aspirational feeling -- maybe you are not quite as cool as you'd like to be."
Carl Rohde
So in that case, if we have to ask, maybe Pattaya is cool ...
Modified from the Washington Post

Khun Thing,

"COOL IS THE RULE, SOMETIMES BAD IS BAD..."

-Huey Lewis & the News, 2003

:o

Who cares?

This is an xpression for the dedicated followers of fashion - those airheads who blindly follow the other bubble-headed TV gurus who tell you to vote for Obama, follow the Atkins diet, don't wear white after Labor Day. so on, so on.

I have never understood what fashion is - I go into a shop, find what fits and buy it (if I need it). Simple and quick. My first wife agonised for hours over what to buy, went into a dozen or more shops, tried this, that and the other, wound up with nothing and blamed me. I avoided going shopping with her very quickly - found I had a rugby match to play, a horse race to attend, a girl-friend to visit.

Define 'cool' - does one need exclusive night-clubs or discos? Upmarket shopping? Boutique restaurants? Stretch limousine hire? High-end hotels? Top flight horse riding establishments? Well-controlled traffic system? Etc., etc.

nope...................."just sex in the city",if thats cool!My idea of cool is a city thats covered in chill out bars and night clubs frequented by the trendily dressed 30y.o upwardly mobile(means earning big dosh).hardly describes pattaya!

Pattaya the trashcan of Thailand.

This is an xpression for the dedicated followers of fashion

I guess you didn't read or don't agree with the item I included in the OP which contends that coolness is NOT the same thing as trendy fashion.

Pattaya the trashcan of Thailand.

I don't know about that, but I reckon that YOU are not cool ...

Edited by Jingthing

you should also have included is Pattaya a

dump

Perhaps a cool dump?

You can't make any poll here without attracting the poll critics like flies to shit. I thought the inane option was enough to keep this faction quiet. Apparently not.

Edited by Jingthing

I enjoy Pattaya for the great shopping,English movies at the cinema,good(Different)food,pretty women,really loud Brits...Oh wait,no not the Brits...LOL I would say it is a fairly cool place,but i don't live there,and Nakhon Sawan does NOT have good shopping,English movies,oh it has the pretty women though... :D But if i had to live in Pattaya,then it would most likely be not cool.... :o