Moving To Koh Samui

me and my friend are moving to koh samui from Bangkok, what is the best way to go there from bangkok, and how much it costs, our budget is not great

Also I would stay there for like 2 months, any suggestions about a 1 bdr place with adsl, for below 15000 per month

Really appreciate help, we are two girls from England

me and my friend are moving to koh samui from Bangkok, what is the best way to go there from bangkok, and how much it costs, our budget is not great

Also I would stay there for like 2 months, any suggestions about a 1 bdr place with adsl, for below 15000 per month

Of the budget alternatives i think the lomprayha service is the best one. You buy tickets in kao san road. 6 or 7 hours bus from kao san to chumpon. Then 4 hours with the catamaran, with stop on koh tao, koh pagnan and finally you end up in maenam on koh samui. 1200 baht.

There is similar priced alternatives with train/bus.

Of the budget alternatives i think the lomprayha service is the best one. You buy tickets in kao san road. 6 or 7 hours bus from kao san to chumpon. Then 4 hours with the catamaran, with stop on koh tao, koh pagnan and finally you end up in maenam on koh samui. 1200 baht.

For 1000 baht extra you can fly...I know her budget is not great, but 2,200 baht to fly is it that much extra??

Edit: oh Airport tax! Another 570...... humm, over twice as much then.

Edited by Marksamui

For 1000 baht extra you can fly...I know her budget is not great, but 2,200 baht to fly is it that much extra??

Edit: oh Airport tax! Another 570...... humm, over twice as much then.

would still rather fly... only an extra 1500 THB !!... and you save 10 hours plus get free food :o

And its easier on the knees!

However, if the girls have a lot of luggage (they are using the term "moving") then flying could be expensive with overweight luggage charges. The bus or the train is really the best option if they have alot of stuff.

And its easier on the knees!

Why? Are girls required to do something extra on those bus trips? The heck with flying, I'm taking that bus next time!

:o No, I wasn't implying that! Its just that after 12 hours or so of sitting on the bus, the knees start to ache from being immobile. My you have a dirty mind :D

train is nice. I used to love doing that trip & if you do have alot of stuff (large boxes for example) then they can be stored in the luggage hold. mate of my transported his new vespa from bkk to samui that way :o

train is nice. I used to love doing that trip & if you do have alot of stuff (large boxes for example) then they can be stored in the luggage hold. mate of my transported his new vespa from bkk to samui that way :o

are they not many thefts on the train??? .... i have always been worried by taking large boxes of stuff on the train or bus.

train is nice. I used to love doing that trip & if you do have alot of stuff (large boxes for example) then they can be stored in the luggage hold. mate of my transported his new vespa from bkk to samui that way :D

are they not many thefts on the train??? .... i have always been worried by taking large boxes of stuff on the train or bus.

Are some smiling Thai's not as honest as the day is long? :o