B2 Deficiency

tatom

This was a new one to me. A couple months ago, I started getting small cuts in the corners of my mouth. They would scab over, bleed, open back up when I ate, it was painful and Very unsightly!

After a month, I went to the Doctor and he immediatley said, no problem, its just a vitamin B2 deficiency. He said it rarely happens in the West as we get enough B2 in our diets.

Sounded weird to me, but I looked it up on the web and it was confirmed. The internet said B2 should be taken with equal amounts of B6. Anahoo, problem solved.

Doc said it would be a good idea to supplement my diet with B2 to prevent recurrance.

I hope this will help someone else if they find themselves with the same problem.

Tom

if not marmite and similar, liver from any animal will be a better choice. A half of pint of Guiness or other stouts will do as well.

replace white rice and white noodles with it's brown variety - millions of chinese died in the 19th century from the illness beri beri, when they switched from the brown rise to white one. It was the very same vitamin B deficiency

This was a new one to me. A couple months ago, I started getting small cuts in the corners of my mouth. They would scab over, bleed, open back up when I ate, it was painful and Very unsightly!

After a month, I went to the Doctor and he immediatley said, no problem, its just a vitamin B2 deficiency. He said it rarely happens in the West as we get enough B2 in our diets.

Sounded weird to me, but I looked it up on the web and it was confirmed. The internet said B2 should be taken with equal amounts of B6. Anahoo, problem solved.

Doc said it would be a good idea to supplement my diet with B2 to prevent recurrance.

I hope this will help someone else if they find themselves with the same problem.

Tom

I wonder what foods in Thailand were lacking? In other words, what foods in the West give us B2 that foods in Thailand don't?

I take a vitamin B-complex every night.

I take full B-complex pill, break it in half, and take it while drinking beer. I feel a lot better in the morning.

The other Bs are important also.

B1 - for the thiamen and the other Bs.