Any Problems Buying With Hamotoconsole ?

JustAnotherFarang

Hi Guys

After much deliberation, I finally decided to purchase a Nintendo Wii and accessories totalling 21,000 bht from Hamotoconsole as they gave a better deal than Nadz Project..........I found the name of the company through the thai visa forum.

My wife transferred the cash into their account on Friday last week and they said they have sent it out on Saturday morning, but today is Wednesday and the post office says it has no deliveries for me today........ I am beginning to worry a little.

Has anyone had dealings with this company before, and if so could they tell me if they had any problems with delivery and service

Many many thanks for your input and advice

JAF

You should call the company and ask for the mail reference number (Parcel, registered or EMS), then go to the thai post track and trace and check there where the mail currently is.

If the company refuses to give you the reference number than I think there are reasons to worry.

opalhort

You should call the company and ask for the mail reference number (Parcel, registered or EMS), then go to the thai post track and trace and check there where the mail currently is.

If the company refuses to give you the reference number than I think there are reasons to worry.

opalhort

Cheers Opalhort, my wife will be on the phone first thing tomorrow to ask for the mail reference number as they are (in)conveniently closed today. From what I have gathered from the post office, they assume it has gone by snail mail due to its size (7.5kg) and that it will be here tomorrow or Friday.......... better I check its on its way with the reference number

Many thanks

JAF

Well as a follow on to my original posting................and a warning to others

I got my parcel today, 7 days after it was sent but quickly found that they had sent me a korean Wii instead of the US version I paid for, a korean wii fit with korean software which I cannot use and out of the other 20 games I ordered, they sent only 9 that I requested and they are a poor quality mixture of shovelware that is available but nobody wants. I definately did not get what I paid for and I am extremely unhappy with their service

My wife is on the phone with them now and they are making all sorts of excuses why the machine they sent to us is ok, but I have been on the thai and UK forums and know that the korean machine is not 100 per cent compatible..........

MY ADVICE IS STAY AWAY FROM HAMOTOCONSOLE........ a very very poor quality service

JAF

Well we have just finished talking to this company on the telephone and I have to say that I have never encouintered such blatant lying. On their website it quite clearly states that the US Wii is 9,900 and the Jap/Korean Wii is 8900. We paid for the US version and received a korean version. We questioned them why they sent us the wrong machine and they said that they had sent us a korean model and had changed it into a US model using software !!!!! When we stated that we did not want nor order the korean version they told us that the US version is 13,900 and that we would have to pay the difference. I managed to barter the price down to the same as Nadz Project.............Oh boy, do I wish I had bought it from them instead. As it stands, we have to pay them another 2,500 bht to get the machine that they advertise at 9,900...I just hope it does not take another 7 days to get here

I might also add that the extra controllers that we bought do not look genuine but I am finding it very hard to prove this point right now. The original controllers cost 2,200 bht and copies cost 1,500 bht. We bought 3 additional controllers with nunchuks at 6,600 bht whereas if they are copies, it should cost us only 4,500. Right now I am trying to find photos of the original packaging to compare them.......dont suppose anyone can point me in the right direction ?

So to sum it all up. If you are thinking of buying any consoles or accessories, please take heed of my unpleasant experience and avoid Hamotoconsole at all costs.

JAF

My understanding if it is a modded console it should not matter if it is the US / JAP / Korean version right since the mod will bypass all region protection.

Although you should have got the US version if thats what you ordered.

My understanding if it is a modded console it should not matter if it is the US / JAP / Korean version right since the mod will bypass all region protection.

Although you should have got the US version if thats what you ordered.

Sorry, but you are very wrong. There is a big problem with using games out of region with the korean wii........ many a wii has been bricked by using oput of region software irregardless od options chosen

But to add further insult to injury, I now suspect that there is no chip inside the machine.......... only homebrew and wii gator software to run backups............ this would make it a software mod and definately not the hardware D2E Pro chip that I asked and paid for. The original wii fit game will not run and no software will work unless I run it throught he Wiigator software.......... which mean slower loading times and even less compatibility

There really is nothing good to be said about this deal....... Hamotoconsoles service stinks and their reputation is worthless

JAF