Bkk To Koh Chang

spiceman

Hi, coming to bkk in a few days for a holiday and wondered if it would be possible to get a fairly decent aircon coach from bangkok to koh chang? If so where and when does it run from..

Would Koh Chang be a good place for me? Would like to be by the sea with some friendly bars and a good choice of restaurants etc. I find Pattaya rather loud and just to much in my face.. so was thinking maybe Koh Chang but if anybody has any other options I would be pleased to hear.

Thanks all.

Hi, coming to bkk in a few days for a holiday and wondered if it would be possible to get a fairly decent aircon coach from bangkok to koh chang? If so where and when does it run from..

Would Koh Chang be a good place for me? Would like to be by the sea with some friendly bars and a good choice of restaurants etc. I find Pattaya rather loud and just to much in my face.. so was thinking maybe Koh Chang but if anybody has any other options I would be pleased to hear.

Thanks all.

Sad, but real.

Toxic Koh Chang Report and Video Link and Koh Chang information all visitors should know:

http://toxic-kohchang.blogspot.com/

Tke the 7.30am or 9.30am bus from Ekkamai direct to the mainland ferry piers at Laem Ngop. Around 250 baht on a new AC bus. You should be on a boat to Koh Chang at 1pm or 3pm. try to go to Koh Chang Ferry pier ( Ao Thammachat) better ferries and more frequent sailings than Centrepoint Ferry.

White Sand, where the Toxic Koh Chang video was filmed last year is the busiest beach, a beer bar enclave at the southern end of the beach try Klong Prao if you want the longest beach on the island that rarely gets busy. Beer bars in Chai Chet a few hundred metres north of the beach or Kai Bae where there there are quite a few mid range bungalow resorts and also a selection of bars in the centre of the village.

Thanks all.

Sad, but real.

Toxic Koh Chang Report and Video Link and Koh Chang information all visitors should know:

MMMMM, looks lovely...

What do people expect? This the Thai way. Muk-ngai and pramaat. You see people just chucking the garbage over the wall everywhere. Why would it be different on the islands?

Locals do not give a s*** as long as they make money or have to do anything, right?

Koh Samed is the same.

Thanks all.

Sad, but real.

Yep Koh Chang is a beautiful place that is being ruined, it seems to be same old story all over Thailand an island gets popular and is completely ruined by over development. I have been there twice over the last 12 months or so and it has gotten worse each time. Just too much building going on everyone is trying to cash in!! I think many people are going to get stung with the decline in tourists, there seem to be hundreds of hotels being built at a time when less people are going to be coming!! I guess there are going to be a lot of empty rooms (maybe some bargins to be had?!)

The East side of Koh Chang is pretty much undeveloped in terms of tourism or at least it was last time I went.

In lots of other places around the world, I think it would be fair to say that the tourists cause most of the mess, but in Thailand the Thais seem to just leave huge piles of crap all over the place, building rubble, household waste :o

Koh Samet is horrible because of the rubbish all over the place, it really narcs me that you pay 400 baht national park entrance fee and they can't pay some guy a few hundred baht to clean the beach everyday or even shock horror have a few bins around the place lol

But back to the original post there are loads of aircon buses down to Trat from Ekamai bus terminal throughout the day and probably the night - the ferry is about 100 baht

Try the koh Chang near Ranong. A beautiful, idyllic island which is perfect for winding down and re charging the batteries. No roads, or motorcycles just beautiful beaches with bungalows nestled in between the cashew nut trees! Proper Thailand :o

Thanks all.

Sad, but real.

MMMMM, looks lovely...

What do people expect? This the Thai way. Muk-ngai and pramaat. You see people just chucking the garbage over the wall everywhere. Why would it be different on the islands?

Locals do not give a s*** as long as they make money or have to do anything, right?

Koh Samed is the same.

Indeed, it is.

Koh Samet is definitely going downhill with a hill full of trash... and no place new to dump even more... :o

30044632-01.jpg

Officials inspect the main refuse dump on Koh Samet in Rayong Province, which has reached full capacity. The chief of Khao Laem Ya National Park, of which the tourist island is a part says that no more forest area can be earmarked for additional dumping.

The Nation, August 11, 2007

There are precious few islands left where the issue hasn't reached such staggering levels.

I know of a few off the beaten path, but fearful that even on them, unbridled development threatens to bring it up.

Edited by sriracha john

Try the koh Chang near Ranong. A beautiful, idyllic island which is perfect for winding down and re charging the batteries. No roads, or motorcycles just beautiful beaches with bungalows nestled in between the cashew nut trees! Proper Thailand :o

shhhhh.... Shhh.gif

Edited by sriracha john

Koh Chang is perfect for what you want. I was there a few months ago and it was beautiful. Bit of rubbish along the road in some places but not nearly as big a dea as that website would want you to believe. Nightlife is bit toned down, but there is a small open air beer bar area and at least one club in the first village. Not sure about the other beaches, didn't make it to them at night time. You can catch a bus from Ekkamai bus station. Leaves for Trat every hour or so, and from there you get a songtaew to the ferry. There is also a bus that goes directly to the ferry but it only leaves once or twice a day, forget what time.