Some Advice From The Thai Partners Of Tv Members

N47HAN

So the ad campaign on 91.5fm is proving very succesufull , our next step is Thai radio.

My other half tends to listen to 93fm , I am trying to find out the most popular thai language station here on Phuket.

they are all claiming the best numbers of listeners ( but of course they would ) so lets use TV to get the real winner :o

ALL Input accepted ,

Thx Guys and Gals

So the ad campaign on 91.5fm is proving very succesufull , our next step is Thai radio.

My other half tends to listen to 93fm , I am trying to find out the most popular thai language station here on Phuket.

they are all claiming the best numbers of listeners ( but of course they would ) so lets use TV to get the real winner :o

ALL Input accepted ,

Thx Guys and Gals

99.25, Parliament Radio; one of the best sources for listening to well-articulated Thai language.

So the ad campaign on 91.5fm is proving very successful , our next step is Thai radio.

ALL Input accepted ,

Thx Guys and Gals

I have asked my Thai partner...and she says apart from a few Thai Bangkok "Phone in" channels......all channels are a much of a muchness.

Again hardly surprising is it...as anything decent the Thais may have in entertainment is "FAR RANG COPIED"

Sadly this culture seems to be more led.... than having initiative or innovative ideas of their own.

Thank God....91.5 has come along...is there any chance of a National version(s).

It is such a relief to hear some music other than the Thai concept of Far rang music..... which apart from Westlife goes as far as 1974.

"Hotel California" played again and again .........

Although i would suggest 91.5 PLAY MORE 80/90'S Indies

Just what would the Thais make of The Smiths, Morrissey, The Cure,XTC.The Clash.etc etc ????

As with TV..... What would the Thais make of comedy such as Monty Python, The League Of Gentleman,The Young Ones,Harry Enfield.

Sadly Chinese style censorship keeps such stuff out...restricting them to Chaplinesque slapstick comedy festooned with Ketoeys, Working to idiotic sounds to prime the audience to laugh.

The Possibilities are endless.They could always get it Dubbed.I sit in an ex-pat bar In Nanai Rd that plays Comedy DVD'S all night...some Thai Partners who understand English have quite a good chuckle with Fawlty Towers Porridge Only Fools etc etc.

I sincerely hope 91.5 goes from strength to strength...and does fall victim to "Thai Jealousy" and gets scammed into extinction.

Rock On.