Multiple Usb Port Extensions

adamx

Cheap hubs are rubbish in general but the good ones are expensive in the region of 1500+baht

You can get a Belkin 7 port powered hub from the top floor it department store in Panthip and they are good

Cheap hubs are rubbish in general but the good ones are expensive in the region of 1500+baht

You can get a Belkin 7 port powered hub from the top floor it department store in Panthip and they are good

I'll second that. I use that Hub.

They work well and no problems stacking them as I use 2 with 10 external hard drives and a burner

Haven't received any errors while transferring data like I use to with cheaper hubs

I know this is a elementary question for most here, but….

If I have a USB hub with external, (just a cheap one) I understand that will give me more USB ports (holes) to plug USB gadgets into for that computer. That works fine.

I have several computers and 1 printer. Would it work if I plug the 3 computers into a 4 port (hole) hub and the hub into the printer so I could just press print on one of the computers and it would happily print, or would the computers start talking to each other and mess it all up?

Thanks

:o:D

If I have a USB hub with external, (just a cheap one) I understand that will give me more USB ports (holes) to plug USB gadgets into for that computer. That works fine.

I have several computers and 1 printer. Would it work if I plug the 3 computers into a 4 port (hole) hub and the hub into the printer so I could just press print on one of the computers and it would happily print, or would the computers start talking to each other and mess it all up?

Thanks

You will need a print server

Thanks

You will need a print server

//Or a big scrap truck? I imagine connecting computers to USB hubs like that would be damaging, so I havent tried it myself.

Second that on the print server.

OR If you keep one computer on all the time, then print through that.

For my rather changing networks at home and office, print servers have been temperamental but network printing through a PC always works.

So roughly whats a print server worth,(Pantip) approx?

IS it just a case I plug all the cables into a magic box called a Print Server or do I have to network computers etc?

Maybe just plugging cables in and out would do it.

Goof