What's The Nearest Hotel To The Airport?

Is there one that is walkable to? Just for a day room.

Novotel Suvarnabhumi is the only hotel in walkable distance from Suvaranabhumi. They also operate a free shuttle service, as the walkway to the hotel is still under construction! It can still be walked though, by trekking through car parks. Novotel is part of the Accor hotel group, so presume this can be booked via the Accor website. It's a very nice hotel, but quite expensive!

Following Information as recorded by myself on May 2007. Now the prices may have increased or decreased.

This is inside the Airport Restricted Area. That means, you don't have to get past the immigration. Hourly Rates are show below.

Louis Tavern

Concourse G, Level 4, Long Alley Down the Right Side when you reach the check point.

Extensions are allowed to a minimum of 4 hours.

First is No. of Hour, Second is NO. of Person, Third is Superior Room, Fourth is Standard Room

Hours ;No. of Person ;Superior ;Standard ;

4 ;1 ;THB 2,200 ;THB 2,000 ;

4 ;2 ;THB 2,400 ;THB 2,200 ;

4 ;3 ;THB 3,500 ;THB 2,900 ;

6 ;1 ;THB 3,200 ;THB 2,900 ;

6 ;2 ;THB 3,400 ;THB 3,100 ;

6 ;3 ;THB 4,950 ;THB 4,050 ;

8 ;1 ;THB 4,200 ;THB 3,800 ;

8 ;2 ;THB 4,400 ;THB 4,000 ;

8 ;3 ;THB 6,400 ;THB 5,200 ;

10 ;1 ;THB 5,200 ;THB 4,700 ;

10 ;2 ;THB 5,400 ;THB 4,900 ;

10 ;3 ;THB 7,850 ;THB 6,350 ;

12 ;1 ;THB 6,200 ;THB 5,600 ;

12 ;2 ;THB 6,400 ;THB 5,800 ;

12 ;3 ;THB 9,300 ;THB 7,500

YES IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE... I KNOW... I NEVER STAYED THERE... I JUST RECORDED THIS INFORMATION

Edited by ihightower

Have a look at the Queens Garden Resort in Lat Krabang. It is not walkable to the airport but is only a few minutes away and there's a 24 hour shuttle. It's about 1000 baht a night for a double. Do a Google search and you'll find it.

I haven't stayed there but have had it recommended by a couple of people.

Have a look at the Queens Garden Resort in Lat Krabang. It is not walkable to the airport but is only a few minutes away and there's a 24 hour shuttle. It's about 1000 baht a night for a double. Do a Google search and you'll find it.

I haven't stayed there but have had it recommended by a couple of people.

That's the one we chose - will report on how it was.

Is there one that is walkable to? Just for a day room.

Were it you, boasting proficiency in Thai language in another thread?

Now you came to ask anyone who would listen, about some basic information you should have known, even without speaking Thai.

Street vendors in Nakhon Nowhere could not give you a hand?

The Tavern Day Rooms are very expensive but they are quite nice (much nicer than what was on offer at Don Muang).

Its a nice modern hotel room basically, complete with fridge, flat panel TV, bathrobes, etc. Too many amenities really, considering you are likely to only stay for 4 hours and be asleep the whole time!

They include a free cold breakfast buffet which was actually fairly okay--fresh fruit, fresh coffee drinks from automatic machine, cereal, sandwiches, etc.

Following Information as recorded by myself on May 2007. Now the prices may have increased or decreased.

This is inside the Airport Restricted Area. That means, you don't have to get past the immigration. Hourly Rates are show below.

Louis Tavern

Concourse G, Level 4, Long Alley Down the Right Side when you reach the check point.

YES IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE... I KNOW... I NEVER STAYED THERE... I JUST RECORDED THIS INFORMATION

The Queens Garden, The Floral Shire and The Grand Pinnacle are all about 15 min North of the Airport and have a(free in you book online) shuttle bus service, AND have online deals for 700 to 1000 baht a night.

I have stayed at two of these hotels, most recently the Floral Shire and they are great for short stays or stop overs. Not very close to many shops or easy public transport though.

I won't mention the website I use for fear of soliciting business even though I have nothing to do with the website! A search for Bangkok hotels by price/area should help you find the right site as many don't even list these hotels