Expat Car Rental ?

BEDBANDIT

wanted to rent a car a 1 day , so i called around all the car rental hire company’s that advertise around PATTAYA

previously , I hired my car / pickup truck from Q cars ,based in jontiem, excellent service from the Thai girls in the office and full of tips about travelling around Thailand.

Anyway ..... after calling round most off the company and not finding anyone cheaper than 1300b a day, i gave up and looked at the internet as it was getting late in the night , i was happy when i found Expat car rental advertising in their website about still keeping their prices at Low season prices due to the downturn in trade . the website says only 1090b a day !!!

when i call the next day, the phone was answered but the most unfriendly girl/ lady , she told me that the cheapest rental was 1300b , with a three day minimum , i quoted the website which say1090b and was told no ..... 1300b , 3 day minimum

the Thai company in the condo complex I’m staying quoted me 800b a day , looked at the car , brand new vios, I’m happy ,full insurance ( pay first 5000b excess)

now i bet someone is going to tell me that the insurance is better with expat/ falang company’s or some other bullshit , but its all the same ......I’ve rented a lot in the past 8 years .

the funny thing is that really , most off the company’s run buy falang , hire out cars that belong to somebody who has gone home for while , and thought it would be a good idea to make some money , so the cars should be cheaper to rent ......considering , when there being hired out to somebody who can drive ( full uk / euro/ usa licence)

there’s also another company, in the pattaya trader that runs an advert that quoting 790b a day , holiday rent a car .....or something like that....... , don’t even bother to call about that ghost car !

I would like to spend my money ,give my business to the falang runs establishments.....but i don’t want to feel like I’m being ripped off and that’s what most off you guys are doing ....with over priced, poor service .

i see hard times ahead for a lot falang business , and in some sick way..... i hope most of your business fail .

anyway its late

rant over

the Thai company in the condo complex I’m staying quoted me 800b a day , looked at the car , brand new vios, I’m happy ,full insurance ( pay first 5000b excess)

I would like to spend my money ,give my business to the falang runs establishments.....but i don’t want to feel like I’m being ripped off and that’s what most off you guys are doing ....with over priced, poor service .

i see hard times ahead for a lot falang business , and in some sick way..... i hope most of your business fail .

anyway its late

rant over

Hello Bedbandit.

800bt a day for a vios. The Thai company in your condo establishment? Do the rent to people outside the complex.

Lived in Pattaya past 6years+

If reluctant to post on open forum understand, possible you could PM me please.

Regards