Double "single Re-entry Permits"?

Hi,

I have applied for a "Single Re-Entry" permit visa at the immigration office but I've just found out that I'm leaving Thailand twice.

Can I apply for another "Single Re-Entry" permit visa when I come back to Thailand again...?

What are my options?? Can I change my "Single Re-Entry" to a multiple one??

(I'm on a Tourist visa)

Many Thanks!!

As you see, you are still better off with second, or even a third, single-entry re-entry permit than shelling out for a multiple-entry re-entry permit the first time around.

--

Maestro

P.S. Oh, dear. I edited Lite Beer's post instead of creating a new post. Apologies, Lite Beer. (The Guiness did it; belated celebration of St. Patrick's Day :o )

Edited by Maestro
Added postscript - Maestro

FYI. I was told by an immigration officer in Chiang Mai that you can only obtain two single re-entry permits in a year. If you need another one, you'll have to get the multiple rentry permit. So, plan ahead accordingly. If you think in the future you'll need more than two re-entries, go for the multiple.

Not sure but I believe you just go to immigration and apply for a single re-entry permit cost B1000 before leaving. Or multiple re-entry B3800 for unlimited re-entry.

Hi,

I have applied for a "Single Re-Entry" permit visa at the immigration office but I've just found out that I'm leaving Thailand twice.

Can I apply for another "Single Re-Entry" permit visa when I come back to Thailand again...?

What are my options?? Can I change my "Single Re-Entry" to a multiple one??

(I'm on a Tourist visa)

Many Thanks!!

FYI. I was told by an immigration officer in Chiang Mai that you can only obtain two single re-entry permits in a year. If you need another one, you'll have to get the multiple rentry permit. So, plan ahead accordingly. If you think in the future you'll need more than two re-entries, go for the multiple.

can anyone confirm what the chaingmai immigration office told jimmym40

(1)how many single re-entry visas are you allowed in one year

(2)if you are allowed more than one single re-entry visa in one year do you have to apply at the same immigration office

that you applied for the first one or can you apply to any immigration office