Phuket Air £299 Return Lgw-bkk

xlandofsmilesx

I've just booked to go for 60 days leaving Feb 1st. Paid £398.10 including taxes. Plus Phuket Air have authorised me to take 6 suitcases full of toys and school equipment to Phuket for the Kalim and Kamala schools without charge :-)

Travel agent says if you go for less than a month there are some fares at £299 return taxes included!

I've just booked to go for 60 days leaving Feb 1st. Paid £398.10 including taxes. Plus Phuket Air have authorised me to take 6 suitcases full of toys and school equipment to Phuket for the Kalim and Kamala schools without charge :-)

Travel agent says if you go for less than a month there are some fares at £299 return taxes included!

Who is your travel agent/ :o

Just booked to go home for a holiday. It was a toss up between Phuket Air and Eva. Ended up paying more on Eva. After I booked the travel agent in BKK said, good choice, I've heard bad things about Phuket Air, thier planes are always being delayed.

I was offered £365 (inc.tax?) on Phuket Airlines for a 6 month ticket with westeasttravel travelling in Feb. But as I considered the flight with Eva in the tourist class a bit stressful-lack of space,etc-I reckon that Phuket Air would be similar,if not worse.

So I think that I'll take Thai Air for £488 inc.

Edited by Gohonzon

I was offered £365 (inc.tax?) on Phuket Airlines for a 6 month ticket with westeasttravel travelling in Feb. But as I considered the flight with Eva in the tourist class a bit stressful-lack of space,etc-I reckon that Phuket Air would be similar,if not worse.

So I think that I'll take Thai Air for £488 inc.

I flew with phucket air in november 2004 from lgw to bkk, 747: old, landing: faultlessly smooth, service: OK, free Thai newspapers (in english) , eye candy:good, food: mediocre (by airline standards), alcohol: not quite forthcoming enough though free, legroom: not good not too bad (I am 6'), price v.reasonable GBP355 overall rating: An efficient budget airline, good value , nothing went wrong, would use again but then I am not rich. I believe they only fly LGW-BKK in the winter season.

I post my experience with phuket air from another thread in the hope it might be helpful, I would add 'a bit more happy holidaymaker than business travel"

GBP488 sounds cheap for Thai air.

Cheers

Edited by fisherd3

I booked with dialflight £386 inc. on Thai from 8 Feb for two months but a day. I thought that I had 'a result'. Until that is, I opened up an e-mail from westeasttravel offering flights offering up to 2 months for £322 plus tax. http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/deal2Details.asp?ID=4

As my previous booking included tax and will now cost me £40 cancellation I'm in a dilema.I have until 10pm (UK time) to e-mail dialaflight to cancel-otherwise they tell me I lose all tomorrow. But I'm not sure how much the airport tax and securety is.

PS

I've just been informed that airport tax out of LHR on Thai Air is £60+

So perhaps it's not so bad after all

:o

Edited by Gohonzon

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Phuket Air seem to be a bit risky to say the least.

They dropped their Saturday departure from Bangkok to London, just 2 weeks before the change was effected. Then 3 days later they also dropped the Friday departure from London to Bangkok, with 2 weeks notice.

Bad luck for me, dependent on a connecting flight to/from Copenhagen. This effectively means that I'll have to add the cost of new connecting flight tickets(250 euro) or 2 hotel nights in London plus transfers. :o

This effectively outweighs any advantage there was by flying Phuket Air. Apart from that I also have to rearrange my hotel reservations and re-book my flight in Thailand. On top of it all I also 'lose' two days of my trip.

Complaints to Phuket Air are, of course, met by a typically Thai silence.

Phuket Air......going nowhere slowly!!!!! BEWARE

I can vouch for phuket air being totally sh1t!

Returned from los around 24th(give or take a day)this was on a friday and many of the passengers on the plane where from the flight the previous day which was cancelled!!..anyway we were rollling up the runway when the plane just stops and and turns around..the pilot explained that the steering appeared to be faulty and needed to ajusted back at departure....I would have prefered not know this as i am a terrible flyer.

After approx 2 hours wait we were on our way again....

Appart from that i must say they were very considerate about my reluctance to leave LOS(cancelled my flight 3 times and only payed 25GBP penalty.)

Nevertheless i will using thai for my next trip feb 15..400GBP inc.approx 50GBP penalty for cancelation..

I will also say they ration the alcohol ver conservativly and the food is very average...As for the plane itself,Well OLD just about sums it up!!But you get what you pay for..

A couple just in From Lees travel...but need to be quick.....

SUPER MALAYSIA OFFER from London

Return to Many S.E.Asia Destinations

inc, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Penang

Jakarta, Langkawi and Singapore

only £255 each

CONDITIONS

From London Heathrow Valid for sale until 28 Feb 2005

Valid for departure 17 Apr 05 - 27 Apr 05 Valid specific flights only

Maximum stay 1 month Full payment & ticketing within 5 days

Taxes to be added as applicable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to Hong Kong from £289 each

2 DAY OFFER BOOK ON MONDAY!

-->

Please call for full details

08700 27 33 88

Mon- Fri: 9.30am - 6.00pm

Sat: 10.00am - 1.00pm

Please quote ref: 'MH 19 Special'