Fuel Prices

OZEMADE

Fuel prices have been steadily rising over the last 3 months. I realize the government put a tax back on fuel some months back, however the price of a barrel of oil has not risen in fact it has declined. Diesel has gone up 3 Baht a liter in 3 months and other fuels have done the same. :o

I notice there are a lot more bikes at the auctions and the tent city for cars has increased all over the country.

Not sure where you are getting your crude oil prices from, but a quick search on the internet showed crude at $36.00 p/barrel in the 3rd week of January. Current price I found as of March 27 was $52.38 p/barrel.

I'd say that pretty much answers the question.

Taga's right I've been following fuel prices too and the rise is upon us once more.

Fuel rises ALWAYS mean a SHARP and instance increase.

Fuel falls mean a SLOW and RELUCTANT decrease.

Kinda how I see it anyway :o

The summertime may see it reach the dizzy heights once more!

In the past, the government bought oil. When oil price went up, they still sold us low price. This is good for us.

Recently when oil price was up, government thought it would not go down, so they bought with high price. Now world oil price went down. Someone said on tv that why we must bear their wrong estimation. Actually they must raise the price as it's hard to make money in this recession.

I notice there are a lot more bikes at the auctions and the tent city for cars has increased all over the country.

New car purchases are down about 50% year on year for February.

The Thai motor industry is in real and serious trouble.

Abhisit has refused to bail out Chev to the tune of a few billion so I reckon it's over for them in Thailand in the near future.

you should ask those Ame'cans or middle-easterners

The US has had falling consumption for 14 straight months, part of it was the high price of oil then the recession. I believe oil producers are finally producing less to be able to charge more coupled with the reduction of the value of the dollar. In the US the price will continue to rise as inflation hits, due to gov't spending money it doesn't have.

Fuel prices have been steadily rising over the last 3 months. I realize the government put a tax back on fuel some months back, however the price of a barrel of oil has not risen in fact it has declined. Diesel has gone up 3 Baht a liter in 3 months and other fuels have done the same. :o

Where are the auctions & tent city for cars? :D