Missing Harley Davidson

Harley.jpg">Trying to make a long story short.....My brothers assets have gone missing and this is the only place that might be able to help.....My brother was murdered in Ranong on Feb 03, 2008 His wife and boyfriend as well as his uncle are charged in the murder....The trial is due to take place on July 28, 29 and August 4 with the decision date August 14, 2009, I had a lawyer reffered to me by one of my brothers supposed friends and that turned into a 100,000 baht nightmare.....anyways I had to come back to thailand to straighten this mess out....I was granted joint executorship with her mother as his wife is an indicted person and cannot be joint executor...anyways I got a new lawyer and went to the mothers house (she moved 5 away from Ranong) her jaw dropped when she saw me get out of the truck and she proceeded to tell us that everything was sold and my brother owed her money as he borrowed 20,000 baht on several occasions and he never repayed her...hmm sounds fishy to me...anyways we had already done searches and froze the assets so nothing can be legally sold....we left her house with nothing gained it was tough seeing my bro's tool box sitting there etc....anyways I'm just trying to find out where his assets are and all evidence points to Koh Samui area.....if anyone has seen this Harley thereabouts could you please let me know.....it is most likely also with his pickup a Blue 2003 Isuzu D-Max LS 4X4. Hopefully the pic of the harley I'm attaching shows up....It is a 2005 Harley Davidson Dyna- superglide with many customized extras....Thanks for any help.....if you need more info just pm me....

Sorry about the lost of your brother, also sorry to say I think you are fighting and up hill Battle, My bet is all your brother's assets have been swallow up in the Thai BLACK Hole. :D:o Maybe a good Thai Detective could crack the case for you. :D Best of luck.

Jesus, that's a heart braking story Richard. I will indeed keep and eye out for it, and the truck. I don't suppose you know the registration of either do you?

Yes the plate on the Harley Davidson is: รตร 21 registered from Bangkok

the blue 2003 Isuzu D-max is: บง 4466 registered in Ranong

Hope that helps...THANKS

I guss what I didn't add is that all are free on bail and Nee(the X) is supposedly staying close to her sister who owns a beer bar on Koh Samui which is why the assets are there...

Edited by richardshane

Jesus, that's a heart braking story Richard. I will indeed keep and eye out for it, and the truck. I don't suppose you know the registration of either do you?

Hope that helps...THANKS

I guss what I didn't add is that all are free on bail and Nee(the X) is supposedly staying close to her sister who owns a beer bar on Koh Samui which is why the assets are there...

where on Samui is the bar?...if you want us to be on the look out for them, that would help.

This is disgusting, my heart goes out to you.

It sounds like you are familiar with all things Thai, so I hope it is uneccesary to ask if you are paying very careful attention to your own personal safety? :D

I only add this as we have recently had 'incidents' down this side of the world where people have gone missing, been murdered or shot at over some very trivial matters. Life is cheap. Cheaper than a nice car or motorbike, anyway.

I hope justice is done but I guess nothing will ever replace your loss.

:o

...everything was sold and my brother owed her money as he borrowed 20,000 baht on several occasions and he never repaid her...hmm sounds fishy to me.

So the way you tell it, the mother had nothing to do with the murder. Is it possible under Thai law she may have her daughter's rights, if the daughter designated her for this? Could the sale of these vehicles be valid, thereby rendering your search invalid?

Or, if not, what are you prepared to do for the current "owners"? What if they don't want to sell them back to you, or do you expect them just to hand them over, "Touch luck chum, you bought misappropriated merchandise"?

Uh, if I had just shelled out for that very Harley, you might have trouble convincing me to give it back, or even for me to accept your cash compensation. Then it's back to court.

What is your goal if you find the bike, for example? You must be willing to pay them for what they paid for it. I mean, no one will willingly hand over a vehicle on the strength of some yet-undetermined-outcome court case. Even if there is a supportive verdict for you, you still have the problem of the current owners. Seems like back to court again.

Sound fishy, does it? He borrowed 20K a few times? Lie or truth? Not only will you never know for sure, you will certainly not be able to prove it one way or the other.

So either deal with it or don't; it won't matter in the end.

Assuming any of this is true murder story is actually true.

...everything was sold and my brother owed her money as he borrowed 20,000 baht on several occasions and he never repaid her...hmm sounds fishy to me.

So the way you tell it, the mother had nothing to do with the murder. Is it possible under Thai law she may have her daughter's rights, if the daughter designated her for this? Could the sale of these vehicles be valid, thereby rendering your search invalid?

Or, if not, what are you prepared to do for the current "owners"? What if they don't want to sell them back to you, or do you expect them just to hand them over, "Touch luck chum, you bought misappropriated merchandise"?

Uh, if I had just shelled out for that very Harley, you might have trouble convincing me to give it back, or even for me to accept your cash compensation. Then it's back to court.

What is your goal if you find the bike, for example? You must be willing to pay them for what they paid for it. I mean, no one will willingly hand over a vehicle on the strength of some yet-undetermined-outcome court case. Even if there is a supportive verdict for you, you still have the problem of the current owners. Seems like back to court again.

Sound fishy, does it? He borrowed 20K a few times? Lie or truth? Not only will you never know for sure, you will certainly not be able to prove it one way or the other.

Assuming any of this is true murder story is actually true.

ALL HEART!!!! A VERY TOUCHING AND CARING POST!!!

Assuming any of this is true murder story is actually true

I was going to reply to this but will take the path of silence as most who read it will see it for what it is...

Insulting posts have been deleted. Just because Mark Wolfe is unaware of events outside the Samui forum does not give members the right to abuse him. Please refrain from insults from now on, thanks.

You'd be surprised at the amount of BS that gets posted on this forum as fact. Sure he should have looked, but that is no cause to flame him. Rather than assume some intentional slight take it for the misunderstanding that it surely was and move on.

And you don't think his post wasn't insulting in the least ??? Maybe people should do a little research before posting comments such as his.

I hope you get back your bother's stuff and that the guilty parties spend eternity in the 9th level of hel_l or wherever these dirtbags are supposed to go. That said, you can't expect all those who read your post to do their own investigation and that's why you should have included a link to the story in your original post. Usually accusatory posts like that without any links to news stories are closed (like the one about the Sloaney Bar thief who ran off with millions of other people's money).

I was replying to the OP. I was not aware that part of replying to any post was the necessity to "do research," whatever that might entail.

Everyone says, "Hope you get your stuff back," but that's obvious. The OP was making a call for recovering merchandise, not posting a condolence book.

My point was that getting this bike returned might prove touchy, particularly if the sale included the green book and other paperwork (the OP didn't mention that they were not included. The OP said just that they were sold).

But everyone can rest assured that I was given a proper vitriolic, potty-mouthed admonishment by the OP in a PM.

I would further suggest that anyone trying to recover any goods under similar circumstances (I'm speaking in general terms now) ought to keep a cool head and act with tact and cunning, rather than with aggressive bravado. Finding the merchandise (be it a motorcycle or a washing machine) and storming up waving a court document at the one in possession and trying to make off with whatever it is might not go down well with the one who paid money for it -- stolen or not. We've just seen one foreigner shot for standing up for his rights, we don't need more examples like that, do we?

If the deceased brother's things were sold without authorization, of course I hope they are recovered and returned to the rightful heir. But please don't crucify me for thinking several steps down the road and postulating on what might unfold.

Think about this yourselves: If any of these things are located, what do you think the next step will be? THAT is my point.

I was replying to the OP. I was not aware that part of replying to any post was the necessity to "do research," whatever that might entail.

Everyone says, "Hope you get your stuff back," but that's obvious. The OP was making a call for recovering merchandise, not posting a condolence book.

My point was that getting this bike returned might prove touchy, particularly if the sale included the green book and other paperwork (the OP didn't mention that they were not included. The OP said just that they were sold).

But everyone can rest assured that I was given a proper vitriolic, potty-mouthed admonishment by the OP in a PM.

I would further suggest that anyone trying to recover any goods under similar circumstances (I'm speaking in general terms now) ought to keep a cool head and act with tact and cunning, rather than with aggressive bravado. Finding the merchandise (be it a motorcycle or a washing machine) and storming up waving a court document at the one in possession and trying to make off with whatever it is might not go down well with the one who paid money for it -- stolen or not. We've just seen one foreigner shot for standing up for his rights, we don't need more examples like that, do we?

If the deceased brother's things were sold without authorization, of course I hope they are recovered and returned to the rightful heir. But please don't crucify me for thinking several steps down the road and postulating on what might unfold.

Think about this yourselves: If any of these things are located, what do you think the next step will be? THAT is my point.

Trust me, I have all court documents which are required to recover these assets....and it won't be me recovering them once they are found...if they were purchased by anyone then that sale is NOT valid. I've got people working on this I just thought maybe someone on this forum had some insight into there whereabouts...There are some people who wish to Dramatize my request but it was really quite simple...If anyone hase seen these items or knows of their whereabouts please let me know.....one simple request...Thank-you...

Hope that helps...THANKS

Can you give the name and location of the bar on samui?The X and sister maybe their and also their bike and truck.

Hope that helps...THANKS

Can you give the name and location of the bar on samui?The X and sister maybe their and also their bike and truck.

yes, MAYBE.... would be too easy, wouldn't it?

I wonder which Bar...?

Hope that helps...THANKS

I don't know the location as of yet....Since it is a holiday and weekend my search has been on hold...I'm sure I will find out soon...If not I will find out at the next court hearing....if we do not recover the items in question it is quite possible the mother could find herself in Jail as she is totally disregarding agreements made within the court...I appreciate the help from all who have replied...Thanks

Hope that helps...THANKS

I don't know the location as of yet....Since it is a holiday and weekend my search has been on hold...I'm sure I will find out soon...If not I will find out at the next court hearing....if we do not recover the items in question it is quite possible the mother could find herself in Jail as she is totally disregarding agreements made within the court...I appreciate the help from all who have replied...Thanks

Have read through your original post back in feb. 2008,i had not seen it before so my late condolensce's to yourself and your family.Any citings of bike and truck i will be happy to forward to you,and if you find out the bar's location please post on thai visa.regards,SBC.

Could be worth contacting this lot http://www.meetup.com/Thailand-Motorcycle-...lendar/9945183/

Samui biker day has just past and the next meet is in Phuket

Was on the bike meet and no sighting.

There's a guy that insurance bikes on Samui.

They have the unload/offload staff on the ferry checks all bikes leaving the island.

Maybe a good idea to contact him with photos and reward.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, very close....Also the truck "blue 2003 Isuzu 2 Door 4X4 Extended Cab D-max With Plate Number "บง 4466" registered in Ranong" is being used for a family members construction business commuting between Samui And Koh Phangan....the last time I saw it it had upgraded chrome wheel rims, chrome plated side mirrors....I've heard it now also has the Thai-style chrome bars around the box for carrying equipment.....Thanks for the help....

Edited by richardshane

Yes, very close....Also the truck "blue 2003 Isuzu 2 Door 4X4 Extended Cab D-max With Plate Number "บง 4466" registered in Ranong" is being used for a family members construction business commuting between Samui And Koh Phangan....the last time I saw it it had upgraded chrome wheel rims, chrome plated side mirrors....I've heard it now also has the Thai-style chrome bars around the box for carrying equipment.....Thanks for the help....

If you are in Samui -stop by Ohm's Cycles and have a chat with him about the bike. I can pass on the photo and details to a few of the MC's on the island and in Suratthani....

Cheers.

Okay, sorry I didn't add them before....I didn't think I brought any with me....Also included in the package is the 2 and a half year old Honda Civic licence plate number "ชฐ 7746" just a week before he was murdered he was telling me on the phone how much Nee enjoyed driving it and how he was going to purchase a better suspension kit for it.....he gave her and her family everything they could have ever wanted but it wasn't enough...its too bad he told her about his insurance policy with his employer "Nobel Drilling" we had a meeting 6 months before his death in which he instructed myself and Nee on its disbursements should something happen....I also sent him an e-mail regarding cell phone software...here it is:

ME "Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:47:05 -0800

Subject: spy software...

To: henrydaleXXXXXXX

Did you look at the things you can do with that phone spying software....it is unreal that you can access the phone and listen to what is going on without anyone knowing...you can also get an approximate location as well as seeing all text messages in and out...what will they think of next...."

REPLY:

To: richardshaneXXXXXXXX

Subject: RE: spy software...

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:17:19 +0000

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;} Bro,

The software has been around for more than a year here. Didn't really cause much of a stir. Great tool for the paranoid/jealous types or spies. Not much use for normal people. Which are you? "////////////////////////////

Sure wish he was the jealous/paranoid type.....Anyways here is some pics of the vehicles also one of his 5 dogs, he loved animals and also had 3 cats and a maid to look after them as he didn't want his wife to work.....He gave everything and got murdered in return......

I'm looking forward to the trial at the end of July....there will be some suprises in store....

I'm having a little problem with pics....next reply..