House Plants

ricklev

I would like to go someplace, pick out some plants (maybe about 5000 baht worth), and have them deliver them directly to my Condo with as little hassle as possible.

Any suggestions for places that will make it easy. I'm happy to pay a premium for quality and service, but its kind of wierd buying something that I have absolutely no idea of what a fair price should be.

Thanks!

Edited by ricklev

Chatuchak Market has a specific plant, flower and tree day every Wednesday; hundreds of vendors selling a huge variety of plants. Delivery can be arranged by any of them.

Take the MRT (subway) to Khampangphet Station (not Chatuchak Park) and follow the signs.

I'm also in Ari. Ditto on JJ Market (Chatuchak)

On Tuesday night or Wednesday morning early, they start setting up. By very early morning, they are selling.

Get to JJs. Grab one of the plant porters (people walking around with carts). It should cost you anywhere between 50 and 100 baht, no more (but some will ask for more).

While you are walking around, ask the different vendors about getting a truck to deliver to your condo. A truck will run around 300-400 baht. If you speak Thai, ask your porter.

If you don't have a ton of plants on your first trip, consider a tuk tuk. These are not cheap so they are no bargain, but sometimes taxis don't want to take the dirt into their vehicles.

I've taken large palms in tuk tuks (with myself scrunched in). I've also loaded trucks down with palms as well as plants. I've never had a problem with either.