Bangkok Bank's Be1st Visa Debit Card?

Howdy, quick ? regarding something of a reverse of what others have asked in the past here.

I hold this Be1st Visa Debit Card with the purpose of using it back in my home country [canada] to make deposits into it via an ATM machine. Why, I want to see if it is possible to send money to my thai savings bank account without having to go the traditional bank transfer route thus saving the 30 to 50 dollar fee everytime. Has anyone have any experience with this or any useful tips regarding this subject, from any western country?

Would really appreciate some comments, thanks :o

Howdy, quick ? regarding something of a reverse of what others have asked in the past here.

I hold this Be1st Visa Debit Card with the purpose of using it back in my home country [canada] to make deposits into it via an ATM machine. Why, I want to see if it is possible to send money to my thai savings bank account without having to go the traditional bank transfer route thus saving the 30 to 50 dollar fee everytime. Has anyone have any experience with this or any useful tips regarding this subject, from any western country?

Would really appreciate some comments, thanks :o

I think you need both the ATM card and a Bangkok Bank branch if you want to do it via ATM machine. I don't think Bangkok Bank exists outside Thailand.

Not possible!

You can only use it to withdraw money from your Bkk Bank account when abroad.

Even within Thailand you can only fund the account at the Bangkok Bank cash deposit machines, and you even don't need the card for that, only the account number!

SWIFT is your friend.

The OP is from Canada, so not sure if his Canadian bank will work with the New York branch of Bkk Bank and the ABA number (American Banking Association), but I use the ACH online transfer from my USA bank to the Bkk bank NY branch with no problems, they forward the funds on to my Bkk bank in Thailand same or next day, $3 fee for my USA bank and 500 baht fee from Bkk bank

What I would like to know has anyone tried the ACH transfer going the other way, back to your USA account from Bkk bank?

• 1 month later...
SWIFT is your friend.

The OP is from Canada, so not sure if his Canadian bank will work with the New York branch of Bkk Bank and the ABA number (American Banking Association), but I use the ACH online transfer from my USA bank to the Bkk bank NY branch with no problems, they forward the funds on to my Bkk bank in Thailand same or next day, $3 fee for my USA bank and 500 baht fee from Bkk bank

What I would like to know has anyone tried the ACH transfer going the other way, back to your USA account from Bkk bank?

I just posted an article on how I used my Bangkok Bank Be1st Visa Debit card to transfer money from my Thai bank account to my account in the U.S. Here's the link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Inexpensive-...ey-t269369.html

Not allowed. In fact, if tried, you'll hit problems -- and possible account closures.

Using BB NY, which has an ABA number, allows a "push" from the US, since the originating bank also has an ABA number. Trying it from your account in Thailand (with no ABA number) will, today, probably just get a "can't do." A few years back, it caused all kinds of problems -- and closures.

And most likely, when you set up an ACH transfer option to BB NY, today's system will detect it's a "push" only set-up -- and you'll only have a one way transfer option with your bank's transfer screen.

But, down the road, they are talking about going worldwide with ACH.........