Ceramic Coating Parts

Well finally got my parts back after an excrutiating long time via UPS and FED EX!! 25 days yesterday and i finally got the call to come and get em.

The parts were coated by Swain tech out of New York and were a pleasure to do buisness with although the cost was higher than i first anticipated!

This is a 1992 Honda RVF 400 Carb with HRC replica parts installed. The Air horns are coated with a Teflon material that is designed to increase airflow. the float bowls and intake hat base are coated with their heat blocking material.

post-66923-1240826338_thumb.jpg

post-66923-1240826432_thumb.jpg

post-66923-1240826473_thumb.jpg

post-66923-1240826505_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrathfultalon

Pretty cool; but I want to point out somethings. Ceramic coatings will keep the fuel cooler, resulting in a denser air/fuel charge when fed into the cylinder. Obviously more power. The Teflon coating is going to smooth out airflow resulting from less turbulance-in theory anyways. Post jets you actually want more turbulance to ensure proper mixture of the fuel and even burning across the piston's head.

Pretty cool; but I want to point out somethings. Ceramic coatings will keep the fuel cooler, resulting in a denser air/fuel charge when fed into the cylinder. Obviously more power. The Teflon coating is going to smooth out airflow resulting from less turbulance-in theory anyways. Post jets you actually want more turbulance to ensure proper mixture of the fuel and even burning across the piston's head.

Just like you said "In Theory". The main goal i have is to ensure the air and fuel are as cool as possible. I originally used the JAP4performance HRC carbon tray. But it was such a pain the A$$ to position then install the carb that i ditched it.

post-66923-1240832577_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

I wish there was some place in Thailand where I could get my exhaust system ceramic coated. Looks like I may have to send mine to Australia to get them done.

Anyone have an idea on what customs papers I will need to get the parts sent to Australia and back to Thailand? It's not like it's a small item that can come in a padded post envelope. I don't want customs hitting me for an exhaust system I already own, especially when the system is worth close to $2,500.

Any help would be appreciated :D :jap:

Edited by Garry

not sure of the techincal aspect, BUT the all important COOLNESS rating gets a double thumbs up :)

Most definitely it looks the part plus the preservation and heat shielding factor. B)

Jeff Walker of Kuma Engineering in Lampang is commissioning a oven that will reach ceramic coating temperatures. I will be out there this week and check on the progress as I need some done for my own bike

Jeff Walker of Kuma Engineering in Lampang is commissioning a oven that will reach ceramic coating temperatures. I will be out there this week and check on the progress as I need some done for my own bike

That is great news. Could you please keep me updated on how things work out for the commissioning? This could not have come at a better time and the guy is just down the road...brilliant. :D

In the hot rod capitol of Australia is --> JET-HOT Coatings Australia Pty. Ltd. 26 Elizabeth Street, Castlemaine 3450, Australia ph: 03 5470 6416 fax: 03 5470 6431

But their not the only ones.

HPC have been around for years and I have seen their work...which is first class.

Contact | Head Office

* PHONE

(03) 5662 4719

* [email protected]

* ADDRESS

6 Watsons Rd

Leongatha

VIC 3953

Contact | QLD Branch

* PHONE

(07) 3205 8115

* [email protected]

* ADDRESS

Unit 1/11 Hinkler Court

Brendale

QLD 4500

In the hot rod capitol of Australia is --> JET-HOT Coatings Australia Pty. Ltd. 26 Elizabeth Street, Castlemaine 3450, Australia ph: 03 5470 6416 fax: 03 5470 6431

But their not the only ones.

HPC have been around for years and I have seen their work...which is first class.

Contact | Head Office

* PHONE

(03) 5662 4719

* [email protected]

* ADDRESS

6 Watsons Rd

Leongatha

VIC 3953

Contact | QLD Branch

* PHONE

(07) 3205 8115

* [email protected]

* ADDRESS

Unit 1/11 Hinkler Court

Brendale

QLD 4500

Too bad the HPC & Jet Hot don't have outlets in Thailand. Hopefully Kuma will live up to the promises. It seems like a reputable Japanese company.

Hewie's 1098S Tri-Colore from Australia's Perthstreetbikes.com forum. The ceramic coating does set the bike off....stunning bike mind you. B)

TCSSMAD2007.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.except is that duct tape on the tank?

Hewie's 1098S Tri-Colore from Australia's Perthstreetbikes.com forum. The ceramic coating does set the bike off....stunning bike mind you. B)

TCSSMAD2007.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.except is that duct tape on the tank?

Duct tape on the tank..!? :huh:

Tthe Tri-Colore comes with a factory alloy tank. The part you see is what has been highly polished, then clear coated B) :jap:

TCSSMAD2007.jpg

Please stop posting such pictures, I am drooooooling all over my keyboard... :lol:

So then its not tri colour, but quad or pent colour :whistling:

The history of the Tri-Colore editions is based on the Italian flag colours. Now be good a boy and go and annoy another forum thread for awhile :lol:

Edited by Garry

So then its not tri colour, but quad or pent colour :whistling:

The history of the Tri-Colore editions is based on the Italian flag colours. Now be good a boy and go and annoy another forum thread for awhile :lol:

Been there done that, got banned!!! :bah:

• 7 months later...

Any updates on Kuma Engineering? Anyone know if they are up and running?

I would like to have the exhaust on my bike ceramic coated inside and out to try and cut down on the excessive heat.

Well finally got my parts back after an excrutiating long time via UPS and FED EX!! 25 days yesterday and i finally got the call to come and get em.

The parts were coated by Swain tech out of New York and were a pleasure to do buisness with although the cost was higher than i first anticipated!

This is a 1992 Honda RVF 400 Carb with HRC replica parts installed. The Air horns are coated with a Teflon material that is designed to increase airflow. the float bowls and intake hat base are coated with their heat blocking material.

Question .. could you do a frame with ceramic coat such as a frame off restoration project on a vfr400 or would extra heat involved in baking the ceramic affect the frame metallurgical structure. I know powder coat isn't an issue but ceramic coat to my understanding is a far hotter process... any ideas..

There are companies in Bangkok that do ceramic powder coating. It is used on cookware. Also a few companies that do flame spraying, so ceramic should be in their inventory as well.

Do you have any names/numbers of businesses that do the coating? I am not having any luck locating such on google.

Question .. could you do a frame with ceramic coat such as a frame off restoration project on a vfr400 or would extra heat involved in baking the ceramic affect the frame metallurgical structure. I know powder coat isn't an issue but ceramic coat to my understanding is a far hotter process... any ideas..

They cure the coating at about 200+ deg C. What that does to a frameunsure.png ?

Why ceramic coat the frame why not simply powder coat it.