Extension Of Non Immigrant 'o' For Wife

My wife's Non Immigrant 'O' visa is due to expire this July 16, 2009. Last extension is valid for 1 year (since Jul 2008).

Me and my wife are non-thai and I am having a work-permit and working here in Thailand. My company provides all the necessary papers.

How many days (maximum) before can I apply for extension for my wife in the immigration. My wife is due to travel overseas for a few months at the earliest she can but after the visa extension.

If I understood correctly, It is better to do the visa extension beforehand or else I will have to start the whole process again in overseas country i.e. applying for Non Immigrant 'O' and resubmit papers again after arrival in BKK at the immigration, etc. Right???? Please let me know.

I don't want to to take the trouble if that is the case, so I want to do the extension first before.

Please point me in the right direction and also what are the documents required for this, etc.

Thank you.

The normal reccomendation is within the last 30 days. But immigration will often do the extension musch earlier than that. Pattaya immigration even does them as early as 90 days.

Suggest you go to immigration and tell them that a trip is planned and I am sure they will do it early.

You will have to do your extension early also because her extension is based upon yours.

If she was to leave without getting the extension she would have to start all over again.

Don't forget to get a re-entry permit for her when you do the extension.

The normal reccomendation is within the last 30 days. But immigration will often do the extension musch earlier than that. Pattaya immigration even does them as early as 90 days.

Suggest you go to immigration and tell them that a trip is planned and I am sure they will do it early.

You will have to do your extension early also because her extension is based upon yours.

If she was to leave without getting the extension she would have to start all over again.

Don't forget to get a re-entry permit for her when you do the extension.

Thank you for your prompt reply. well noted about re-entry permit as well.

Yes. I understand that I will have to do my extension at the same time as hers.

I will try to ask my company to put our extension as early as possible.