Rolex Repair And Dealer

poetsass

Couple in the MBK center in Bangkok...BUT... better to get it done in Singapore on Orchard Road..... Pattaya , no way.

Had this one done in Singapore , I've had it a few years ,like new

post-81660-1242313949_thumb.jpg

I work in Iraq and haven't been back to Pattaya since November. Does anyone know if the new mall on Beach Road in Pattaya has a Rolex dealer?

i have had mine serviced in Pattaya many times and always at the same place.

the watchmaker is Rolex certified and i can guarantee you will not get the movement switched

he has all the correct tools and the different types of oil required to service the movement

he carries spare caseback gaskets and a pressure tester to certify its waterproof again after servicing

he has replaced a crystal for me and changed the dial twice

it can be 1000-2000 baht dependant on time taken and any spares required

pm if you want more details

name='timekeeper' post='2735506' date='2009-05-15 07:51:37'

the watchmaker is Rolex certified and i can guarantee you will not get the movement switched

he has all the correct tools and the different types of oil required to service the movement

he carries spare caseback gaskets and a pressure tester to certify its waterproof again after servicing

How can you do that?

I'm sure you are correct about him.

But you can't guarantee someone else's work

Strange thing to say. :)

Edited by plasticpig

How can you do that?

strange how?

i know the whole family and know how honest they are.

i did not say i would guarantee someone elses work, those are your words not mine

read again

i guaranteed the Rolex movement would not be switched (when i said this i meant that the movement would not be taken out of the watch and replaced by a similar functioning but not genuine Rolex watch movement)

secondhand the Rolex movement alone is worth about $2000, so its well worth stealing.

i stand by my words, even if you find them strange or difficult to understand

as to your statement ''But you can't guarantee someone else's work'' of course you can, anyone who employs anyone can do that.

but lets say that based on your assertion, lets imagine that if you are the CEO of Ford that you cannot guarantee the work that your workers do in constructing a vehicle on your behalf

i.e. ''someone elses work''

now that would be strange.........

If you wish to advise someone to take a real Rolex into a shop in Pattaya

Go right ahead, its obviously sound advice.

For me I would go to Bangkok.

Or at best phone the dealership up in Bangkok and see if they recommend a shop in pattaya. to under take the work. with correct guaranties

But what do I know.

Best I stick to what I understand, and I understand this town very well.

:)

How can you do that?

I've had my Rolex's glass changed in the place that timekeeper is referring to and 2 years later its still fine, i shower in it reguarly.

:D

How can you do that?

I've had my Rolex's glass changed in the place that timekeeper is referring to and 2 years later its still fine, i shower in it reguarly.

Didn't know you were that small Dave. :D

Did I miss something?

What shop can't see a name or phone number any place.

If I missed it im sorry.

All I saw was timekeeper spout off and say Pm me to the Op

the guy wanted some advice. What's the big secret? :D

Rolex Thailand

89/9 Wireless Road, Lumpini

Bangkok 10330

Thailand +66 2650 9118

Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Edited by plasticpig

I wouldn't have my expensive swiss watch serviced in Pattaya OR Bangkok. End of story. Even if you could actually prove that the mechanism had been switched the Police here wouldn't even fill in a complaint card.

All this talk of a place in Pattaya is just silly. Why would anyone trust them not to make a massive balls-up or even switch parts?

Plus why are you two posters keeping the so-called Pattaya 'Salt of the earth' jeweller/watchmaker secret?

You must have more money than sense.

Edited by syd barrett

I wouldn't have my expensive swiss watch serviced in Pattaya OR Bangkok. End of story. Even if you could actually prove that the mechanism had been switched the Police here wouldn't even fill in a complaint card.

All this talk of a place in Pattaya is just silly. Why would anyone trust them not to make a massive balls-up or even switch parts?

Plus why are you two posters keeping the so-called Pattaya 'Salt of the earth' jeweller/watchmaker secret?

Maybe the risk of losing repeat custom and even maybe spoiling their reputation? Not all Thai's aren't too be trusted and too be honest being in Pattaya IMO has nothing to do with it. :)

The shop timekeeper refers to is Zarah in the smelly market, her husband did my glass change and he also showed me the watch in the pressurized thing after to show that it was sealed, as said this was a couple of years ago and its still fine now. The shop has a very good reputation as does Mr Wong who has serviced and done battery changes on other watches I have.

That said for major services etc I normally give them to my dad when he's over and he gets them done in London as about 5 years ago he gave me a special edition dunhill for my wedding gift and before giving it too me he mentioned that it was in the Royal Gdn shop near the doorway to the Marriott, I immediately told him to get it out but too late it was finished, a week later it broke down so he took it back to London to a very good mate of my Dads who is quite high up in Dunhill Ltd in Jerman St and 7 months later I got it back, it needed a complete new movement inside which retailed at 1000 quid (watch is worth about 3k now), believe it or not there was no charge and he even put a new strap on it.

Edited by davethailand

How can you do that?

Did I miss something?

If I missed it im sorry.

Rolex Thailand

Bangkok 10330

Thailand +66 2650 9118

Edited by davethailand

can i ask all of you rolex experts......if i was to buy a new rolex at the bottom end ie the cheapest one available...how much would i be looking at to pay for 1.........??????????????? any info would be great thanks

can i ask all of you rolex experts......if i was to buy a new rolex at the bottom end ie the cheapest one available...how much would i be looking at to pay for 1.........??????????????? any info would be great thanks

hi Barry, best advice, don't buy new

they are like cars, you will lose thousands as soon as you walk out the door

there are many reputable and Rolex appointed dealers who sell pre-owned watches

theres a fantastic selection in a shop on Orchard Road in Singapore

theres a great dealer in UK called Ian Blower, he has a website, just Google Blowers.

also i once bought one from Laings in Argylle arcade in Glasgow, they too have a website

if you really want new, you could get likely the base model explorer or air king for anywhere between 1000-1500 pounds

i hope that helps

Mr Bean, i think you have proven exactly why i have kept the watchmaker a secret, he does not need to be bothered by rude, doubting Thomas farang like you.......

nor do i

If you wish to advise someone to take a real Rolex into a shop in Pattaya

Go right ahead, its obviously sound advice.

For me I would go to Bangkok.

Or at best phone the dealership up in Bangkok and see if they recommend a shop in pattaya. to under take the work. with correct guaranties

But what do I know.

Best I stick to what I understand, and I understand this town very well.

:)

according to your profile, ''from UK now'' it seems you understand it so well, it got the better of you and you left

Mr Bean, i think you have proven exactly why i have kept the watchmaker a secret, he does not need to be bothered by rude, doubting Thomas farang like you.......

nor do i

You handled that well

What a silly man you are. :)

How can you do that?

Did I miss something?

If I missed it im sorry.

Rolex Thailand

Bangkok 10330

Thailand +66 2650 9118

''

i never ''spout off''

that seems to be more your domain with your inane, unfunny, one line responses to topics on TV

you should change your avatar, your pathetic attempts at humour are a disgrace to the great mans memory

theres a great dealer in UK called Ian Blower, he has a website, just Google Blowers.

also i once bought one from Laings in Argylle arcade in Glasgow, they too have a website

if you really want new, you could get likely the base model explorer or air king for anywhere between 1000-1500 pounds

i hope that helps

Sound advice.

Do you buy and sell secondhand cars as well

i hope that helps

Sound advice.

Do you buy and sell secondhand cars as well

i do not need to buy or sell second hand cars.

why? do you want to sell me the wreck you left behind in Thailand when you ran back to Uk?

we used to call Reliant Robin three wheelers 'plasticpigs'

is that your current mode of transport?

Rolex certified ?? At 1000 baht ??

I doubt that..

Rolex certified ?? At 1000 baht ??

I doubt that..

ANOTHER DOUBTING THOMAS COMMENTING WITH NO EXPERIENCE OF THE FACTS IN HAND

i hope that helps

thanks timekeeper for the advice...im must check out those web sites,