Wifi Hotspots Around Soi 4 Nana?

FleetHo

Soon will be staying at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2 Sukhumvit their internet access is a ripping off 390baht per day! Are there any close by WiFi hotspots close to the MG that I can take the lappy too??

I know Annie's next door has some hot spots but I am looking for WiFi :)

Appreciate if anyone knows where you might be able to sit down have a beer or coffee and catch up on those pesky emails..

Thanks,

FleetHo

Soon will be staying at the Majestic Grande on Soi 2 Sukhumvit their internet access is a ripping off 390baht per day! Are there any close by WiFi hotspots close to the MG that I can take the lappy too??

I know Annie's next door has some hot spots but I am looking for WiFi :)

Appreciate if anyone knows where you might be able to sit down have a beer or coffee and catch up on those pesky emails..

Thanks,

FleetHo

Soi 8 bar in Soi 8 is good and free. You can have a good beer and good food too at reasonable prices.

Not far from Soi 4.

I hope this helps.

BT :D

When I stayed in the Nana area I used to go for breakfast or just coffee at Gulliver's on Soi 5 which had a decent WiFi connection. They also have a couple of public Internet terminals between the restaurant and main bar. A good backup if my hotel connection went down.

I also used to be able to connect to the Marriot WiFi for free from across the road at Starbucks, but I'd be surprised if they haven't locked that down by now.

Isn't there a McDonald's near there too? They are supposed to have free access. Also Starbuck's itself for a fee.

Shoulda stayed at the Dynasty Grande, soi 6 (but closer to soi 4) - free, fast, wired Internet in rooms and WiFi in the bar (though I had little use for the latter).

Is the Coffee World/Subway still open near the Majestic Suites? They had free WiFi and terminals for customers, got a feeling it closed though.

The Landmark used to have accessible but slightly flaky WiFi findable in the bakery. Even when not staying there I could sit at the far end with an old Landmark keycard and be left alone for hours.

Also a free WiFi signal in the lobby of the Amari Boulevard which used to just about stretch across the soi to the seats nearest the door in Took Lae Dee (Foodland eatery)

The Dynasty and Gulliver's intell. is current, but the rest is at least 18 months old, things may have changed.

There's a Coffee World/Subway across the street and closer to the BTS. Not sure if that one has wifi. Perhaps they're on both sides now.

One restaurant that may not be there anymore is called Basil, between soi 3 and soi 5. It's around those hair salons. Raja Mansion used to have an open wifi in the lobby, but you had to be in the lobby to get a signal. Or you could hang out in the parking lot I guess. I only ever used the wifi on my cell phone there. Not sure if they'd kick a non-customer with a laptop out. Think that was passworded last time I tried, but perhaps not.

There's a Coffee World/Subway across the street and closer to the BTS. Not sure if that one has wifi. Perhaps they're on both sides now.

One restaurant that may not be there anymore is called Basil, between soi 3 and soi 5. It's around those hair salons. Raja Mansion used to have an open wifi in the lobby, but you had to be in the lobby to get a signal. Or you could hang out in the parking lot I guess. I only ever used the wifi on my cell phone there. Not sure if they'd kick a non-customer with a laptop out. Think that was passworded last time I tried, but perhaps not.

Coffe world Sala Dang has it. Last week I checked out Nana Coffee world.

"Broken" I was told.

My guess is they just dont want the business there.

Soi 8 coffee house? A RIP-OFF! is that the one where they say it is free but it costs 100 per hour to

plug your laptop in!?

If you don't mind pubs, The Hunter's pub basement of landmark advertises free wifi