Thai Tourist Visa In Singapore -

I need to leave Thailand by June 19th to get a new Tourist Visa. I like to take advantage of these runs to see places I haven't been before. This time it's Singapore's turn. I would assume there shouldn't be any problems (like reported in the past from Penang)? What about suggestions on places to stay for under 3000 baht/night?

You will only get a single entry and will need to show a ticket out of Thailand.

Penang is actually good now and issues single entry tourist visas on the same day.

That could work. I'm only planning on getting a single entry because I plan to fly out 90 days later.

You will only get a single entry and will need to show a ticket out of Thailand.

Penang is actually good now and issues single entry tourist visas on the same day.

That could work. I'm only planning on getting a single entry because I plan to fly out 90 days later.

I think you can only get a 60 day tourist visa and have to show either a ticket out of Thailand or SGD 1,000 in cash as evidence of funds available to buy a ticket (waving a credit card at them doesn't work) if you go to the Singapore consulate

The best budget and business hotel in Singapore is a chain called "81" ,which has many hotels scattered around the island. All of them have standard facilities and their rooms are very well equipped, however the rates are deffer only for the location and the size of the room, and it goes from SD$70 up to SD$130; check it out.

Have a nice trip

Bishop

On the Thai Embassy website they show:

Office Hours of the Visa Section

09:15am - 11:30am. (application submission only)

02:00pm - 4:30pm. (collecting only)

Minimum visa processing time (2 working days)

No mention of which days of the week. Could they be open for business all 7 days? And I notice they need a minimum of 2 days for processing. For a tourist visa? Maybe they can bring someone down from Hong Kong to show them how it's done.

[edit - nevermind. Elsewhere on the site they state "Embassy’s Operational Hours: Monday to Friday: 09:15am-12:00pm and 02:00pm -04:30pm. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Closed"

Edited by koheesti

The best budget and business hotel in Singapore is a chain called "81" ,which has many hotels scattered around the island. All of them have standard facilities and their rooms are very well equipped, however the rates are deffer only for the location and the size of the room, and it goes from SD$70 up to SD$130; check it out...

The lowest price goes even lower if you book through this site:

http://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/default/D...x?site_id=91344

In the field "Hotel Name Contains" type 81, then click on "Find"

--

Maestro

Direct booking has a low price of $69 Singapore at 81 Classic including tax. Agoda low price of $68 (actually 68.30) is really $82.83 after adding the tax that they do not show until you go to booking page. Expect it may be a better room but they only offer one type so who knows. There is a higher rate for Friday/Saturday when booking direct so as usual you have to do your own checking to find what may or may not be the cheapest deal for you.

Edited by lopburi3

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up my new Tourist Visa today. No problems at all. They asked to see my ticket to Thailand and since it was a one-way, I also showed them the booking for my flight out in August. No other questions from them. In and out real fast, picked up the visa the next day.

It hasn't been cheap here but worth it so far.