How Many Double Tourist Visas Can Someone Aply For?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how many double tourist visas someone can apply for.

I have been in Thailand for a year now on 2 double tourist visas. Is it possible to get another one or should I have to travel back home to the UK?

Cheers

I think that recently people have been finding success in going multiple times for tourist visas in some neighboring countries (Vientienne being the most popular). They can always say no. There is no written regulation you will be able to point to telling you this is OK or not, you have to go and try and rely on recent reports here. Don't count on things being this liberal for the very long term, such policies can change like the weather.

Edited by Jingthing

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how many double tourist visas someone can apply for.

I have been in Thailand for a year now on 2 double tourist visas. Is it possible to get another one or should I have to travel back home to the UK?

Cheers

:)

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule. Depends on the visa officer, how and what he/she feels, etc. The phase of the moon and various cycles of nature may even enter into it.

But, seriously I once had 5 tourist visas in a row (60 day each). On the 4th one I was told I was getting to many visas, On the 5th one, it was given but stamped, "No further visa to be given".

:D

Hello - this is my first post on this forum... been doing lots of reading but now is the time for me to join and ask questions :)

I am looking for ways to spend an indefinite amount of time in Thailand and wonder what my visa options are.

I looked at the Visa info given... and the Non-Immigrant Re-entry Visa valid for a year seems the most interesting. But it doesn't say what the conditions are... the shown sample is more than confusing.

Do I have to open a company, or do I have to be employed by a company? In reality I have no intention to work initially, so actually being employed isn't really an option. Unless I can just get work with a language school (I am a qualified teacher) and then quit once I got my work visa? This is commonly done in Japan, I don't know if one gets away with it in Thailand.

Or can I register at a Thai language school and thus get an ED visa for a year even if I don't go to school all year?

What is the "double tourist visa" that the OP is referring to? Are these the 2-month tourist visas that one can get? He says he has " been in Thailand for a year now on 2 double tourist visas"... how long are these visas, 4 months?? more? What are the conditions?

I am hoping to be spending a lot of time in Thailand, a year, perhaps three... on and off, as I plan do some travelling around Asia. But I have no desire to work full-time straightaway or even at all.

What's my best bet? Should I just try my luck with a tourist visa?

After leaving the place to get a new 2-month visa, for example in Penang... how long do people stay out of the country before they return to Thailand?

How long does the application provcess for the 2-month visa take? (from Europe it can take a bit of time)

Or should try to get "employed" by a company even it's a sham employment? (like, a farang friend's company)

How much hassle is it to set up my own company even if I have no intention of doing any business?

(EU passport holder, too young to get the "above age 50" visa)

The reason I want to live in Thailand is my Thai gf, about whom I am serious.

But I am still married back home, and the divorce will take some time (for reasons that don't belong here) so marrying my Thai gf is out of the question for now, I assume... or is it? Do Thai authorities check whether a farang getting married in Thailand is already married?

Long post, I hope some knowledgeable folks have the patience and goodwill to help me out.

Edited by lovenim

You could probably get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa. That would allow you leave and re-enter getting 90 days each entry for a year. If you do the last entry just before the visa expires you can stay for almost 15 months. It means border runs every 90 days but it may be your best option.

Most schools require 4 hours a week of study for the ED extensions/

You could probably get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa.

Thanks. The info given on this site regarding this type of visa is from 2006 and it may not be up-to-date.

And, aren't there limitations as to who can obtain sich a visa? (e.g. sports coach, NGO worker, etc.) Or ar these just exampls and anyone can theoretically obtain this visa?

As I said I do not intend to do any full-time activity, at least initially.

Seems the double tourist visa is interesting. Can that be had from any embassy / consulate?

You could probably get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa.

Thanks. The info given on this site regarding this type of visa is from 2006 and it may not be up-to-date.

And, aren't there limitations as to who can obtain sich a visa? (e.g. sports coach, NGO worker, etc.) Or ar these just exampls and anyone can theoretically obtain this visa?

As I said I do not intend to do any full-time activity, at least initially.

Seems the double tourist visa is interesting. Can that be had from any embassy / consulate?

If you are in europe you can get one to visit friends/family.

Tell us where you are at.

Here is a consulate that you could contact to check about getting a visa: http://www.thaikonsulat.de/index2.html

It is in Stuttgart Germany but accepts mail in applications from other countries.

From where I think you are You can apply at the Honorary Thai Consulate in Stuttgart for a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa. This will give you up to 15 months.

Ha, Stuttgart isn't too far from me indeed, though some consulates are closer to where I am (Brussels & Luxembourg, for instance).

So if I understand you correctly, ubonjoe, this 15-month "O" Visa can be had even for visiting friends? It doesn't have to be family?

I can't find that in the info given on this site regarding that visa.

Is that really true?

All it takes is my saying i want to visit friends and perhaps a letter of confirmation from my Thai gf saying this is true?

Edited by lovenim

Stuttgart will do them. I have read reports from people that got them there and even replies back from people I sent there that were successfull. Give them a call or email them.

Not sure about those that you mentioned.

Stuttgart will do them. I have read reports from people that got them there and even replies back from people I sent there that were successfull. Give them a call or email them.

Not sure about those that you mentioned.

Wow, if that is true I am truly amazed... sounds almost too good to be true. I will check this out in due time. And I will keep you posted.

Many thanks for the quick replies from everyone! And sorry for hijacking another thread :)

hallo my friends,

staying now in udon thani thailand one month and never was in laos made my first travel to there last week.

after readimg postings here about doubleentry free in vientanae till june 4 and some people were writing they forget to apply for three entries tourist visa because this usually would be 3000 bath, i did this last thursday morning, as there was no space on the paper to fill in i write in the left edge : x3, wanted to pay 3000 they smile and say: also free, and picked it up the friday afternoon.

can stay with this 3 periods for 60 days and semms must travel to the boarder to activate for the second and third time, can also apply after 60 days for evevery 60 days finished at a immigration inside for more 30 days for 1900 baht.

michael123456

Edited by michael123456

hallo my friends,

staying now in thailand one month and never was in laos made my first travel to there last week.

after readimg postings here about doubleentr free in vientanae till june 4 and some people were writing they forget to apply for three entries tourist visa, i did this last thursday, as there was no space on the paper to fill in i write in the left edge : x3, and picked it up the riday afternoon.

michael123456

I think you will find that it still only has a 90 day validity. Be careful.

I think you will find that the enter before date is 90 days after issue. So that extra entry is almost worthless unless you use it instead of getting a 30 day extension for the first entry.

hallo my friend lite beer,

also thiking this again because there is a date 27 aug 09 and also a friend of mine thinks it is like this, but there is only one date in the visum except the date on which is was given, on on this it says: must enter before.

now i have a two months stamp next to the visum.

if u want i can scan it.

greetinx

You have to use all 3 entries before the 27th of August.

The one date is issuing date , the second date on the visa is the date before you have to enter Thailand first time....., SO IS EXPLAINED BY STAFFMEMBER Thai consulate in Antwerp/Belgium by my first aplication...;, so i did and no problems having!!

The one date is issuing date , the second date on the visa is the date before you have to enter Thailand first time....., SO IS EXPLAINED BY STAFFMEMBER Thai consulate in Antwerp/Belgium by my first aplication...;, so i did and no problems having!!

The second date on a Visa is the date you have to make your final entry. The Visa is expired after that date.

The second date on a Visa is the date you have to make your final entry. The Visa is expired after that date.

So can you explain me then HOW some can make 60+30,+60+30,+60+30 by using extensions as this is 270 days ( few minor because the departing an entry dates are counted as used) ???????

If your visa is valid for six months you do 60+30 exit do again; but maybe short a day or two so that you make 3rd entry before visa expiration, you then get another 60+30. Your visa only has to be valid for the entry date - once here you can continue your stay and obtain normal 30 day extension regardless of visa validity.

If your visa is valid for six months you do 60+30 exit do again; but maybe short a day or two so that you make 3rd entry before visa expiration, you then get another 60+30. Your visa only has to be valid for the entry date - once here you can continue your stay and obtain normal 30 day extension regardless of visa validity.

THX :D for the answer, as i NEVER used extensions it is new for me, and confusing :D with the explanation at consulate Antwerp.

I always go ON EXPIRING date of each entry on visa run and never heaved a single problem, only once asked " NO EXTENSIONS..??" by Thai immigration man (as it seem for them unusually, same as the triple entry's , witch they mark as 1,2, 3 on the Visa page from Antwerp Consulate...

anyway i have to check once a year at least my "other-life " in Belgium as i receive my income from there :) and would not loose my official address there :D AND TAKE NEW "TRIPLE ONE "

• 5 months later...