Cost Of Work Permit

On a previous thread I asked how much a work permit would cost and someone gave the answer of 3100 BHT.

I have since been told by two other people that it is actually 15000 BHT.

Just wanted to throw that out there as those figures are vastly different.

:)

3,100 Baht is the work permit fee payable to the Labour department for a permit valid for one year. The cost of 15,000 Baht mentioned by someone else presumably includes the fee of a lawyer or accountant or other assistant who helped with the application.

--

Maestro

It is not that complicated, It is just that some labor offices can be hard to deal with on your own.

The 3100 baht number can also vary according to the office you use. But not 15,000 baht.

Aha! So does that sound about right?

I assume it's too complicated to do it yourself?

It would depend on your situation. For a teacher it can be easily done, for someone self employed you need a lot of papers. It is getting all the right papers form the company that might be difficult, if you have them it is no problem.

It is not that complicated, It is just that some labor offices can be hard to deal with on your own.

The 3100 baht number can also vary according to the office you use. But not 15,000 baht.

Reading between the lines – today I feel like spelling it out – where the amount is higher in some offices the receipt will be for 3,100 Baht and the hard-to-deal-with part is the negotiation of the non-receipted amount. Sad!

--

Maestro

To clarify - this would be a work permit for a teaching job. I would have to pay for the permit myself and I have been told that it will cost 15000 plus some ongoing administration charges to maintain the work permit.

You can go to nathon - to the "Ampoe" - just after the Police Station - Government Housing Bank - right hand side. go in then left hand side, very friendly, partly english speaking staff, who may be very helpful!

All applicable costs/fees are shown on a board mounted on the wall of the office room.

here the link to the Ministry of Labor Thailand:

click here

Rate or Government Fees for Work Permit

1. 300 Baht = not longer than three months.

2. 500 Baht = longer than three months but does not exceed six months.

3. 1,000 Baht = longer than six months but does not exceed one year.

4. For a work permit which is longer than one year, the fee will be increased for the period exceeding one year at the rate shown in items 1,2 and 3 above.

Source:

Edited by Samuian