Thai Domestic

At the moment thai domestic flights are comparable if not cheaper than the lcc's,I am flying CNX-UBP,chaing-mai-ubon rat. via BKK, thai has more flights, baggage checked right thru,more convenient times. go to thai booking site,look for special deals,designed to attract more custom, they won me this time.to do the same with A.A I have to o/nite in BKK, because A.A. have 1 flt only to ubon, early morning, with no connecting flt from CNX.

regards songhklasid.

I flew from Ubon Ratchathani to Bangkok with AirAsia two weeks ago, using I ticket that I purchased two weeks prior to that. All-in price was 382 baht which included one checked bag and a pre-booked seat. No matter what deals TG is currently running, I'll bet they don't come close to that.

I flew from Ubon Ratchathani to Bangkok with AirAsia two weeks ago, using I ticket that I purchased two weeks prior to that. All-in price was 382 baht which included one checked bag and a pre-booked seat. No matter what deals TG is currently running, I'll bet they don't come close to that.

Price all up with thai for 4 domestic flights was 6000 baht,1500 each journey, as I said this time it suited to avoid a o/nite stay in BKK. Why cant an airline even twice a week, fly CNX to udon thani, then to ubon ratchathani &return, I'm sure it would attract interest.

lets hear your views, regards songhklasid.

Why cant an airline even twice a week, fly CNX to udon thani, then to ubon ratchathani &return, I'm sure it would attract interest.

I agree with you on that in principle but it's been tried, most recently with Nok flying CNX to Udon, and apparently it does not attract enough business to sustain the route.

Rubbish, yesterday I booked a return Udon-Bangkok with Air Asia in July for 1566B, 15kgs bag allowance included.

Tried to book same on Thai Airways now, 3620B.

I'm quit happy flying Air Asia many times/year.

the 3620 baht you quoted from thai airways is the standard price EXCLUDING taxes when you book from the main page.

if you go through promotions like this page it will quote 3130 baht including taxes

also with thai airways the price is usually the same while with airasia you might have to wait for promotions to get a good price

also thai airways flies that route 3 times a day and airasia only 2 times with the first flight from bkk to utg departing at 7am.

so you will have to weigh in all the variables and choose which is the options for you. if your timetables are flexible and you are fine with AA then go for it, it will save you some baht.

i fly with both of these airlines several times a year but for every trip i always check all the timetables, prices and choose which options is the best for that specific journey

I just re-checked thai site :happy the way 2 asia: promotion, return BKK-UBP 2160 BAHT + taxes, anyway the trend is in the right direction. in aust with nat. carrier that would be 10000baht.

regards songhklasid

Price all up with thai for 4 domestic flights was 6000 baht,1500 each journey, as I said this time it suited to avoid a o/nite stay in BKK. Why cant an airline even twice a week, fly CNX to udon thani, then to ubon ratchathani &return, I'm sure it would attract interest.

lets hear your views, regards songhklasid.

About 10 years ago there used to be a twice weekly flight from Chiang Mai-Khon Kaen-Ubon Ratchathani-Udon Thani-Chiang Mai.

I did the trip once with wife and my parents when my parents came over for a holiday.

Only ran for a few months.Was operated by Orienthai.Very old plane.Believe the service stopped because they lost the airworthiness certificate for the plane.Think the same plane was laid up in Ubon for a while with the logo of CambodiaAir

on the tail.

Service was quite usefull,saved a 18 hour bus trip to go to Chiang Mai from Ubon.

That sounds a beauty, I'd get a open ticket, stop off @ udon, a few days in nong-khai, then on to the paradise of ubon, then home to sankhaemphaeng, chaing-mai, what a great 3 week holiday that would be, ah dream on,Is somebody in airline industry reading this.

regards songhklasid.