Non-immigrant B Run

does anyone have any current information on the easiest way to get a non b?

i have all the documents from my employer and i am thinking of using jack golf or another service? does anyone have experience using golf? any other recommendations?

i have to do it this week so any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

derek

You could go to Penang, stay one night, use a Visa Agent. Thats hassle free, easy and fast. If you can book in advance the flights are cheap.

i just called them and they apparently will do it--for 8800. this price includes all fees. i wonder though if there is a cheaper service out there. i would like to do it myself but i just wonder if would be more trouble than its worth.

any ideas on what documents i need to get from my employer to apply for the non b? they say they are writing me a letter but i have no clue.

Where do you plan on going.

I don't think jack does visa runs to a consulate anymore. Just border runs.

Edit: If you want to go to Vientiane. See the last few pages of this topic. There is a company reccomended in one of the recent reports. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

is it advisable to get a tourist or non b on your own? i have heard that it can be difficult without an agent?

no work permit
:)

Sorry but with this answer I do not understantd your question any more.

- Your title "Where is the easiest/cheapest place for non b run?"

means you want to make a VisaRun on a Visa non-B still valid.

You could then make any VisaRun to a border.

- Your 1st message "does anyone have any current information on the easiest way to get a non b?"

means you want a new Visa B...

Not in Asia without WP.

So what is your exact situation ?

In Penang you'll get a 3-months Non-B if you have applied for WP and have the WP3.

Visa cost 5500 baht + some commission.

Take contact with Jim's Place

Documents you can find here: MFA

Are you talking about a Samui price for the visa. :)

A single is normally only 2000 baht.

In Penang you'll get a 3-months Non-B if you have applied for WP and have the WP3.

Visa cost 5500 baht + some commission.

Take contact with Jim's Place

Documents you can find here: MFA

Are you talking about a Samui price for the visa. :)

A single is normally only 2000 baht.

Sorry, 2000 baht single, 5500 multiple. smiley-happy118.gif

no work permit
:)

Sorry but with this answer I do not understantd your question any more.

- Your title "Where is the easiest/cheapest place for non b run?"

means you want to make a VisaRun on a Visa non-B still valid.

You could then make any VisaRun to a border.

- Your 1st message "does anyone have any current information on the easiest way to get a non b?"

means you want a new Visa B...

Not in Asia without WP.

So what is your exact situation ?

at present i have a non-imm o based on my wife's ed visa. my employer took my passport to dept of labor and they said cant apply for wp. so my employer said i had to get a non b or tourist visa which they can convert to a non b. looks like the easiest way is to get a tourist visa. none of this makes any sense to me anymore as you might be picking up on based on my entry.

per the rules, to get a wp you need a non imm visa of any category, which i have. plus, i have already had a wp on my current non o. so it seems that it all depends on who you speak to at the dept of labor. very frustrating and seemingly impossible to figure out.

You can apply for WP on any visa, tourist, non-immigrant and even visa exempt stamp for 30 days.

To get your "blue book" (WP) you need a non-immigrant visa.

With the Ed-visa it will be a little bit harder, it's up to your labour office officer to decide

Your labour office just want some tea money, not legal but up to you. smiley-happy118.gif

Hello to everyone here, from a new guy who needs some advice. I went searching for this very information, and found this great forum.

I also need to get a new Non-Immigrant B.

I have been a student in Thailand for the last four years, using a Non Immigrant ED visa which is expiring close to the end of the month. I have just graduated, and now have a job offer. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do. I've read a lot of things, and am kinda confused. I'm sure that it isn't rocket science, but sure seems like it right now.

Is it possible to "switch" the ED visa and get a B visa, without having to leave Thailand? If so, what do I need to do?

If not, and I need to go to an embassy outside of Thailand - Penang or possibly KL - What do I need in the way of paperwork? Am I understanding the posts in this thread correctly in that I must have a work permit application before these Embassies / Consulates will issue a Non-B visa?

I was believing that I only needed a letter from the company offering me employment along with company incorporation documents, and that the application for work permit could only proceed after getting the Non-B visa....?

Anybody been to Penang recently... have any hotel recommendations for a decent place, with Wifi / internet available?

Is it possible to do it all with only a one-night stay? Does the Air Asia flight from Bangkok arrive early enough to get to the consulate and submit the application, to receive the passport on the following day?

i just called them and they apparently will do it--for 8800. this price includes all fees.

Curious to know - who did you call? What is included in this price?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

RS

To get a B visa working for a company requires a WP3 (work permit application receipt). The company can apply for the work permit on your ED extension/visa. They might even issue the work permit and then you would go to immigration and get a new extension based upon employment but this will depend upon the labor office that they have to go to.

If teaching you don't need the WP3. Any other type of job will require a WP3 at any of the nearby consulates.

In Penang it is best to use an agent to handle the application for you. Website for a guest house that does visa applications also. http://www.banananewguesthouse.com/

I am not sure what the flight schedule for Air Asia is so it is difficult for me to answer you question about that. If I recall correctly you need to get your application in before noon.

So - does anyone know if it is possible to change my Visa status from ED to B from within Thailand? Or, will I have to schlep all the way to Penang for this?

At the moment to you do not have a ED visa you have an extension of stay to attend school. You already have a non immigrant entry so a change of visa status is not needed or possible.

What you can do will depend etirely upon whether the labour department will give you a work permit or not. It varies from office to office. All I can tell you is that the rules only ask for a non immigrant visa entry and your original entry was that.

If you get the work permit immigration will change you current extension of stay to one for employment instead of one for going to school.

Is the WP3 form absolutely required to get a Non B visa from Penang?

The reason that I ask is because I will be replacing another foreign employee who is leaving Thailand at the end of June. As it is, the company resources (capitalization, employees) would not support another work permit application before the previous employee leaves.

Is a letter of offer from the company sufficient to get the B visa, and process the work permit application one I have returned with the visa and the previous employee resigns?