Little Pattaya In Ubon Ratchathani?

chris26be

A bank of the Sirindhorn dam is (or will be?) equipped with a sand beach and coconut palms. If everything is ready, it offers a 60 metre wide sandy beach, good hiking trails, 100 shops, restaurants, parking, toilets and bungalows. TAT Holland calls is Little Pattaya in Ubon.

Anyone knows more about this project?

http://www.thaisverkeersbureau.nl/nieuwsar...land.asp?id=948

Edited by chris26be

A bank of the Sirindhorn dam is (or will be?) equipped with a sand beach and coconut palms. If everything is ready, it offers a 60 metre wide sandy beach, good hiking trails, 100 shops, restaurants, parking, toilets and bungalows. TAT Holland calls is Little Pattaya in Ubon.

I hope for Ubons sake its nothing like Pattaya! :)

Dave

There is a Pattaya 2 in Khon Kan but its nothing like the real Pattaya ,, just a few locals at New year and song kran . selling food and drink , and rubber rings for the kids to swim in the lake with, the lake is huge ,but the area for locals is the size of a large car park,,

We went to Pattaya 2 outside Khon Kaen during Songkran.

They have the typical beach umbrella set-up with the reclining chairs along the shores of the lake. Many food vendors and some water games, i.e. banana boats, innertubes, paddle boats, etc.

No red light district so this is no option. Simply family outings.

It was OK.

It seems to be that Thai's look at Pattaya as if its something to aspire to and be proud of.

Where as, us ferangs see (& maybe use) a more sordid dark side of the place.

Dave

When the local Thais in Ubon talk about Pattaya Noi at Sirindorn Dam, they refer to the planted palm trees and "handmade" sandy beach, which reminds them of a Thai seaside resort, not an infamous farang beer bar arera! :):D

It seems to be that Thai's look at Pattaya as if its something to aspire to and be proud of.

Where as, us ferangs see (& maybe use) a more sordid dark side of the place.

Dave

They are very proud of Pattaya. It is the only place in Thailand which is really known all around the world. What I really miss at those "lakes" all around in Isaan and elsewhere are some small sailing vessels or wind surfing boards where the kids and grown ups can learn to really enjoy the water sports. At least in Buriram there is a lot of wind.

Edited by JanAndersLarsson

...What I really miss at those "lakes" all around in Isaan and elsewhere are some small sailing vessels or wind surfing boards where the kids and grown ups can learn to really enjoy the water sports. At least in Buriram there is a lot of wind.

Thais would rather be interested in the water scooters. But I guess to costy for Isaan. Many places have tires for kids to play in the water.

Sailing is for farangs. Most of the Isaan lakes are rather swamps - not deep and often full of pring (leeches); reeds and Hydrilla may be a hindrance for sailing.

Thais are of the opinion that they get a dark skin if they expose their skin to sun or wind. Worst is sun and wind. You certainly would get a good sun tan if you go windsurf in Isaan :)

Regards

Thedi

Little Pattaya, on the Srithon Resovoir has been there for a long time already. It is a collection of restaurants that are in the water. Sometimes they are under water. In a past thread about that area I posted a picture with one of the restaurants with just the roof above water. It is directly opposite the sattalite station.

...What I really miss at those "lakes" all around in Isaan and elsewhere are some small sailing vessels or wind surfing boards where the kids and grown ups can learn to really enjoy the water sports. At least in Buriram there is a lot of wind.

Thais would rather be interested in the water scooters. But I guess to costy for Isaan. Many places have tires for kids to play in the water.

Sailing is for farangs. Most of the Isaan lakes are rather swamps - not deep and often full of pring (leeches); reeds and Hydrilla may be a hindrance for sailing.

Thais are of the opinion that they get a dark skin if they expose their skin to sun or wind. Worst is sun and wind. You certainly would get a good sun tan if you go windsurf in Isaan :)

Regards

Thedi

There are 2 water scooters often being used in the late afternoon near the Mun River bridge in Ubon. Opposite the ran-out-of money market.

I hope for Ubons sake its nothing like Pattaya! :)

Dave

+1

I was just thinking the other day, Dave, how lucky I am to live in Roi-Et. Gorgeous town. Everywhere looks like the entrance to a fancy golf course. Real civilisation.

Little Pattaya, on the Srithon Resovoir has been there for a long time already. It is a collection of restaurants that are in the water. Sometimes they are under water. In a past thread about that area I posted a picture with one of the restaurants with just the roof above water. It is directly opposite the sattalite station.

And that is exactly when it started, just after the CAT ground station was finished (getting on for eight or so years now). I have a place about 2km from it behind the CAT dishes.

And that is exactly when it started, just after the CAT ground station was finished (getting on for eight or so years now). I have a place about 2km from it behind the CAT dishes.

What a wonderful place to have a house. Me and my family love Kong Chiam and the surrounding area.