Stolen Motor Bike

pete600

Hi I know it's a long shot. I had my bike stolen last night from Patong.

It's a white Honda wave 125cc Injection Reg 994. Black seat with a red Sparco logo.

If any one spots it can you PM me

Thanks

Go and tell the police theres a high reward.. and the tuktuk and MB taxis..

Had 2 found.. Tho had to barter with the cops who had one but wouldnt give it back without more reward than seemed fair. Biggest bike thieves on the island exist right in that office.

Had 2 found.. Tho had to barter with the cops who had one but wouldnt give it back without more reward than seemed fair. Biggest bike thieves on the island exist right in that office.

Why am I not surprised. Would it be cheaper in the long run to just go and pay tribute to our guardians of law and order?

If its a random theft, it can work. If its organised, it doesnt work. Bib cant compromise their close friends.

It seems like Wave 125inj is very popular. I guess there are many old Wave/Dream frames around.

Best bet, talk to the local Bib and offer a substantial reward.  Someone, somehow will return your bike for the reward and pinch a different bike the next night.

What would you class as a substantial reward 5k 10k 20k ?

The bike was 2 years old worth about 30k

Best bet, talk to the local Bib and offer a substantial reward.  Someone, somehow will return your bike for the reward and pinch a different bike the next night.

What would you class as a substantial reward 5k 10k 20k ?

The bike was 2 years old worth about 30k

5K.

It won't help you get your bike back, but could you provide a few more details on the circumstances of the theft?

For example, did you leave the key in the ignition (I've done that, but during daytime in Kata)? Did you lock the steering mechanism? Did you use a chain or other lock on one of the wheels? What section of Patong was it? During what time frame?

I sympathize because I know it could happen to any one of us, despite normal precautions. But it would be helpful if you could add some details as per above, or any other pertinent information as to why your bike was nailed.

Thanks.

any other pertinent information as to why your bike was nailed.

Probably a popular model that will be broken up for cheap bike parts, which, with the economic climate as it is, will be no problem to sell and virtually impossible to trace.

Edited by Sir Burr

Yeh ... it's a real long shot. I've had 3 stolen over the past 12 years. Never got one back.

Wow, you lucky guy! Do you know how they did it? Did they have a key or just hoist it into a pick-up truck? Trying to figure out the best way to circumvent a theft.

Wow, you lucky guy! Do you know how they did it? Did they have a key or just hoist it into a pick-up truck? Trying to figure out the best way to circumvent a theft.

No idea, but I would recommend a big obvious chain round the wheels. Or better still, have an old bike no-one would want to steal.

It won't help you get your bike back, but could you provide a few more details on the circumstances of the theft?

For example, did you leave the key in the ignition (I've done that, but during daytime in Kata)? Did you lock the steering mechanism? Did you use a chain or other lock on one of the wheels? What section of Patong was it? During what time frame?

I sympathize because I know it could happen to any one of us, despite normal precautions. But it would be helpful if you could add some details as per above, or any other pertinent information as to why your bike was nailed.

Thanks.

Hi It was taken between 1am - 10am from outside the house(Nanai) . Its had the steering lock on and the cover that locks the ignition.

So most likely put in the back of a pick up.

Pretty much kiss it goodbye, but do file the old police report once in a while they raid Cut/Shop, maybe you will get lucky. A friend had his bike stolen in Dec 08 and low and behold in Feb 09 he took is neighbor to the police station to pay a no Helmet/license ticket and up his bike, when spotted his very on Blue Honda Wave 125 in the police pound, had he file a police report he may have gotten it sooner. How did it get there>a story for another Thread :):D

Life back home for a biker!

1 eventually find somewhere to park your bike!

2 Steering lock on

3 U lock through through front forks

4 Disc lock on front wheel

5 Very heavy duty Stainless Steel chain combined with over 15,000 bahts worth of padlock, secured to something immovable if possible, through the back wheel

6 Category 1 alarm immobiliser switched on

After doing all of the above I still lost 2 bikes.

here never lost anything and often leave the key in the ignition and things on the bike.

Life back home for a biker!

1 eventually find somewhere to park your bike!

2 Steering lock on

3 U lock through through front forks

4 Disc lock on front wheel

5 Very heavy duty Stainless Steel chain combined with over 15,000 bahts worth of padlock, secured to something immovable if possible, through the back wheel

6 Category 1 alarm immobiliser switched on

After doing all of the above I still lost 2 bikes.

here never lost anything and often leave the key in the ignition and things on the bike.

I know that it's going to sound crass, but write off the loss and get a car. In a different environment, a bike would be great, but here, if you are sat in a car and see the antics of the typical Thai bike rider, you would never throw your leg over one again.

if you are sat in a car and see the antics of the typical Thai bike rider, you would never throw your leg over one again.

That would depend on the sex of the Thai bike rider...........

Absolutely!