Shoulder Pain Help!

pingping

Have this persistent shoulder pain and was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows of an acupuncturist, chiropractor etc that could help. I went to Ram and was told to just take painkillers......I am looking for an alternative..

Thankyou in advance

Have this persistent shoulder pain and was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows of an acupuncturist, chiropractor etc that could help. I went to Ram and was told to just take painkillers......I am looking for an alternative..

Thankyou in advance

Until you find a qualified professional try using an ice pack for about a half hour, then switching to a heating pad for the same amount of time.

Hope this helps, and you feel better soon.

there is a good chiropractor on one of the lanes off loi kroh (i think the one that is 2 or so towards the moat from the entertainment complex) his number is listed on yell for chiangmai. cost is about 500b a go but he made a huge differencee to my back pain

Thankyou in advance

Until you find a qualified professional try using an ice pack for about a half hour, then switching to a heating pad for the same amount of time.

thankyou....

there is a good chiropractor on one of the lanes off loi kroh (i think the one that is 2 or so towards the moat from the entertainment complex) his number is listed on yell for chiangmai. cost is about 500b a go but he made a huge differencee to my back pain

Thankyou for the advise...dont know "yell for chiangmai"..is it a publication?

thanks

Thankyou in advance

Good advice - I used the same approach for some bad lower back pain. As I understand it, the principle is that the cold compress first expels blood from the area and the heat then brings it rushing back - aiding the healing process (helps with the pain anyhow).

Also, do a search for "Leeper" on here (Dr Ken Leeper at Shewe Wellness). He's a qualified American chiropractor who has done wonders for many. The charge last time I went was 800 baht for an hour - but check with them as I saw another figure mentioned here recently (possibly a mistake)

For acupuncture, I recommend the Mungkala Chinese Medicine Clinic in Rachamanka Road (053-278494).

Edited by Steve2UK

Thankyou in advance

You'll need to differentiate between muscular pain and carpel tunnel syndrome induced effects.

Examine and adjust your daily postures, avoid repetitive actions such as working over computers,

examine and adjust the ergonomics of your furniture setup, height of chair, lumbar support, etc.

Most tables and worktops are suitable to eat on and not meant for computer keyboards,

this raises our arms while typing and causes more stress on the shoulders ...

Accupunture will give pain relief within minutes. Talk to your doctor, they have visiting accupunturists at the big hospitals.

If you have been diagnosed with humeroscapular periarthritis (aka frozen shoulder), I recommend a cortisone injection. It worked wonders for me.

For years I suffered with what was diagnosed as a frozen shoulder and the old doc used to put the arm in a sling usually for a couple of weeks, one day I was suffering yet again and went to see the doc but he had retired and there was a new doctor, a young Indian guy who diagnosed a frozen shoulder, he told me to rotate my arm/shoulder for a few minutes but be prepared for some discomfort and if necessary hold onto my shoulder with the other hand, he showed me how to do it and yes it hurt but within 2/3 minutes the pain had gone, now when it returns I do it without a visit to the doctors.