Any Couples Want To Be Photographed?

gdluvzu

disclaimer: I read through the rules, and I hope this is not in violation. If it is, I apologize and the mods will moderate.

Hi everyone- I'm a wedding photographer based out of Chicago headed to Phuket for a week to scope out your beautiful island. I'm planning to start my week off in Surin.

Are there any couples (20-30yrs of age) that would like to be photographed? This would be free- no charge. I just want to shoot beautiful couples in a beautiful location.

If you are or know of anyone who might be interested could you have them PM me? I have a website and portfolio but do not wish to violate forum rules by posting it. This is not 'glamour' style photographs, but more in tune with the style of photography in the States.

That being said, I'm looking forward to Phuket! Though the 'other' thread about raised prices has me a little concerned. :)

Be careful, it's on the list of occupations and professions prohibited to foreigners.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Annexed to the Royal Decree Naming Occupations and Professions Prohibited to Foreigners, B.E. 2522 (1979)

The Alien Business Law (N.E.C. Announcement 281). Business activities falling in categories A & B are generally closed to foreigners. Under category C you must obtain a permit prior to commencing business. Businesses outside these categories are exempt. The Ministry of Commerce will also help applications of non trading offices.

Category A:

1.Agriculture: rice farming; salt farming. Commercial Business: Internal trade in local agriculture products, Land trade. Service business: Accounting, farming animals, architecture, advertising, brokerage, auctioning, Barber, hair dressing & beautician. Building industry.

Category B.

1. Agriculture Business: orchids, cultivation, animal husbandry including silk worm raising, timbering, fishing.

2. Industrial & Handicraft: Rice milling, Flour making, sugar, alcohol & non alcohol drinks, Ice cream, Pharmaceutical manufacturing, cold storage, timber, gold, silver and inlaid stone, wood carving, lacquer-ware, match making, cement etc, Dynamiting rocks, Manufacturing garments & shoes, Printing, newspaper publishing, silk weaving or silk printing, manufacture of finished products in silk.

3. Commercial: all retailing not in category C. Or trading not in Category C, selling food an drinks, trading of antiques & fine arts.

4 Service Industry: Tour agency, Hotels except Hotel management, photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.

5. Land, water & ie. transport.

Category C.

You are allowed to do the following. Exporting, all wholesale trades not in A & B. retiling machinery, equipment & tools, selling food, beverages that promote tourism. Industrial & handicraft Business: manufacturing animal feeds, vegetable oil extraction, textile manufacturing, dyeing, fabric printing, glass ware manufacturing, making plates and bowls, stationary & printing paper, rock salt mining, mining.

Service: anything not in A or B.

Thanks Poor Sucker!

I don't plan on charging any money...just taking pictures-

Makes not one scrap of difference.. Being paid or not has nothing to do with it..

While highly unlikely all it takes is for them to say so and you in trouble.

-LivingLOS - it seems that way in Thailand? that british couple was held for three days just because someone said so-

Anyways, it doesn't seem like I will be photographing anyone - I'll just take some photos of the sunsets.

Thanks!

-LivingLOS - it seems that way in Thailand? that british couple was held for three days just because someone said so-

Anyways, it doesn't seem like I will be photographing anyone - I'll just take some photos of the sunsets.

Thanks!

gdluvzu, I have to apologize for some of the responses here.

All you ask for are some couples that might be interested in being photographed and you get responses of "there are prettier and cheaper places in Thailand" and "work permit rules in Thailand".

As I've been here awhile I am not surprised, lotsa salty dogs on this Forum.

I think you might be able to post a free ad in the Phuket Gazette online, you might get some better responses there. Also, although far away from Surin there is a new restaurant Baan Chom View that overlooks Kata Noi. Kuhn Jom and K. Tu who run the place are a nice looking couple and I'm sure would be more than happy to pose with a nice sunset in the backgraound. Have dinner afterwards, the food there is also very good.

There are far nicer places to photograph around Thailand and they are all a lot cheaper to stay in. :D

Ohhh brother :) , after that post I can see the OP racing around, changing holiday booking, slashing his wrists.......what were you trying to acheive?

OP, Ignore this type of thing, I am sure you are going to enjoy your holiday at Phuket.