Falang Pays 2.8 Million Sin Sot For Kratoey!

Bobsyouruncle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That must go down as one of the most expensive gay weddings to date (not including Elton).

I have nothing against dowries per se but paying a dowry to another guy???? Surely the one dressed as a woman should be paying half no?

Why isn't she pretty? She looks beautiful.

She? From the medical terms - even with a successful operation - such a person is considered as being a male!

That's the whole idea. The best of both worlds.

I was under the impression that you can't actually legally marry your gay partner here in Thailand as it's not recognised. Anyway, everyone to their own and the best of luck to them. At least they've found happiness when so many others are still looking.

But that's an insane amount of money.

I doubt many Thai men would even pay one for the 3rd gender.

Why do people feel the need to 'get married' anyway?

It is not out of the ordinary that sex is only allowed after you got married! :)

Looks like, that she first took his marriage proposal not seriously and joked by saying sin sod = 2.8M and he simple said that's fine....

BTW that kind of news could spread quicker than a brushfire and prices for sin sod and other costs could go up, while already married husbands could face paying another 100ks. :)

As others have said, its his choice. Hope they both are very happy together and the relationship is a success.

The only thing i can think of that may be a concern to others is the possible knock on effect for farangs who pay sin sot. When Thai people read about a farang paying that kind of money for a katoy, imagine what some may think. Charge double that for the regular girls sin sot!! Buyer beware. :)

(btw..the "buyer beware" was a play on a popular expression and meant as a joke!)

edit: Ow, birdman bet me to it..haha. Sorry didnt read your post before posting mine. :D

Edited by eek

Why do people feel the need to 'get married' anyway?

Bit off-topic, but i used to think same way. I always thought i would want to be independent and not even have kids. But, if you meet the right person you can still be somewhat independent (meaning not be stiffled and maintain some independence and things you like doing). I can now see the benefits of the idea of marriage, especially now the idea of having kids is more appealing. Having someone to hopefully grow old with, create some security with, create a home and family with. Someone who you can share times with and develop memories with. Of course, a male and female perspective on this likely differs, but im sure many fundamental reasons are shared. Of course, if a man (or woman) is interested mainly in sex with many different people, then unless he/she can find and enter into an open marriage, then any monogamous relationship is probably their idea of hel_l.

Yes well I guess its up to him how much he wants to pay.

In this day and age with all the same sex relationships, marriage etc etc the only thing that seems out of order here is the colour of his suit? :)