Closing Tutorial Schools Are Urgently Necessary : Pm

They are cram schools for kids to receive extra help preparing for exams. They are not language schools. I believe the reason they have been singled out is because of large class sizes however normal schools often cram 50 or 60 kids in a classroom. internet shops are also being closed. Being a cynic, I feel there's political motivation behind this. 11 people have died of this strain of flu. I'm sure thousands in Thailand have died of other strains of flu this year; 11 people dead and this reaction.

Edited by Loaded

Sorry but Tutorial schools are in fact language schools (EF, Wallstreet etc).

We have been told to close from the 13th to the 28th July.

In Bangkok tutorial and some language schools have been told to close. A tutorial school is not a language school. both belong to the non-formal education sector but are classified differently.

Edited by Loaded

They are being made a scapegoat because so far the focus has been on students, schools, and the disease (as it is more dangerous to the young, on average).

The idea is that students from many different schools come to the same place to do extra study, so therefore they are a good way for the disease to get around.

Of course, there are two problems with this: one, the disease is already out there.

Two, if they're worried about people from different parts of the country coming together, I have two words for them: bus stations.

Primarily, it's a small scapegoat that doesn't take much money or political capital to address in order for the government to appear to be 'doing something.'