Can You Buy A Hybrid Car Like Toyota Prius In Bangkok ?

Aswin

I hear these types of hybrid cars aren't available in Thailand yet. Is this true ?

What about the kind of car like they have in Brazil where you can mix different type of fule or use whatever fule that is cheapest at the time, ethanol (alcohol) or gasoline (petrol, benzine or whatever it is called there) ?

Are these types of cars available in Thailand ?

My sister lives in bangkok and she drives a BIG 8 seat Toyota SUV. I ask her why such big gas guzzling air polluting car, she says its because of floodding problem in Bangkok, it gets her going everwhere and that regular car can't go everywhere when there's flooding.

Thx.

I hear these types of hybrid cars aren't available in Thailand yet. Is this true ?

What about the kind of car like they have in Brazil where you can mix different type of fule or use whatever fule that is cheapest at the time, ethanol (alcohol) or gasoline (petrol, benzine or whatever it is called there) ?

Are these types of cars available in Thailand ?

My sister lives in bangkok and she drives a BIG 8 seat Toyota SUV. I ask her why such big gas guzzling air polluting car, she says its because of floodding problem in Bangkok, it gets her going everwhere and that regular car can't go everywhere when there's flooding.

Thx.

all the taxis running around bangkok are not SUVs?

I have seen quite a few prius on the roads so they must be available here.

Yes the Toyota Prius has been sold here for the last 5 years or so......

The new Hybrid coming soon is the Toyota Camry

Cool Thx. the new Toyota Prius, 2010 model, gets 50 miles per gallon. At least the ones being sold in the US.

Not sure how much that is in kilometers per liters. The Camry and Honda's Hybrid don't get nearly as good numbers.

In Thailand, they have lots of cheap sugar cane there, wonder why they don't make more ethanol (alcohol) for fuel there.

In Thailand, they have lots of cheap sugar cane there, wonder why they don't make more ethanol (alcohol) for fuel there.

Have you ever been to a service/petrol station in Thailand? By your response it would seem not. Fuel blends of 10 per cent and 20 per cent ethanol are already widely used in Thailand and have been for some time (at least the 10 per cent).

Plans are to continue to increase production and also to export to other Asian countries.

Thailand - an Ethanol Centre

TH

Cool Thx. the new Toyota Prius, 2010 model, gets 50 miles per gallon. At least the ones being sold in the US.

Not sure how much that is in kilometers per liters.

In google, enter "50 mpg in kpl". Cool, huh? Or enter "51282 baht in dollars".