Wheel Balancing For Bikes - Bangkok

rdg_john

LoL

I dont, but I do recal a guy coming to my mechanics shop once and being very disappointed because they put new tires on a bike but couldnt balance it as well.... It was behind seacon square.

Could that be the OP?

I just had new diablos put on the vfr, and never thought at all about balancing. I hope I dont die.

If anywhere, Id think Red Barran could do it, though ive never been because I dont have 10,000 baht to toss around for a membership and havent boughten a bike there.

Does anyone know of any tyre shops in Bangkok that can competently balance bike wheels?

Don't bother. Go with Dyna Beads. Have them mailed over from the States. What will it weigh? Around 5 or 6 ounces. Duty? What duty on a tube full of little white beads. I've got them on three of my bikes and I'm not looking back.

Edited by Sojourner

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know of any tyre shops in Bangkok that can competently balance bike wheels?

Don't bother. Go with Dyna Beads. Have them mailed over from the States. What will it weigh? Around 5 or 6 ounces. Duty? What duty on a tube full of little white beads. I've got them on three of my bikes and I'm not looking back.

Well, what I should have done is just look around a bit before mucking about shipping Dyna Beads over. Richco Motor Sports in Chiang Mai carry Dyna Bead products for motorcycles. He even EMS's them out to far flung places like Bangkok. :)

Here's a heads-up for anyone thinking of using Dyna Beads if you are going to use them in tubeless tires. You must be sure the tire and wheel are clean inside. No mounting grease or contaminates of any kind. Some tire manufacturers use a release agent that turns sticky. Any of these things will keep the beads from rolling smoothly. Clean the inside of the tires and wheels. You spoked wheel lovers don't have anything to worry about as the beads go into the inner tube. As thaicbr said, take a close look at their website to see if these are for you.

Edited by Sojourner

• 1 month later...