Seat Rebuild In Cm

drfang

I have just bought a Tiger Boxer 250rs, yes no tacho...... Its second hand, with about 2500km, nicely run in. Before i go to far on it i need the seat resculpured, I like to sit back on a bike , and the seat as it is makes me sit with my long legs way to far foward. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a place in CM that will rebuild the seat for me.

Thanks

also less is more for this seat. try and get them to use high quality memory type foam and bring it around the tank at the front like the CBR150. You should then have a comfortably seat. The older stock seat is <deleted>!

I have just bought a Tiger Boxer 250rs, yes no tacho...... Its second hand, with about 2500km, nicely run in. Before i go to far on it i need the seat resculpured, I like to sit back on a bike , and the seat as it is makes me sit with my long legs way to far foward. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a place in CM that will rebuild the seat for me.

Thanks

Hi there,

You seemingly have the older seat on the 250 rs. I got the newer seat and it is alright...not great but alright.

I assume if you ask tiger to exchange to the newer seat they will do it(for little or no cost)?

Ask Khun Pariya from Tiger what can be done, his email adress is: [email protected]

hope that helps and have fun with the Boxer 250 RS...

mbox

Difficult to see it..would have to sit on it..if you feel like you gonna get something crushed than it is the older seat...how old is the bike now? My bike was the first one shipped out with the new seat so if you can give me the date the bike was original sold to the first owner than i will mostlikely be able to tell you the seats model...just out of curiosity, did you buy the Boxer 250 rs that was on TV Classifieds? If so, than i am sure this has the old seat.It was sold prior to mine...send an email to Khun Pariya and ask him for advise of a possible exchange.

Hope that helps..nice color of bike ( i got the same)

mbox

Thanks for the tips. Is this the older seat?

post-62986-1247922130_thumb.jpg

Difficult to see it..would have to sit on it..if you feel like you gonna get something crushed than it is the older seat...how old is the bike now? My bike was the first one shipped out with the new seat so if you can give me the date the bike was original sold to the first owner than i will mostlikely be able to tell you the seats model...just out of curiosity, did you buy the Boxer 250 rs that was on TV Classifieds? If so, than i am sure this has the old seat.It was sold prior to mine...send an email to Khun Pariya and ask him for advise of a possible exchange.

mbox

getting something crushed,,,,,definately,,, :) and i think it was on TV, i know the previous owner,and snapped it up fast.Does the newer seat allow one to sit back more? I need to move back about 75mm (3 inches) or so. The bike was delivered in Jan of this year.

Ok, nice buy ! So you surely got the old seat and either you get it fixed in cm somewhere or get Khun Pariya from Tiger to send you the new seat . I did have a test on the older seat in the showroom and the new seat is a lot better. You should be able to sit more to that back as i am able to do that too...

hope that helps,

mbox

mbox

getting something crushed,,,,,definately,,, :) and i think it was on TV, i know the previous owner,and snapped it up fast.Does the newer seat allow one to sit back more? I need to move back about 75mm (3 inches) or so. The bike was delivered in Jan of this year.

Ok, Thanks mbox, i will try to get a new seat before butchering the old one, then i will have a spare.I would prefer a flat seat, as i am a sloppy rider, and like to move around a lot, My bike i deserted in AU is a big guzzi, with a "climb on and walk to your seat" type saddle.

Cheers

Wrath.... trust me mate. you would not like it... iThe Boxer 250 is soft,sloppy and bloody uncomfortable. the NEW one is better. But you can still do a lot better. Use a good quality auto memory foam and build the seat flat with a small arse impression then wrap the seat around the tank ala cbr150. then it would be very comfortable short or long distance. I tried telling Pariya this but they just added foam and made a monster saddle :)

Wrath.... trust me mate. you would not like it... iThe Boxer 250 is soft,sloppy and bloody uncomfortable. the NEW one is better. But you can still do a lot better. Use a good quality auto memory foam and build the seat flat with a small arse impression then wrap the seat around the tank ala cbr150. then it would be very comfortable short or long distance. I tried telling Pariya this but they just added foam and made a monster saddle :)

The idea to wrap the seat around the tank was given to Khun Pariya on more than one occasion , i also think the foam should be different....at least some layers with different kind(in firm/softness) of foams could be helping too. But maybe the next generation of boxer will have this update...and ,no, i don't know when the next Boxer version comes..maybe need to ask khun pariya.

To be honest i have now driven 4000 km with the newer seat on my Boxer and it( the seat) is not too bad really even for longer distances. I guess you get used to it. Need to point out i was driving another 250 cc bike recently (that costs almost double the price)and found the boxer seating comfort better...

mbox

mbox, who's bike I have ridden (and yes, it's my bike he's talking about having another crappy seat) knows what he's talking about. The seat on his was pretty good, probably an all day seat, but the position is too upright for me. The Ninja's is a bit better (other than locking you in one place) in that the weight isn't just on your tailbone, but also supported by your forearms a bit.

Whatever you do, don't get kano85's seat....that's misery although he swears by it.

oH OK I THOUGHT kANO'S AND mBOX'S SEAT WERE THE SAME. its Kano's seat i tried. and of course the test bikes miserable seat........ jeez it still brings tears to my eyes just remembering that trip. Dave have you seen the Ninja seat mos. I think i posted over on the ninja thread.

Allan

oH OK I THOUGHT kANO'S AND mBOX'S SEAT WERE THE SAME. its Kano's seat i tried. and of course the test bikes miserable seat........ jeez it still brings tears to my eyes just remembering that trip. Dave have you seen the Ninja seat mos. I think i posted over on the ninja thread.

Allan

Hi (in response to thaicbr & dave_boo),

The seat of kano is a modified old version seat. He had it made to his wishes. He is comfortable on it and thats most important . I didn't have much problems with his seat really, but like the seat on my bike better.

The seating position is why i bought the boxer in the first place....some people like it some don't. I don't recall any of the bikes that i ridden (and where upright position) that weren't having the weight on the tailbone. Even the Vmax had it....

The seating position on the ninja, some people like it some don't . And thats one of the reasons why i didn't buy the ninja or alike.

But the seat itself makes you numb on the ninja after a short/medium drive already (but i am sure it can be resolved by doing some work on the foam and cover material used),it is not a problem on the boxers new seat. But sure there is always room to improve on the boxers seat too. Today or tomorrow i will get my windshield & wider handlebar sorted....and than i hope things are fine from the "windy" & "comfort" perpective too

What Thaicbr wrote about seat mods is good suggestions just hope tiger will do it too.

mbox

Edited by mbox

Update,,, I emailed Kn Pariya yesterday, and today he has replied offering to exchange the old seat for the new version. Pretty good service!!. I will see how this seat goes, there is always the old pillow and a roll of duct tape solution, worked on our paddock bikes when i was 14 :)

drfang;

It seems that Tiger is doing everything they can to make you Boxer owners happy...contrast that with some companies who won't even work on your bike unless you bought it through them!

mbox;

There's nothing wrong with kano's seat...for him. However, I'm a bit 'stockier' than he is and just didn't feel it. Your seat wasn't too bad, but I think I've just gotten so used to the pitched forward riding position that I can't be comfortable on the standard position anymore (and most likely would be a pretzel on the chopper position).

But you do bring up a good point; just because I like it, or you like it, or kano likes it doesn't make it the be-all-end-all authorative word on ergonomics. We're all different and whilst we can give personal experiences, each person will have to decide on their own about such a subjective matter.