Mexican Food Patong

losmex

What happened to BBQ Hut ? Been there a long time, good food, etc. I was there last year..... :)

I can only speculate, but considering the food quality went downhill in a huge way, I think the farang moneybags gave way to the ex-missus. Run right into the ground it then.............disappeared.

I agree that Coyote is a nice place but not because of the food. The food is good but not Mexican as Americans know it.

BBQ Hut is alive and well. They moved to a bigger and nicer location just across the street from the Mercure Hotel. Same menu. Even my San Diego friends approve of their Mexican food.

I agree that Coyote is a nice place but not because of the food. The food is good but not Mexican as Americans know it.

BBQ Hut is alive and well. They moved to a bigger and nicer location just across the street from the Mercure Hotel. Same menu. Even my San Diego friends approve of their Mexican food.

There ya go, I was looking on the wrong side of the road.

As far as Coyote, the Mexican being not Mexican as Americans know is a crock of BS as the cook is from the San Francisco Bay area. I had a beef chimichanga there that was better than beef chimichangas in a few California Mexi restaurants. Sliced steak in it compared to what is usually low grade ground beef.

My wife and I ate Mexican at BBQ Hut 2 months ago and it was horrible. I can see why they went out of buisiness. We then ate at a small Mexican restaurant on the soi behind Rock City call Banana Sombrero. It was great. It is more authentic Mexican food than American style.

Edited by JoeInSurin

Strange.. I thought you were the owner of the Patong mexican on Sansabai ??

If you are talking about Mike's, he's gone. Indian food restaurant now.

Also I see the BBQ Hut is gone, they used to have some o.k. Mexican.

If you are talking about Banana's Mexican on Sansabai, it is still there going strong (not to my taste though).

The only 2 places that I & my BF like are Coyote in Patong and Sala Mexicali in Chalong.

But the second one is always close. I don't know why. Last Sat we drove far away from Thalang and was upset that it's close again.

Sala Mexicali is good if you have A LOT of time. 

My wife and I ate Mexican at BBQ Hut 2 months ago and it was horrible. I can see why they went out of buisiness. We then ate at a small Mexican restaurant on the soi behind Rock City call Banana Sombrero. It was great. It is more authentic Mexican food than American style.

What's the difference between Mexican style and Amerian style?

Does anybody know of a good Mexican restaurant in Phuket? will be going to Patong Beach mostly.. thanks!!

Thai Taco on Beach Road (Tawewong Road) in front of La Bamba, it's not a restaurant but a snack bar, you sit at the Sunrise Bar (hassle free bar) and the menu are on the table.

-taco

-burritos

-quesadilla

-chilli

-guacamole

-corn chips

-home made salsa

Everything is made fresh next to you even the chips.

I recommend the freshly made guacamole who is very good

They make pretty good burgers, you wont go to McDonald again!

Edited by NamKAheng