Pad Consider Setting Deadline On Sondhi Case

george

PAD consider setting deadline on Sondhi case

By John Le Fevre

BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): -- People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) coordinator Suriyasai Katasila claims deputy prime minister Suthep Thaugsuban's defense of national police chief Police General Patcharavat Wongsuwan shows that the Sondhi Limthongkul case is not being taken seriously.

The claim by the PAD coincided with Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva saying he needed a couple of days to to search for the fact by himself, after receiving a report on Sondhi's case from Suthep.

Suriyasai said the PADs tope five leaders will meet next week to discuss the investigation and will formulate an official stance against the Government's seemingly not genuine pursuit of assailants.

Suriyasai said the PAD may call for the removal of Patcharavat and Suthep, and impose their own deadline for Sondhi's case to be investigated.

The deputy PM said Royal Thai Police Deputy Commissioner-General Thanee Somboonsap will collect more evidence and witnesses and apply to the court for additional arrest warrants.

On April 17 gunmen with semi-automatic weapons opened fire at the car in which Sondhi was travelling on his way to the ASTV station to host his morning talk show.

Sondhi suffered head injuries but survived the hail of bullets, while his driver ended up in hospital in critical condition.

On July 14 the Criminal Court approved the issue of arrest warrants for a soldier and a policeman over the attempted assassination of the core PAD leader.

Neither former police corporal Worawut Mungsanti, or army Sergeant Major Panya Srihera from the army Special Warfare Centre, are reported to have been apprehended as yet, despite Worawut stating a week ago that he would surrender to authorities in a matter of days.

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2009-07-26

PAD consider setting deadline on Sondhi case

By John Le Fevre

BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): -- People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) coordinator Suriyasai Katasila claims deputy prime minister Suthep Thaugsuban's defense of national police chief Police General Patcharavat Wongsuwan shows that the Sondhi Limthongkul case is not being taken seriously.

The claim by the PAD coincided with Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva saying he needed a couple of days to to search for the fact by himself, after receiving a report on Sondhi's case from Suthep.

Suriyasai said the PADs tope five leaders will meet next week to discuss the investigation and will formulate an official stance against the Government's seemingly not genuine pursuit of assailants.

Suriyasai said the PAD may call for the removal of Patcharavat and Suthep, and impose their own deadline for Sondhi's case to be investigated.

The deputy PM said Royal Thai Police Deputy Commissioner-General Thanee Somboonsap will collect more evidence and witnesses and apply to the court for additional arrest warrants.

On April 17 gunmen with semi-automatic weapons opened fire at the car in which Sondhi was travelling on his way to the ASTV station to host his morning talk show.

Sondhi suffered head injuries but survived the hail of bullets, while his driver ended up in hospital in critical condition.

On July 14 the Criminal Court approved the issue of arrest warrants for a soldier and a policeman over the attempted assassination of the core PAD leader.

Neither former police corporal Worawut Mungsanti, or army Sergeant Major Panya Srihera from the army Special Warfare Centre, are reported to have been apprehended as yet, despite Worawut stating a week ago that he would surrender to authorities in a matter of days.

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2009-07-26

"Suriyasai said the PAD's top five leaders will meet next week to discuss........." at least they have considerable comfort level that they can pursue the perp's who attacked their "dear Leader", while avoiding their own pursuers for their airport and Government house sacking capers. Their friends in high places will protect them, plus they are in-line for senior level positions once the appointive electoral process is finalized. On another note, would some of you lesser musicians agree that Abhisit is too astute politically to appoint the likes of Kasit as FM, and that it is entirely plausible that he was foisted on Abhisit. The guy has way too much baggage, and I am sure Abhisit knew that. It is the opinion of many, that Kasit's primary purpose was to pursue Thaksin, and being FM was merely the secondary vehicle through which to achieve that primary goal. As long as Thaksin is free to operate, sooner or later their military coup and the subsequent judicial coup as charged by the pro-democracy Red Shirts, will be exposed. That fear is being actualized now, given the massively growing support for the best PM Thailand ever had. And you musicians on this board can jump up and down all you want, but the Thai electorate is not fooled the way you are. They have a clear perception of the pre-Thaksin Thailand and the post-Thaksin Thailand. You think all this birthday celebration hoopla and a million plus vote petition is all a mirage........It has substance boys, so wake up from your media instilled stupor.

Edited by Ferwert

Let the great minds of the PAD set the deadline for the start of the high season.

Lets see if their masters will allow them free reign this time round to destroy the country whilst the army stand by guarding their AIPORT CLOSURES (this is undoubtedly the seed they are trying to sow) against action by the Police. Remember, many of the Army owned/controlled hotels, bars, restaurants and market pitches are loosing money as well. The first big losers during the PAD anarchy last year were the Army with "Asias biggesst cancelled Rock festival" being called off due to their buddies blocking airports. I seem to remember thousands of tickets having to be refunded. http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089552 Gist of which is PAD muppets cause massive financial loss to Army masters! Som Nam Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Yes PAD, we have had a year of your Army installed government and can see that levels of corruption and nepotism are much greater than under thaksin. We see the country sinking at greater levels than neighbours whilst Abhisit wild goose chases after Thaksin's shadow. Our tourism down 22% whilst Bali increase 8% which shows many of our Australian Visitors opting for the shorter haul to a more stable country.. Indobloodynesia of all places.

On top of this, we have full on propaganda from the Government, bribing the population with tax payers money, giving handouts and free electric and water. At least Thaksin handed out his own money!

What stands to happen is that Thaksin will get back in as this lot are so totally inept and were not popular enough to get elected even when they held all the ace cards. Next, the economy will improve as the recession ends but many Thais will attribute this to Thaksin! He will then be even more popular and you yellows only hope will be a proper coup on the lines of Burma.

I hope Abhisit kept that house in Newcastle. Might come in handy next year and who knows, he might grow to love watching Newcastle United under perform year in year out for the rest of his life, as a sort of constant reminder of his Government days.

Edited by grandpops

Let the great minds of the PAD set the deadline for the start of the high season.

Lets see if their masters will allow them free reign this time round to destroy the country whilst the army stand by guarding their AIPORT CLOSURES (this is undoubtedly the seed they are trying to sow) against action by the Police. Remember, many of the Army owned/controlled hotels, bars, restaurants and market pitches are loosing money as well. The first big losers during the PAD anarchy last year were the Army with "Asias biggesst cancelled Rock festival" being called off due to their buddies blocking airports. I seem to remember thousands of tickets having to be refunded. http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089552 Gist of which is PAD muppets cause massive financial loss to Army masters! Som Nam Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Yes PAD, we have had a year of your Army installed government and can see that levels of corruption and nepotism are much greater than under thaksin. We see the country sinking at greater levels than neighbours whilst Abhisit wild goose chases after Thaksin's shadow. Our tourism down 22% whilst Bali increase 8% which shows many of our Australian Visitors opting for the shorter haul to a more stable country.. Indobloodynesia of all places.

On top of this, we have full on propaganda from the Government, bribing the population with tax payers money, giving handouts and free electric and water. At least Thaksin handed out his own money!

What stands to happen is that Thaksin will get back in as this lot are so totally inept and were not popular enough to get elected even when they held all the ace cards. Next, the economy will improve as the recession ends but many Thais will attribute this to Thaksin! He will then be even more popular and you yellows only hope will be a proper coup on the lines of Burma.

I hope Abhisit kept that house in Newcastle. Might come in handy next year and who knows, he might grow to love watching Newcastle United under perform year in year out for the rest of his life, as a sort of constant reminder of his Government days.

Wow, good insight grandpops. You are obviously not one of the musicians. How did you manage to avoid the English Language media indoctrination that afflicts so many Farangs on this board. You obviously have alternative sources of information. Although I give the Farangs a hard time, I also sympathise with them. Their source for English language news is so confined, and when that limited source has primed them for the last several years with their clearly identifiable agenda, it is no wonder they are now singing off the same songsheet.

As a total aside...how do I reply/comment on a lengthy newspaper article on this board, without duplicating the entire article in my posting?

Poor old Sondhi, I can't help but feel a little sorry for him! :)

To think that this was the man who once said "Thaksin is the best Prime Minister Thailand has ever had". But that was before his lover did the nasty on him, and stopped him writing off his crumbling business empire's debts to their bank. Had he been allowed to do so, it would have effectively bankrupted Kreung Thai bank, which is why Thaksin blocked the scheme PDQ.

His subsequent personal hatred of Thaksin was exploited by the BKK elite and the military, who encouraged and financed PAD in their campaign to depose Thaksin. That they nearly destroyed the Country in the process is simply a reflection of the Thai's inability to think more than one day ahead.

Unfortunately for him, he started to believe his own anti-corruption rhetoric, and soon saw through the facade of "squeaky-cleanness" that Abhisit has fooled so many on TV with. So much so, that he started to talk of fielding candidates in the next election which would almost certainly scupper any chance the Dems might have of being re-elected!

That his former backers decided to eliminate him should come as no surprise to anyone whose glasses are not rose-tinted - what a glorious idea, get rid of Sondhi who was becoming a pain in the veritable backside and then blame old Tacky! And didn't the usual suspects just leap on that bandwagon here at TV! Kill two birds with one stone, eh? Likewise, anyone who thinks that this government will ever allow the culprits to stand trial and maybe spill the beans on who the real masterminds of the plot were, must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

Poor old Sondhi, I can't help but feel a little sorry for him! :)

To think that this was the man who once said "Thaksin is the best Prime Minister Thailand has ever had". But that was before his lover did the nasty on him, and stopped him writing off his crumbling business empire's debts to their bank. Had he been allowed to do so, it would have effectively bankrupted Kreung Thai bank, which is why Thaksin blocked the scheme PDQ.

His subsequent personal hatred of Thaksin was exploited by the BKK elite and the military, who encouraged and financed PAD in their campaign to depose Thaksin. That they nearly destroyed the Country in the process is simply a reflection of the Thai's inability to think more than one day ahead.

Unfortunately for him, he started to believe his own anti-corruption rhetoric, and soon saw through the facade of "squeaky-cleanness" that Abhisit has fooled so many on TV with. So much so, that he started to talk of fielding candidates in the next election which would almost certainly scupper any chance the Dems might have of being re-elected!

That his former backers decided to eliminate him should come as no surprise to anyone whose glasses are not rose-tinted - what a glorious idea, get rid of Sondhi who was becoming a pain in the veritable backside and then blame old Tacky! And didn't the usual suspects just leap on that bandwagon here at TV! Kill two birds with one stone, eh? Likewise, anyone who thinks that this government will ever allow the culprits to stand trial and maybe spill the beans on who the real masterminds of the plot were, must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

Wow catmac. Excellent post. maybe I have been too hasty and judgmental of Farangs posting here. I have only been on this website a month or so, and was bowled over initially by all the anti-Thaksin, anti-Red Shirt, anti-democracy rhetoric.......and all the terminology was almost identical to the English language media. But my faith in Farang-dom is slightly restored today. Postings like yours Catmac, and an earlier one by Grandpops showed some excellent insight. I hope to read more of it. I want farangs to be informed and not appear to be so easily led.

Edited by Ferwert

I am also taken aback, as a rule I am not interested in any politics, just different bunches of crooks acting on behalf of who "contributes" to their campaigns.

I have observed some of many incoherent anti-Taksin rants and just assumed foreigners here were incapable of any independent thought or analysis and only able to regurgitate the biased local press.

At least these posts seemed well thought out, unemotional and rational. No doubt the haters will be here soon to lower the level of discourse.

Wow, good insight grandpops. You are obviously not one of the musicians. How did you manage to avoid the English Language media indoctrination that afflicts so many Farangs on this board. You obviously have alternative sources of information. Although I give the Farangs a hard time, I also sympathise with them. Their source for English language news is so confined, and when that limited source has primed them for the last several years with their clearly identifiable agenda, it is no wonder they are now singing off the same songsheet.

Alternatives. More often than not, most don't know how to pursue {nor care to} info outside of the fabricated and santized establishment realms. This is a common trait, regarding any matter, as to absorb such officidom lines. Alternative sources and POVs are quite available and easily accessable concerning Thai issues.....Thai, English, etc.