Tourist Visa Extentions

im austrian citizen ,

i will come to thailand with triple tourist visa ( with 3 entry )

my question is : Howlong i can stay in Thailand with this triple visa at all ?

6 months?? 9 months?

* as i know ,when i make the first entry to thailand , i will get 2 months visa at the airport,

then i can do 1 month extention at immigaration office " if i apply for " ( 3 months )

* then i go out again abroad and come inside ( back to back)

i will have automatictly another 2 months

and 1 month extention at immigration office ( are 6 months )

* then again abroad and another 2 months and 1 month extention

all together it seems 9 months WİTH EXTENTİONS

if i DONT do the extentions, i can make every 2 months 3 time back to back

then i can stay 6 months only in thailand ... but with extentions i get 9 months..

if i have triple tourist and 3 ENRTY , which way is better to do now?

isi it better dont go to immigaration office asking for 1 month extentions ?

because some people say, if you extend your tourist visas ,

then you would not get another tourist visa after 3 time use?

i will be glad if somebody give answer about.

p.s. i want stay as long as i can in thailand ,,

next year in june i will be 50 years old anyway..

from now on , i need visa only for 1 year to stay in thailand then i will have no problem.

--dont offer me non b or like that its too kaotic ..thank you.

Do you have the visa now? If not get a multi entry non immigrant O visa from Perth or Brisbane. The cost will be offset by no extension fees and only making border runs every 90 days.

If you must use the 3 entry it will depend on how you feel. There is currently no limitation of obtaining another except at Penang.

Do you have the visa now? If not get a multi entry non immigrant O visa from Perth or Brisbane. The cost will be offset by no extension fees and only making border runs every 90 days.

If you must use the 3 entry it will depend on how you feel. There is currently no limitation of obtaining another except at Penang.

Well, the OP is from Austria and not Australia so getting to Perth or Brisbane may be more costly for him.

One important factor is how long the validity time the visa has. The visa has a date stamped on it and it says: 'Enter before xx.xx.xxxx'. This means that the last date of entry into the Kingdom using this visa is the date preceding the enter before date. This will eventually determine how many days you can stay here. Please also pay attention, it is not 2 or 3 months, but 60 and 90 days respectively, which is not the same.

Do you have the visa now? If not get a multi entry non immigrant O visa from Perth or Brisbane.

Haha, being an Austrian citizen myself this made me laugh quite a bit! I once saw a T-shirt sold in Austria saying 'there is no Kangoroos in Austria' :):D

Go get a Non-O for visiting a friend, it is by far the easiest option in your situation. You have to find a friendly consulate though, I heard Stuttgart is doing that and accept mail-in applications, see discussion here.

I wonder whether the Consulate in Salzburg might do a Non-O for you, too. I for myself did not know enough about Visa rules before coming here so I did not check it out, but you might!

I recommend to go for the Non-O even if it seems a bit of a work now. As soon as you are here your options are limited (most probably a visa-run to Laos for a Double Entry Tourist Visa to get another 6 months) and the Non-O will make your time here more relaxed.

welo

Never heard of that, but maybe I haven't been around long enough.

Currently the consulate in Penang is giving troubles with back to back Tourist Visas, but Vientiane still gives Double Entry Tourist Visas with no limitations and Phnom Penh does with Single Entry TVs.

So if you decide to go with a Tourist Visa you should max it out with an extension after each 60 days so you get (close to) 9 months. Then you would probably go for a Double Entry Tourist Visa in Vientiane, and later for a Non-O based on retirement (if you fulfill the financial requirements).

However, better to go for the Non-O as I said before.

welo

Never heard of that, but maybe I haven't been around long enough.

Currently the consulate in Penang is giving troubles with back to back Tourist Visas, but Vientiane still gives Double Entry Tourist Visas with no limitations and Phnom Penh does with Single Entry TVs.

So if you decide to go with a Tourist Visa you should max it out with an extension after each 60 days so you get (close to) 9 months. Then you would probably go for a Double Entry Tourist Visa in Vientiane, and later for a Non-O based on retirement (if you fulfill the financial requirements).

However, better to go for the Non-O as I said before.

welo

danke dir welo,

good luck