Gettin My First Motorbike

bkkc1976

Hello everybody.

i was reading in the bike forum every day in the last weeks as i had the plan to go to chiang mai on my honda click!(live in bangkok)

After the engine broke down i forget about the plan and was looking for a used motorcycle.the only option was a cb 400.but as i never been on a motorcycle(i mean i had a vespa in germany and drove with it around italy,greece,turkey and to a lot of scooter runs in germany and holland back in the days,and riding my click in bangkok over a year now) i just didnt like it because it was to big and i am looking for something easy to drive,espacially for windy roads etc.

and then first time i saw the ninja 250 onthis forum....bam...i am in love:-)...i dont have the money to buy it straight away,but i will buy it in the next 2 month.i read every article about the bike,watched every video on youtube and of course read every thread on this forum!!i cant wait to get it.ok enough...you see already my mind is only about this ninja bike...dam_n i am dreamin of it already:-)!

i have 2 questions

1) has anybody of you guys a gps on your ninja and if yes can you tell me how you fixed it,or who fixed it for you and how much you paid for gettin it installed....and of course did you connect to the battery by any way so you can charge it on the bike while riding?

If yes pls attach some pix here!

2) after reading about the irc tires are so bad i am thinking about getting tires before i buy it so they can install it for me when i buy my bike...i think my choice (after what i was reading) would be the bridgestone bt 45s?can anybody tell me where to get it and how much i should pay for it?i live near the old airport...so if anybody knows a shop in this area it would be perfect!

ok everybody.

thx for reading and regards

Congratulations on your decision. The Ninja is pretty much a perfect bike to ease yourself into the world of real motorcycles.

I have the Garmin Zumo 550 installed on my Ninja 250. Since it's designed as a motorcycle GPS unit, it came with the mounting hardware. There was both a bracket that clamped over the handlebar proper or you could use 1/2 of that setup and detach the bolts that hold your clutch bracket and thread longer bolts into the place of the stock bolts. I chose the easier route (not detaching the clutch's bolts) because I'm a klutz and didn't want to break anything. There main holder for the unit itself has leads that go to your battery so it recharges. It also came with a suction cup car mount that has a cigarette adapter plug to recharge with. There must be extra circuitry or something in the motorcycle mount because only when it's in there (and not in the car mount) will it do an estimated fuel left display. No detailed pics, sorry can't help. There are pictures on the web though. The one attached shows the "hard" way of mounting it...

garmin_zumo_2.jpg

Highside Tours in Pattaya would be able to EMS you a really nice set of Pirellis. I also have contact information for the Pirelli shops in BKK. PM me if interested. Seems going rate is ~7000 THB per set.

Congrats bkkc! You choose a nice bike for riding in LOS...

Sorry, I can't help about the GPS (right now thinking mounting one on my bike :) )...

IMHO about tyres, don't worry so much... For my part, I think I should use the irc rather than changing them at the first time... and save 7000 or 8000 Bahts for my trip! Furthermore you should be able to make your own statement...

Just my 2 cents (of a Euro!)...

Oh!, and welcome to Chiang Mai!

Gobs