Where Can I Take My Girlfriend In Roi Et

steven45

hi im off to roi et wheres a nice place to take my girlfriend.and is there much nitelife there .a nice places to eat would be good with issan food yummy .and is there any farang pubs there ,will get transport so closes by ok to . :)

hi im off to roi et wheres a nice place to take my girlfriend.and is there much nitelife there .a nice places to eat would be good with issan food yummy .and is there any farang pubs there ,will get transport so closes by ok to . :)

errrr why are you in roi et? Is your gf grom there by any chance?

Hi

I suspect you are going to be very disappointed if you hope to find any UK type pubs in Roi et or even Isaan.

The only reason you can be going to Roi et is as MeMock suggests because that is were your gf comes from. Why not let her take you to eating places etc I am sure she will know the best venues for your somtam and entertainment.

Good luck

TBWG :D

In my opinion there are many worse places to spend a weekend than Roi Et, which is surely one of the most attractive small cities in the NE.

Regarding Farang-style bars there is the White Elephant just a little way across the canal from the central shopping area and Roi Et City hotel. I think there is also a second smaller farang-owned bar nearby but have never visited that one.

There are quite a few nice restaurants around the city, some in the entertainment area near the Petcharat Garden Hotel (best deal for hotel with swimming pool). I like a restaurant on the ring road between the Mahasarakham turn and Global House superstore, which used to belong to the provincial medical officer, but have not been there for a while. There is also the usual KFC in Roi Et Plaza if you want fast food.

The entertainment area mentioned above contains several bars and discos, though on my last visit I was not that impressed. There is also the notorious second floor of the Mai Thai Hotel with its not-so-traditional massage (not for the OP though). This site describes some of these places.

http://www.roietmap.com/nightlife.html

Regarding day activities, one obvious spot to explore is the central lake - Bung Phalanchai - with its paddle boats and fish to feed. Nearby is an impressive aquarium, complete with glass tunnel, which is either free (on some days) or just a nominal admission fee, Just beyond the aquarium (going away from the main lake car park) there are a couple of farang-owned cafe/bars and One-to-One Pizza (I think one of the bars is also a travel shop and internet cafe). You'll usually see several westerners at tables outside, and I think these probably stay open for beer and food in the evenings. Elsewhere in the City is a temple with the tallest standing Buddha in Thailand (Wat Buraphaphiram) and various shopping possibilities, including Tesco and Makro. The province as a whole has several interesting historical sites (do a search) and some quite scenic hills. One newer temple that is surprisingly scenic is Wat Pa Nam Yoi, which is further afield near the border with Mukdahan.

Roi Et is a small city but I think it is under-rated.

Edited by citizen33

post-18138-1249286376_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1249286394_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1249286409_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1249286424_thumb.jpg

I agree with everything that citizen33 has said.

The White Elephant has excellent food and 101 Pizza is a great place to have a burger and a beer and take in the surroundings close to the lake.

It is a great place and very clean and friendly.

Trying searching the forum for Roi-Et as there is a lot of info in here.

These pics are a couple of years old and that was the last time I was there.

post-18138-1249286376_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1249286394_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1249286409_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1249286424_thumb.jpg

The White Elephant has excellent food and 101 Pizza is a great place to have a burger and a beer and take in the surroundings close to the lake.

Drive past that lot every weekend.

Yes, it's a lovely town is Roi-Et.

Edited by MJP

hi yeah gf from roi et but living in bkk ,thought it would be nice to see issan done most off thailand mate live in hati yai was looking forward to a few beer changs in a farang pub ,was looking for places with issan music more ,not worried about meeting farang 18th time in thailand .north easted the only part off thailand ive not seen

Hi

I suspect you are going to be very disappointed if you hope to find any UK type pubs in Roi et or even Isaan.

The only reason you can be going to Roi et is as MeMock suggests because that is were your gf comes from. Why not let her take you to eating places etc I am sure she will know the best venues for your somtam and entertainment.

Good luck

TBWG :D

hi thxs, staying with her family in issan was looking for nice places to take ong .i now what she will say up to me ,lol was looking more for issan music with lots of beer ,not worried about farang bars justed nice places with nice food ,ong will cook mosted off the time ,but not there long this time ,like to take her out make it a holiday for her to ,anyway thxs and ill not be disappointed love thai ppl lived with some in bristol a few years ago ,sap lee lee grait food .

• 1 year later...

wow cool, the water was actually blue when u took those shots!

There's a very large new Wat somewhere a bit North of there, I guess your partner (and family) would be interested in visiting there for a 1/2 day. Basic road side food available on site. Inside there is a very step (scary) staircase inside. Take a good camera as all the Thais want pictures proving their pilgrimage. The whole place has only been open a few years. If you control the trip suggest that you take GF plus her mother and a few of her friends, this avoids you having to deal with an expensive 'family' trip, plus you earn big merit with the GF without her loosing face by having to deny the beer seeking family members that will volunteer to help empty your wallet.

If you are likely to visit next year, check out the rocket festival in mid May. Now would be a good time to review locations and establish a good hotel to stay at.