My First Laptop

PastEgo

going to buy my first laptop at pantip - never been a laptop owner before only desktops

so need a bit of advice

want one that has a nice big screen

able to play oblivion and other good games

should have the usual array of ports etc

at least 500gb hd

4gb mem

any ideas folks what is available and a good shop to buy from (and what floor, lol)

price range 35-60k baht

the cheaper the better lol

any brands / shops i should stay away from as well re laptop sales

thanks

PastEgo

going to buy my first laptop at pantip - never been a laptop owner before only desktops

so need a bit of advice

want one that has a nice big screen

able to play oblivion and other good games

should have the usual array of ports etc

at least 500gb hd

4gb mem

any ideas folks what is available and a good shop to buy from (and what floor, lol)

price range 35-60k baht

the cheaper the better lol

any brands / shops i should stay away from as well re laptop sales

thanks

PastEgo

For the game you mentioned, several laptops will do an adequate job. Probably best in the higher end of your budget. If you think you will ever play action games, shooters, etc, you will need more power and faster video card. I just went through this process and wanted a laptop, but my gaming required a 100k baht machine. Even 17" screen was a bit small. There are some 18 and 20" out there, but over 100k baht.

Dont let them tell you a 17" 40k baht asus will play all games. Many machines will play non action games if you want to set the graphics down on lowest settings.

I finally had to go with a PC, an HP with a 23" bright screen that will smoke any game out there. Cost 35K.

Thats kind of your choices. I would have preferred a laptop too. If you MUST have laptop, be prepared to pay 60-80k baht to keep you at the mid level of technology.

I have good luck with the bigger pc shops at Central Bangna, and Pantip top floor.

Hope this helps.

Edited by oldgeezer