Partner Visa Australia (309 And 100)

Hi there,

I'm in the final stage of preparation for a partner/spouse visa to Australia (subclass 309 and 100) for my Thai girlfirend of two years and her daughter. I would like to know if it is possible to have copies of original documents required for the visa application certified at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok? Or is there any other place in Bangkok where this can be done?

Also I have listed below all documents I'm planning to submit to the Australian Embassy and would like any comments/recommendations on them or additional documents required. Any other suggestions/tips?

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate any answer and promise to keep other applicants posted on this thread about the progress of the Visa Application.

Im planning to submit the following documents:

Form 47SP

Form 40SP

Photos (4 for each applicant and 2 from sponsor)

Payment of Visa Application Charge (Cashiers cheque over THB 45,600.00)

Personal Document – Sponsor

• Copy of Passport
  • Copy of Tax Assessment Notice 2008 and 2009
  • Letter of Employment
  • Copy of Payslips
  • Divorce Certificate from privious wife

Personal Documents – Applicant

• Copy of Passport applicant and daughter
  • Copy of Thai ID card for applicant
  • Copy of Thai Family Book showing applicant, daughter, mother/father and all brothers and sisters
  • Copy of Birth certificate of applicant and daughter
  • Copy of Name change certificate of applicant and daughter
  • Copy of Death Certificate of applicants daughters birth father
  • Copy of School Certificate of of applicant and daughter
  • [/size]Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) of applicant
  • other relevant schooling certificates of applicant and daughter

Form 888 (Statutory Decloaration signed by two friend)

Proof of genuine and continuing relationship

• Details of Relationship signed by applicant and sponsor
  • Photo documentation showing all details of the relationship
  • Print of all 'Skype' Conversations between applicant and sponsor
  • Mobile Phone Charges for sponsors phone showing calls and SMS's to applicant
  • Bank statements (from applicant) showing financial support from sponsor
  • Lease contract of shared apartment in Bangkok
  • Copies of boarding passes showing flights together to Phuket, Koh Samui and Sydney
  • Copy of grated Tourist Visa (Subclass 676) to Australia and entry and exit stamps for applicant and daughter
  • Statements written by applicant and sponsor detailing the financial, emotional and physically support and our future plans

Health Documents (Completed Health Examination and X-Ray of applicant and daughter)

Character Documents (Police Clearance certificate from the Royal Thai Police for applicant)

Edited by tominoz

Hi there,

I'm in the final stage of preparation for a partner/spouse visa to Australia (subclass 309 and 100) for my Thai girlfirend of two years and her daughter. I would like to know if it is possible to have copies of original documents required for the visa application certified at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok? Or is there any other place in Bangkok where this can be done?

Also I have listed below all documents I'm planning to submit to the Australian Embassy and would like any comments/recommendations on them or additional documents required. Any other suggestions/tips?

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate any answer and promise to keep other applicants posted on this thread about the progress of the Visa Application.

Form 47SP

Form 40SP

• Copy of Passport
  • Letter of Employment
  • Copy of Payslips

• Copy of Thai Family Book showing applicant, daughter, mother/father and all brothers and sisters

• Copies of boarding passes showing flights together to Phuket, Koh Samui and Sydney
  • Copy of grated Tourist Visa (Subclass 676) to Australia and entry and exit stamps for applicant and daughter

• Statements written by applicant and sponsor detailing the financial, emotional and physically support and our future plans

Health Documents (Completed Health Examination and X-Ray of applicant and daughter)

Character Documents (Police Clearance certificate from the Royal Thai Police for applicant)

Fairly comprehensive list.

The one I have highlighted...............it maybe that the embassy requires information on your history as well......where you met, how you met, what you have done together, family members met, etc....

At my wifes interview, a lot of the questions came from this.

Hi there,

Form 47SP

Form 40SP

• Copy of Passport
  • Letter of Employment
  • Copy of Payslips

Hi Tominoz,

I take it the application is based on a defacto relationship between you and your partner. Can you show at least 12 months continued cohabitation immediately preceeding the date of application.

Bridge

Edited by bridge

Hi Bridge and gburns57au,

Thanks for your input! Yes we have been living together for 14 months and have also a detailed list of all events in our relationship from the day we met (July 2007) till now, highlighting all stages of this relationship. Also with our photo documentation we can proof those events are true.

Any tip on getting those documents certified?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks for your input! Yes we have been living together for 14 months and have also a detailed list of all events in our relationship from the day we met (July 2007) till now, highlighting all stages of this relationship. Also with our photo documentation we can proof those events are true.

As a Registered Migration Agent I am able to certify documents. I will be in Bangkok next Friday if that helps. If I can be of some assistance, please contact me by PM.

Regards

Bridge

my wife just had her interview just basic questions asked where u met how u fell in love she was ask my parents names what do u intend to do when u get there . the main thing they were chasing was that u can support your wife , they wanted tax group certificate make sure u have heaps of of photos of every where u have been together , as some 1 told me send as much as you can think of as it can only help good luck

Thanks rick210372!

That was my plan, give as much documents and papers i can find with relevance to the application. I did quite a bit of research and have a thick stack already. I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
We applied for the visa at VFS today. Thanks everyone for their help and input. I'm also happy to answer any questions and will keep other readers posted about the progress.

Cheers and regards,

Thomas and Jo

Nice one. Keep us updated, and best of luck.

The experience at VFS (Thailand) was throughout positive. We went there around lunch-time and waited only about 15 minutes for our turn to hand in the application. All staff we dealed with were friendly and helpful.

We only needed one document certified (I had done all others back in Oz) which wasn't a problem at all.

We were also able to purchase the cheque for the visa fee (THB 45,600.00) there which made it very easy.

Just be aware that the staffs at VFS are not able to witness statutory declarations. My girlfriend had one prepared but we were told we could sign it during the interview at the embassy later on.

We been told that the embassy will be in contact with us for the interview anytime between two to four weeks from now. The overall time for a decision on our visa was predicted to be two to three month.

The charge for the service at VFS was THB 1,105.00 which is fair in my opinion.

I'm sure a large and heavy photo album with a 2 year history helped our Spouse Visa application considerably.

A very brief phone interview with my wife happened a couple of weeks after the VFS visit and approval only some days after that.

Edited by fishhooks

Just a quick update on our visa situation. Today we have received an email from our case officer at the Australian Embassy. My partner has been invited for an interview at the embassy on the 29th of October.

Because we also included my partner’s daughter in the application the case officer has asked me (the sponsor) to provide a NPC (National Police Clearance) from Australia. I had never read anything about this so it seems to be a new regulation. However I got nothing to hide and actually appreciate the efforts of the Australian Government to protect children migrating to Oz.

Because we also included my partner’s daughter in the application the case officer has asked me (the sponsor) to provide a NPC (National Police Clearance) from Australia. I had never read anything about this so it seems to be a new regulation. However I got nothing to hide and actually appreciate the efforts of the Australian Government to protect children migrating to Oz.

Indeed it is a new requirement...

We have just lodged our papers for the 100 visa about 3 weeks ago and nothing was mentioned, today I received a letter....not my wife....requesting me to submit a Federal Police Clearance as I am sponsoring a child under 18 for his 100 visa.

The accompanying letter explains that due to the Government wishing to protect children against Child Sex Offenders it is now a requirment for the sponsors to submit a NPC.

As a Registered Migration Agent I am able to certify documents. I will be in Bangkok next Friday if that helps. If I can be of some assistance, please contact me by PM.

Regards

Bridge

just wondering is it mandatory to have personal statements (i.e, relationship details, photos, etc) to be certified by RMA?

just wondering is it mandatory to have personal statements (i.e, relationship details, photos, etc) to be certified by RMA?

No.....only official documents need to be certified, so birth certificates, divorce papers, house registration.....etc...

the rule of thumb is that if it too important a document to send in to the embassy then a certified copy should be sent. Any documents that require translating should also be certified as a true and correct translation as well as both the original and the translation then copied and certified

Edited by gburns57au

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the Statutory of Declaration a firm requirement for Prospective Marriage Visa (300)? I am arranging my papers and thought I needed to include this, but someone told me its for partner/spouse visa only. Can someone confirm this please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hUsh

Is the Statutory of Declaration a firm requirement for Prospective Marriage Visa (300)? I am arranging my papers and thought I needed to include this, but someone told me its for partner/spouse visa only. Can someone confirm this please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi hUsh,

I believe when applying for a spouse/partner visa a statutory declaration helps to make your point stronger that you and your partner are in a serious, genuine and long-lasting relationship. With a prospective marriage visa you are making this point by declaring that you will marry your partner within a certain time frame. In my opinion this means that there is no additional stat dec neccessary.

Good luck!

Thanks in advance.

Hi hUsh,

I believe when applying for a spouse/partner visa a statutory declaration helps to make your point stronger that you and your partner are in a serious, genuine and long-lasting relationship. With a prospective marriage visa you are making this point by declaring that you will marry your partner within a certain time frame. In my opinion this means that there is no additional stat dec neccessary.

Good luck!

Thanks tominoz! I recheck the document checklist and StatDec wasn't mentioned there...

Thanks in advance.

Hi hUsh,

Good luck!

Thanks tominoz! I recheck the document checklist and StatDec wasn't mentioned there...

Aaahhh I am getting confused as I was reviewing the Form 40SP checklist at the end and the Stat Dec was mentioned again that should also be provided (not mentioning whether it's for Spouse/Partner or Fiance)..

Then on another paragraph was an additional checklist for Prospective Marriage Visa and it mentioned in the part of evidence of geniunely intending to live together in a spouse relationship should provide at least 2 statements from family/friends which sounds similar to Stat Dec. Is this just an ordinary letter written by famz/friends & is this really needed? or will the Stat Dec suffice? Appreciate if someone can clarify.

Also, for the photos, do I need to submit them in printed form or can I save them all in CD's or even a USB thumb drive? I have so many photos and would be easier to organize in soft files, but worried that the embassy wont accept this. Anyone with experience?

There is a specific form/stat dec they have to fill out, its form 888, its on the immi.gov.au website.

About the photos, I just printed mine two to a page on plain A4, I am not sure if they accept them on disc or usb drive.

Edited by rick75

Hi my boyfriend (thai) and I just submitted our spouse visa in Feb of this year.

With respect to the stat dec's we each provided a stat dec detailing our relationship, history, details of how we met, what our future plans are etc. We also wrote a letter each, but we figured the stat dec would carry more wait.

Then we used form 888, to have both of my parents (one each) provide details relating to our relationship.

In addition we also had a number of friends and family write letters in support, some of these were in stat dec form and some were not.

With our photos, we had hundreds but I simply choose a selection of 40 or so, printed them off and placed 2 per page with sticky tape and then narrated each photo stating the location and who was in the photo. They are not so fond of people submitting photos in any other format, you need to make it as easy as possible for them to review.

My boyfriend received a phone call 1 week after we submitted our application, he had his interview 2 weeks ago and now we patientily await the outcome !!

Good luck !!

I also just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who posts on this forum, it certainly made our job easier when putting togerther our application with all the great feedback provided. :)

As I mentioned I am not a hundred percent sure about the prospective marriage visa as my partner and me applied for a partner/spouse visa and we definitely needed the stat dec.

In our initial application we had included well over hundred printed photos. During my partners interview the staff from the Oz embassy asked if we have any additional photos (I couldn't believe it but I guess they just hadn't looked at the supplied ones yet) and we were told it is fine to submit digital pictures on a disk. So I burned a nice DVD with over 3000 photos. We received our visa shortly after :-)

Guys.....

Read Booklet 1 partner migration....it gives the details in there...

Prospective visa ..............statements required by at least two people to state that the relationship is genuine.

Does not have to be in Stat dec form.

The Form 888's will be required when the Temporary resident visa is applied for after the marriage.

Edited by gburns57au

Form 888s seem to be used for onshore applications. The wording of the form certainly appears that it is a form for use in Australia.

The only person who could witness an Australian statutory declaration form in Thailand would be a consular official at the Australian Embassy.

Statements by third parties do not rate as highly as the statements made by the applicant and the sponsor.

My wife or myself were never asked for them (and they were never supplied) in our application by either the Australian Embassy or DIAC in Canberra.

They may well be used for "defacto" applications in Australia. These require a higher level of proof.

Form 888s seem to be used for onshore applications. The wording of the form certainly appears that it is a form for use in Australia.

The only person who could witness an Australian statutory declaration form in Thailand would be a consular official at the Australian Embassy.

Statements by third parties do not rate as highly as the statements made by the applicant and the sponsor.

My wife or myself were never asked for them (and they were never supplied) in our application by either the Australian Embassy or DIAC in Canberra.

They may well be used for "defacto" applications in Australia. These require a higher level of proof.

My wife and I had to supply Form 888's for her Offshore application.....They are required to be completed by Australian Permanant residents or Citizens who know the couple and can attest to the relationship being genuine.

Looking at the Website it indicates that for a prospective spouse visa, only statements are required....However for the Temporary Spouse visa which is applied for after the marriage has taken place that the form 888 stat decs will be required.

My wife and I had to supply Form 888's for her Offshore application.....They are required to be completed by Australian Permanant residents or Citizens who know the couple and can attest to the relationship being genuine.

Looking at the Website it indicates that for a prospective spouse visa, only statements are required....However for the Temporary Spouse visa which is applied for after the marriage has taken place that the form 888 stat decs will be required.

When my wife applied for her subclass 100 visa DIAC supplied two pro forma Commonwealth Statutory Declaration forms, one for the applicant and one for the sponsor and on these forms were asked to supply the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees only.

These persons could be contacted by DIAC if required. We used the same names on each declaration.

DIAC never did contact them.

If one was married in Australia and applied offshore ie in Bangkok, yes, the Form 888s might have to be used as both of you would have been in Australia for some time.

But to apply offshore and the applicant never having been to Australia they would not be used.

We used two signed letters only and no third party statements. Commonwealth Statutory Declarations by all means are superior but getting them witnessed outside of Australia may be difficult as the only person in Thailand would possibly be an Australian consular official.

Edited by david96

When my wife applied for her subclass 100 visa DIAC supplied two pro forma Commonwealth Statutory Declaration forms, one for the applicant and one for the sponsor and on these forms were asked to supply the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees only.

These persons could be contacted by DIAC if required. We used the same names on each declaration.

DIAC never did contact them.

If one was married in Australia and applied offshore ie in Bangkok, yes, the Form 888s might have to be used as both of you would have been in Australia for some time.

But to apply offshore and the applicant never having been to Australia they would not be used.

We used two signed letters only and no third party statements. Commonwealth Statutory Declarations by all means are superior but getting them witnessed outside of Australia may be difficult as the only person in Thailand would possibly be an Australian consular official.

Fair comment......

The same reason as to why statements are used for the Prospective spouse and then the form 888's for the Temporary Spouse visa...