Where In Bangkok Are The No Fee Atms

KCM

I remember reading in a previous post that Government Savings Bank and Aeon ATMs don't charge the 150 Baht ATM fee. Does anyone know where any of these machines are? The most convenient for me will be in the Sathorn area but around Silom and Sukhumvit would be ok too. Thanks.

I remember reading in a previous post that Government Savings Bank and Aeon ATMs don't charge the 150 Baht ATM fee. Does anyone know where any of these machines are? The most convenient for me will be in the Sathorn area but around Silom and Sukhumvit would be ok too. Thanks.

Really depends on the card you're using. I got hit at an AEON machine last week with my U.S. DEBIT card. Now trying to sort that out with my bank, asking them what kind of card I could/should use.

Mac

try Bank of Ayudhya

try Bank of Ayudhya

I tried a Bank of Ayudhya ATM on Suan Phlu but it had the message saying there would be a 150 Baht fee.

try Bank of Ayudhya

nonsense !

as for locating AEON-ATMs, try this link:

http://www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/menu/S...m#branchATMForm

those AEON branches or service points are almost entirely located in major shopping malls, so easy access is guaranteed.

though, it seems to be outdated a little. the ATM at Central Chitlom does not exist anymore, but 2 days ago I accidentally found one at TESCO Bangkapi/Lat Phrao (opposite THE MALL) on the upper floor.

unfortunately, as it was the 31st of the month, there were about 100 Thais queuing in front of it.

the ATM had a MAESTRO-sticker, so any European Bank-debit-card should work.

I will give it a try in a few days and report here.

Edited by THAILIBAN

try Bank of Ayudhya

nonsense !

those AEON branches or service points are almost entirely located in major shopping malls, so easy access is guaranteed.

though, it seems to be outdated a little. the ATM at Central Chitlom does not exist anymore, but 2 days ago I accidentally found one at TESCO Bangkapi/Lat Phrao (opposite THE MALL) on the upper floor.

unfortunately, as it was the 31st of the month, there were about 100 Thais queuing in front of it.

Thanks for the link. I will give one of these a try.

There is a Government Savings Bank accross from Immigration on Suan Plu.

TH

Thanks for the info. I will see if it works.

I tried this machine last night but it didn't work with my ATM. The machine has a sticker showing Visa but nit Plus or Maestro or anything else. My bank ATM is also a Visa debit card but it still would not work with this machine. Hopefully the Aeon machines will work.

There is a Government Savings Bank accross from Immigration on Suan Plu.

TH

Thanks for the info. I will see if it works.

I tried this machine last night but it didn't work with my ATM. The machine has a sticker showing Visa but nit Plus or Maestro or anything else. My bank ATM is also a Visa debit card but it still would not work with this machine. Hopefully the Aeon machines will work.

I used bank of Ayudhya on sukomvit 55 in Thonglor yesterday , no 150 baht charge .

• 1 month later...
try Bank of Ayudhya

nonsense !

Correction of AEON location in Pin Klao area in Bangkok and a very clever Thai way to get Farang money.

There are no AEON ATM machines in Central Pin Klao. The machines are on the 4th. floor in a store called AEON Spot in Tesco-Lotus on Borommaratchanonanni, about 150 meters from Central Pinklao.

When the Thai "counselor" saw me, she dropped the Thai customer she was helping and came to my "help" saying that to withdraw money I had to pay THB100. She then directed me to a Siam Commercial Bank on the same floor that would not charge the "we hate you fee", so she said. Once there I saw the usual THB150 notice that I declined. I went back to the AEON and insisted in using the ATM WITHOUT HER HELP. I did the transaction in Thai. I withdrew 6,000 as a test and there was no mention of any charges. Later on, I check my USBank account and it appeared as a pin transaction without a fee. The exchange was according to that day's rate.

Beware of the "counselors", the branch managers do not want to dispense money without a fee. They are so clever! I hope this info is of help to all the denizens of Farangland. Pisico :)

try Bank of Ayudhya

nonsense !

Correction of AEON location in Pin Klao area in Bangkok and a very clever Thai way to get Farang money.

There are no AEON ATM machines in Central Pin Klao. The machines are on the 4th. floor in a store called AEON Spot in Tesco-Lotus on Borommaratchanonanni, about 150 meters from Central Pinklao.

When the Thai "counselor" saw me, she dropped the Thai customer she was helping and came to my "help" saying that to withdraw money I had to pay THB100. She then directed me to a Siam Commercial Bank on the same floor that would not charge the "we hate you fee", so she said. Once there I saw the usual THB150 notice that I declined. I went back to the AEON and insisted in using the ATM WITHOUT HER HELP. I did the transaction in Thai. I withdrew 6,000 as a test and there was no mention of any charges. Later on, I check my USBank account and it appeared as a pin transaction without a fee. The exchange was according to that day's rate.

Beware of the "counselors", the branch managers do not want to dispense money without a fee. They are so clever! I hope this info is of help to all the denizens of Farangland. Pisico :)

That's amusing. Siam Commercial was the first bank to start charging foreign ATM cards.

they all charge the 150 baht milk the farang fee dont they?

No, Aeon ATM's are still free, and I believe Bank of Ayudhya are, but unless you are using a UK visa card, the exchange rate is diabolical as they use what is known as the DD rate on Euro and Dollar cards/accounts.

they all charge the 150 baht milk the farang fee dont they?

No, Aeon ATM's are still free, and I believe Bank of Ayudhya are, but unless you are using a UK visa card, the exchange rate is diabolical as they use what is known as the DD rate on Euro and Dollar cards/accounts.

oops....I meant DCC rate. (not DD rate) :)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Do you know any AEON or other ATM that doesn't charge 150 thb near RATCHADA, PETCHABURI, SUKHUMVIT ?

Only AEON and GHB and Bank of Ayudaya do not charge ?

Thanks.

Location Finder

I'm not sure what the situation is with Bank of Ayudaya nowadays but GSB or Government Savings Bank do charge (I suspect Ayudaya do too).

The AEON location finder kindly linked by Jiu-Jitsu is handy, but please note it's a tad dated. For example 16 on the list (Carrefour, Lad Phrao) is no longer there, also 24 on the list (Central Lad Phrao) is currently closed for renovation. There is however, an AEON ATM at Union Mall, Lad Phrao (not listed).

These are just a few alterations to that list that I know of so I'm sure there are more.

Edited by thecatman

For every ones info. Bank of America ATM cards (VISA) don't work in AEON machines. cute trick. They work fine in the 150 per per Bangkok Bank machines.

On what do you base this statement? I've seen more than one American complaining about being charged 150 baht when using a AEON machine...only to find it was their beloved BOA that charges US$5 for International ATM withdrawals.

• 1 month later...

Ayudhya, my Thai bank, always charges me 150THB for withdrawls with US banks, and then my US bank charges me what their international fees are ($1.50-$9.50).

I tried getting an international account at Citibank, which has a location on Sathorn, to get away from such fees, only to find out later that international does not mean the bank is international, but that they have banks in many nations. So my USA Citibank account actually charges me more to take money out from a Citibank ATM in Thailand than my non-Citibank account. Lame. The only benefit is that they allow a 30,000 THB withdrawal. I checked with HSBC and they have the same kind of policy. International banks under the same name/logo are considered different banks in different countries.