Where To Buy Used Motorbikes In Chiang Mai?

liveinCM

I'm looking to buy a second-hand bike...either a Honda Click or a Yamaha Mio. Where's a good place to go in Chiang Mai? On weekends there is a parking lot full of second-hand bikes for sale in a market off the Superhighway (on the East side of the city). I don't know what this place is called but it's pretty big. Is this a good place to buy something or should I be going to a dealership? If so, where? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'm looking to buy a second-hand bike...either a Honda Click or a Yamaha Mio. Where's a good place to go in Chiang Mai? On weekends there is a parking lot full of second-hand bikes for sale in a market off the Superhighway (on the East side of the city). I don't know what this place is called but it's pretty big. Is this a good place to buy something or should I be going to a dealership? If so, where? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There is a market just behind Rimping on the Mae Jo road/ 2nd ring road intersection ( North side) Every Saturday from about 9.30. You need to go into the market area behind the Rimping car park

Sold my bike there a few months ago. Mostly Thais but lots of farangs. Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware! Bargains if you can be sure of what you re buying

There is a market just behind Rimping on the Mae Jo road/ 2nd ring road intersection ( North side) Every Saturday from about 9.30. You need to go into the market area behind the Rimping car park

Sold my bike there a few months ago. Mostly Thais but lots of farangs. Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware! Bargains if you can be sure of what you re buying

Thanks for the suggestion!

I thought that MaeJo market is Sunday and the other market "Talat Kwai" (buffalo Market) past San Pa Tong on Hang Dong Rd is Saturday. Do I have the days reversed? In either place, be very careful. They make pretty much every bike look like new and have low kms. Obviously neither of these things are often true. On that note, I bought 2 bikes there.

I thought that MaeJo market is Sunday and the other market "Talat Kwai" (buffalo Market) past San Pa Tong on Hang Dong Rd is Saturday. Do I have the days reversed? In either place, be very careful. They make pretty much every bike look like new and have low kms. Obviously neither of these things are often true. On that note, I bought 2 bikes there.

Is there a good variety of bikes at these markets, like Honda Phantoms and Kawa Boss'?

Is there a good variety of bikes at these markets, like Honda Phantoms and Kawa Boss'?

Sure is! Lots at both markets but double check the days because my memory is bad!