Boat Rental With Skipper

manarak

I would like to rent a small boat (holding up to 10-12 persons, and should have VHF) with the skipper for a day (approx 8 hours).

This would be for cruising around the islands near Pattaya

Where would I find one and how much would it cost?

marine bar has many boats and they are hassle free with no hidden costs. most farang and local divers use them for the island tours. they are not expensive too. remember they are right inside the marine disco. see their boats first hand. ask security guards at marine disco . they will direct you to the skippers. also lots of free parking spaces if you rent their boats and park your vehicles just right next to their boats at their private piers. :)

thanks - very good info! the pier makes sense, didn't know I'd have to look at the disco though.

Any idea on prices?

:) don't know current price. no, disco is upstairs - the one where , privately, many usa stars like rod stewart and the likes "sneak" in incognito to find out why the gi's talk about his albums being spun again and again up there some time ago. :D

:D still notice many farangs and locals still use their services though. for sure, the skippers know the gulf of thailand well and know their bearings. :D

Would 4000 baht be acceptable for an 8 hour day on a 2 engine boat, with a max running time of 2,5 hours (because of gas)?

Oh Manarak. You are here too? :D

Sorry to say that I think for a (dual-engined)speedboat you are probably going to have to pay more like 10-12000 baht (or even more?) for 2,5 hours of cruising. Gas prices etc.

I'm sure some of your other local contacts could be encouraged to walk on by and check out the prices for you.

PS. Be sure to check the hull for any damage before you set off, to avoid jet-ski style rip offs :)

Edited by fleeing

Hi and Thanks, fleeing, yeah I'm here too :-/

LOL

yeah, I know about the damage scams - I always take pictures all around before taking a bike/car/jetski/... or anything alse that floats, flies or ... Err!!!

I'll have to negotiate well, then.

But 10.000 for 2.5 hours cruising?

C'mon a driver with car is 2000 a day all-in mileage included (no additional fees for food or accomodation).

And my holiday rental just went bust, so I need to look for a house for 6 days too :-(

Edited by manarak