Best Place To Buy Second Hand Honda Motorbike

pmf113b

First piece of advice is to check out several places/bikes/options before parting with your cash. I suggest you'll make a good start by going to the dealer near the north end of Surewong Road which drops south from Chang Lo Road (south side of the moat). Dozens of bikes/scooters there - some just a few months old and others older. Price will obviously vary depending on model/age/mileage. The young owner/manager there speaks very good English.

I believe that there is also a regular weekend auction next to the Rimping store on the 2nd ring road - and I've seen bike auctions occasionally in the car park next to Carrefour. Others will have to give you more precise details of when these occur. As with any auction, you'll need to know what you're looking for and know your own mind regarding price etc. If you're not fluent in Thai, I suggest you'll be glad to have taken a Thai speaker with you to help.

FWIW, many Thai advised me not to buy second-hand - and I decided to followed that advice (because I could). Up to you and your finances if you do the same or not.

In my experience, bike insurance is pretty standard in terms of price/cover everywhere here; the dealer I mentioned can probably arrange it if you buy your bike from him. Otherwise, just pick a sensible broker.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp....00478&z=18

Best off having a new one me thinks. Second-hand things are ridiculously priced here and especially cars and bikes. Plus you don't want to be riding a bike that has potentially been ridden hard/bashed about. Could probably get a new 100 Dream for 30-odd k and it'll still be worth a decent amount if and when you decide to sell.

Best off having a new one me thinks. Second-hand things are ridiculously priced here and especially cars and bikes. Plus you don't want to be riding a bike that has potentially been ridden hard/bashed about. Could probably get a new 100 Dream for 30-odd k and it'll still be worth a decent amount if and when you decide to sell.

Good advice.

Thais normally run their vehicles into the ground and than try to get another 5 years out of them before deciding enough is enough and will attempt to sell the pile of junk to the first gullible mug that comes along.

You have been warned.

Edited by sassienie

Thanks for the warning... but you can always go to the auctions and get a good deal on a repossession. Just go the day before and make sure you look the bike over with someone that knows bikes.

Good advice.

Thais normally run their vehicles into the ground and than try to get another 5 years out of them before deciding enough is enough and will attempt to sell the pile of junk to the first gullible mug that comes along.

You have been warned.