Thai Coming To Uk For 2 Week Holiday

I was looking to bring my thai girl friend over to the Uk for 2 weeks at the end of October start of November, she would be staying at my house with my parents aswell. i have a good job and could afford for her to stay for the2weeks it would be just showing her the UK then she would go bck home because of her business. What is the best way to do this? as i find the Uk boarder site a little confusing??

Thank you

I was looking to bring my thai girl friend over to the Uk for 2 weeks at the end of October start of November, she would be staying at my house with my parents aswell. i have a good job and could afford for her to stay for the2weeks it would be just showing her the UK then she would go bck home because of her business. What is the best way to do this? as i find the Uk boarder site a little confusing??

Thank you

Straightforward, visitor visa, 4 week wait at minute

Thank you

Straightforward, visitor visa, 4 week wait at minute

Thank you bladefire

is this the one i have to fill in?? VAF1A form

thx

Thank you

I'm not going to add any doom and gloom about your your application - there's plenty of time for others to post about all the negatives you may come up against.

The only thing I would add is that whatever these forms ask you to supply, and whatever the embassy may ask to addionally supply, give them MORE. Any extra information such as copy of house title deeds, P60, letter from employer, annual appraisal reports......absolutely anything that will help them see your charachter and financial stability will help.

Oh, and if she's coming in November, get her a jumper!! Good luck.

In addition to the financial and accommodation provisions it is always vital to be able to prove that your relationship is existing and substantial. Most visas for tourists are refused due to a lack of evidence of the relationship coupled with the 'no reason to return to Thailand' embassy excuse. If she is working then get a letter from her employer to confirm this and that she will be allowed to resume her employment on her return. If she has land or property in her name do provide evidence of this as it will help to satisfy the 'reason to return.'

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking to bring my thai girl friend over to the Uk for 2 weeks

You have provided little detail at this time

coupled with the 'no reason to return to Thailand' embassy excuse.

Although 'excuse' has many connotations, I read this tone as derogatory and although a large contingent may disagree, RtR can be a valid reason, on the balance of probabilities, if not supported by and with other evidence, for grounds to refuse.

Perhaps you should read the guidance that comes with the form.

I suggest that reading the guidance and the correct form and any associated links that have been provided is essential in the first instance and then place your queries and remember there are no stupid questions

In addition to the financial and accommodation provisions it is always vital to be able to prove that your relationship is existing and substantial. Most visas for tourists are refused due to a lack of evidence of the relationship coupled with the 'no reason to return to Thailand' embassy excuse. If she is working then get a letter from her employer to confirm this and that she will be allowed to resume her employment on her return. If she has land or property in her name do provide evidence of this as it will help to satisfy the 'reason to return.'

I wonder whether you would be kind enough to cite the relevant immigration rule or guidance(either from UKBA or VAC websites or elsewhere) which even vaguely confirms your assertion that "it is always vital to be able to prove that your relationship is existing and substantial" for the purposes of a visitor/holiday visa to the UK. Whilst for purpsose of settlement visa it is very clear that the relationship/marriage must be genuine and subsisting, for a visitor visa, I am unable to find any documented evidence to the effect as asserted by you.

As for OP, I suggest you follow the sound advice provided by '7 by 7' and 'Mossfinn'.

I wonder whether you would be kind enough to cite the relevant immigration rule or guidance(either from UKBA or VAC websites or elsewhere) which even vaguely confirms your assertion that "it is always vital to be able to prove that your relationship is existing and substantial" for the purposes of a visitor/holiday visa to the UK. Whilst for purpsose of settlement visa it is very clear that the relationship/marriage must be genuine and subsisting, for a visitor visa, I am unable to find any documented evidence to the effect as asserted by you.

As for OP, I suggest you follow the sound advice provided by '7 by 7' and 'Mossfinn'.

I believe that orchidofsiam was reinforcing the point to evidence how long you have been together, with photos, emails, telephone bills to Thailand, perhaps a letter from his Parents stating they will provide accomodation, whilst these are not mentioned per se, the more evidence provided in a folder (which I did) with an index, all the better, I also provided bank statements proving income,Deeds to my House, Council Tax bill, her bank book proving sufficient funds to return home in case of emergency as well as other documents. The Visa is issued for minimum of 6 months, so although she is going for 2 weeks, she can stay on if she wishes. Under that premise, the Visitors Visa should be completed with as much info as possible, particularly as departure is only a few weeks away, only one good shot in view of time constraints........... :)

The Visa is issued for minimum of 6 months, so although she is going for 2 weeks, she can stay on if she wishes.

It is always best to comply with what you requested in your application, if you state two weeks, I would suggest it might not do you any favours in the future if you stay longer without suitable reasons for doing so.

Thanks for the help will do the form tonight,

As for evidence i have a copy of the deeds to my parents house and a letter off them saying she can stay etc, copy of bills to prove we still live here, i was goin to include a couple of months worth of e-mails and telephone bills as they arent cheap lol. Also have picturess and a plan of her trip and what to do when she is here.

THey just need to be sure she has a reason to leave again.........My G/F was a professional, took 5 days to get the visa staying for 3 weeks - valid up to 6 months.

They warned us there might be a 4 to 5 week wait, but obviously they looked kindly on a professional going for a fortnight.

BTW - don't say anything like "staying with friends".....

My G/F was a professional, took 5 days to get the visa staying for 3 weeks - valid up to 6 months.

They warned us there might be a 4 to 5 week wait, but obviously they looked kindly on a professional going for a fortnight.

Being a professional or not and the length of stay have absolutely nothing to do with the processing time. My sister-in-law is not a professional by any means and said that she would be staying for at least 4 months, possibley the full 6. She got her visa the day after submitting the application.

Applications are processed in the order that they are received or, at busy times, the date of intended travel. Apply at a quiet time, it will be processed quickly, apply at a busy time and it will take longer.

BTW - don't say anything like "staying with friends".....

Why do you say this? Lots of people have got visas for a friend's visit and for a girl/boyfriend's visit.

If the purpose of the visit is to visit friends then that is what the applicant should say. Making a false statement on a visa application is not only grounds for refusal of that application, but also makes the applicant liable to a 10 year ban from visiting the UK!

Thank you

THey will take time to examine a ything that looks a bit "sus" this will increase the time - no job, "staying with Friends" etc are all warning bells to UK immigration who do not have a queuing system as such.

It IS worth getting an appointment to hand in your docs though....that will save time queuing at the UK Visa company.

A Thai person especially one who says they are staying with Thai friends will not be received or perceived well....the inference is that they are looking to overstay.........