Kapersky Files Filling Up C Drive

YouYouYou

Hello, I switched to Kapersky 2009 and today recieved a warning that my C drive was nearly full (about 150MB to go!).

A little shocked, I finally found the culprit. Kapersky automatically saves logs under the name 'AVP 8' but they are hidden files. If you are having the same problems, you can remove them without problem (or so it seems, please post if anyone knows otherwise ty). As far as I know they are just logs of information and are basically history/archive? Also there are some other blogs out there on this that seem to think it's ok to do this too (saw these after the fact, but i was desperate anyway ...no mem left, just do it lol)

Find the address below but you also first need to choose under 'Folder options' - 'view' and click button 'show hidden files and folders' then apply+ok.

You can get to the below by going to C:drive - 'documents and settings' - 'application data' - 'kapersky lab'. Open that and you probably have a bunch of files starting AVP 8 ...delete all (except the initial briefcase).

Once done, reset the folder options back to 'do not show hidden files and folders'

I cleared about 16 gigabites after 7 weeks of use ...quite a bit of memory eh lol. (and why the hel_l is this? LOL)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

Hope its of use to others if you have a problem, cheers You You You ....now I have a small memory/brain again :)

Edited by YouYouYou