Married Already But Needing Fiance Visa!

Im married already to a Thai national but we are going through a divorce which my wife is dragging out (4 years to date) she has indefinite leave to remain. Im engaged to another Thai and want to bring her to the UK on a fiance visa! is this possible? would it be a no no. Also if coming here on a fiance visa, would we have to return to thailand to marry or can we marry here if my divorce is final. many thanks.

Im married already to a Thai national but we are going through a divorce which my wife is dragging out (4 years to date) she has indefinite leave to remain. Im engaged to another Thai and want to bring her to the UK on a fiance visa! is this possible? would it be a no no. Also if coming here on a fiance visa, would we have to return to thailand to marry or can we marry here if my divorce is final. many thanks.

You would only be able to get a fiance visa granted if you could supply concrete proof that your decree absolute would be granted in time for you to be married within the 6 months a fiance visa is valid for. To be honest, I would save your money until you have got the decree absolute in your hand. The fiance visa costs over £600 and is a lot of money to lose on a gamble.

Once you have the decree absolute, I would also suggest that you save money by marrying in Thailand and applying for a spouse visa.

With a fiance visa, after you have married in the UK she will need to apply for Further Leave to Remain at a cost of £465 by post or £665 in person. This lasts for 2 years at the end of which she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain*.

A spouse visa cuts out the need for FLR and saves that fee. It lasts for 27 months, and after she has been in the UK for 24 months she applies for ILR*.

Of course, you may have reasons for wanting to marry in the UK rather than Thailand; the choice is yours.

*Assuming she meets all the criteria (see this page and the relevant links from it). If she doesn't, then she will need to apply for FLR until she does.