Cafes For Students Or Work In Downtown Bkk

nikster

I am around sukhumvit/silom for a few days, looking for a nice away-from-home workspace. I usually work in Cafes, but here I can't seem to find anything. Shopping mall starbucks is OK of course but too expensive for WiFi - 150bht/hour is too much.

True WiFi is everywhere here but last time I tried it really didn't work much. Has this improved now? What's a road warrior to do when stuck in BKK for a few days? Are there any nice student cafes? I don't mind paying for WiFi, but it has to be reasonable like 30 or 50 bht / hour....

Moved to Bangkok Forum for broader response

Looks like that didn't work out so well.

I put it in the Internet forum because only geeks know this kind of stuff :)

but hey maybe there is nothing... Found a nice starbucks full of students but without cheap or free Internet.... maybe everyone has 3g in BKK...

You could always use your cell phone as a modem for your notebook. GPRS/EDGE rates are very low, and you can use it anywhere you get cell phone reception. My company (DTAC) does 50 hours per month for 200 baht or unlimited for 1000.

Moved to Bangkok Forum for broader response

Looks like that didn't work out so well.

I put it in the Internet forum because only geeks know this kind of stuff :)

but hey maybe there is nothing... Found a nice starbucks full of students but without cheap or free Internet.... maybe everyone has 3g in BKK...

if something is "moved" the original topic will remain in the forum it was posted. If a "geek" wants to reply and clicks on the link he will remain in your topic. So everybody in the "Internet forum" can reply too. That was may idea... and trust it has worked :D

I am around sukhumvit/silom for a few days, looking for a nice away-from-home workspace. I usually work in Cafes, but here I can't seem to find anything. Shopping mall starbucks is OK of course but too expensive for WiFi - 150bht/hour is too much.

True WiFi is everywhere here but last time I tried it really didn't work much. Has this improved now? What's a road warrior to do when stuck in BKK for a few days? Are there any nice student cafes? I don't mind paying for WiFi, but it has to be reasonable like 30 or 50 bht / hour....

Central World has several restaurants/cafes with free wi-fi.

Central World has several restaurants/cafes with free wi-fi.

Food courts at my locales Carrefour and Big C as well.

Ban Rai Cafe at Ekamai intersection is full of students. My friend told me it was open 24/7, I haven't used the wifi so would need to check. I presume its free as so many students there. Lots of seating, and unless I'm mistaken, what looked like a classroom with whiteboard. :) I guess they know who their market are.