Bangkok Immigration Moves On September 28!

The One Stop Center only does 90 day reports. Other services there are for BOI companies. As the wait now for 90 day reports can be over an hour with no PA facility or desk space (three working in one position) I expect they may restrict further in the future if there is a sudden influx.

So if you have to travel from Sukhumvit (BTS/MRT) will the lack of facilities/staff at the BOI One Stop Centre mean that the extra travel hassle to the new Immigration Office is worthwhile? Presumably the new office will be super efficient and 90 day reports will be completed in a few hassle free minutes? :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those about to use Rasa Towers for the first time, they will have a pleasant surprise compared to Soi Saun Plu.

The whole place, starting from the ground floor, is kept spotless. I have been doing 90 day reports here for 1 and 1/2 yrs and have never been more than 35min. on the 16th floor.

Thurs./Fri. seem to be the best days for less people and plenty of space to move around. It's quite a large area and they provide other services as well as 90 day stuff.

The service officers, male and female, have at all times been polite and friendly.

Once your sorted you can relax in a very pleasant coffee shop on the ground floor.

Your location determines if you can avail yourself of their services.

You should have, Bangkok, and the revelant post code on your address. BKK suburbs etc OK.

In any case they will sort it for you the first time and if required, will tell you the Imm. office you go to next time.

For those about to use Rasa Towers for the first time, they will have a pleasant surprise compared to Soi Saun Plu.

The whole place, starting from the ground floor, is kept spotless. I have been doing 90 day reports here for 1 and 1/2 yrs and have never been more than 35min. on the 16th floor.

Thurs./Fri. seem to be the best days for less people and plenty of space to move around. It's quite a large area and they provide other services as well as 90 day stuff.

The service officers, male and female, have at all times been polite and friendly.

Once your sorted you can relax in a very pleasant coffee shop on the ground floor.

Your location determines if you can avail yourself of their services.

You should have, Bangkok, and the revelant post code on your address. BKK suburbs etc OK.

In any case they will sort it for you the first time and if required, will tell you the Imm. office you go to next time.

Thanks for this. It sounds good and as it's much nearer the MRT than the new Immigration Centre and won't require using a taxi, I'll try it for my 90-day report next week.

Hopefully they won't get inundated and stop doing it!

Just as a small help for people needing a re-entry permit. Firstly, I was told at Samut Sakhon Immigration on Friday that Suwaannnaboomie no longer has this service ....that's what I was told, so lucky for me I didn't take the chance at the Airport next week.

I think for this service, you can go to any immigration and for some of you Bangkokonians on the west side, it may be quite convienient and better than dragging up to Mor Chit and Laksi.

The new Samut Sakhon offices (as of July 2009) are located on Ekkachai road about 200 metres before 'Wat Pho Chae' (วัดโพธิ์แจ้) if coming from Bangkok. They are on the left and have a big black granite sign (the wat is further on the right). Also it is about 2 kilometres past the 'Bang Bon' border into 'Muang Samut Sakhon'.

If you have a PN Map book: P57, Map A42, H2. (well my 6 year old edition anyhow LOL)

Single 1000 Baht, Multiple 3800 Baht ...dont forget yer 4x6 cm photo! :)

You should obtain re-entry permit from immigration office covering your area. It will be the same office where you do extension of stay. Suvanabhumi will exceptionally issue in case of real emergency and where there is no other alternative. I have only seen one report of this.

Edited by thaiphoon

You can only obtain re-entry permit from the office serving your area (where you obtained extension of stay).

Yes, this is of course correct for people on extension.

But shouldn't we point out that a tourist on a 30/60/90 day entry could get a re-entry permit at any Imm office in the area where they happen to be at the time?

opalhort

You can only obtain re-entry permit from the office serving your area (where you obtained extension of stay).

Yes, this is of course correct for people on extension.

But shouldn't we point out that a tourist on a 30/60/90 day entry could get a re-entry permit at any Imm office in the area where they happen to be at the time?

opalhort

Tourist visa extension can be obtained from immigration office in the area where person is staying. For clarity, permission to stay will be either 60 days or 30 days (depending on visa) on entry, which can then be extended for 30 days at discretion of immigration official. You cannot get "90 day" entry.

Tourist visa extension can be obtained from immigration office in the area where person is staying. For clarity, permission to stay will be either 60 days or 30 days (depending on visa) on entry, which can then be extended for 30 days at discretion of immigration official. You cannot get "90 day" entry.

I wasn't talking about extension.

Let's say a tourist managed to obtain a single entry non-imm-o somewhere and and he'll get 90 days on entry. Now he wants' to visit Laos, Cambodia for a few days by land.

Without re-entry permit his 90 days would be lost and he ends up with a 15 days stamp on return to LOS.

For these people all immigration offices are open to issue a re-entry permit.

The same goes for the 30 days visa exempt and the tourist visa based 60 days stamp.

opalhort

I wasn't talking about extension.

Let's say a tourist managed to obtain a single entry non-imm-o somewhere and and he'll get 90 days on entry. Now he wants' to visit Laos, Cambodia for a few days by land.

Without re-entry permit his 90 days would be lost and he ends up with a 15 days stamp on return to LOS.

For these people all immigration offices are open to issue a re-entry permit.

The same goes for the 30 days visa exempt and the tourist visa based 60 days stamp.

opalhort

Agree with your synopsis above. Maybe we are reading the words slightly differently. You did refer to 'tourist' in your earlier posting, hence my comment. If entering on Non-O would get 90 days on entry. So, in that scenario, 30/60 referenced in your earlier posting is not really relevant. I think maybe mixing tourist/non-O entry days has led to some confusion, but we are both in agreement on the outcome.

Indeed, there was ONE report here of someone obtaining a re-entry permit at the airport... after the immigration office there that used to issue them had closed.

In that case, if I recall, the individual had a death in the family and was needing to return to his home country urgently...and hadn't pre-purchased a re-entry permit along with his latest extension. It took some phone calls and talking to a superior...but he finally got one, so he reported here.

Might be tried in case of a real emergency... But wouldn't be advisable for routine travels or because someone forgot to get their permit from Chang Wattana...

The 90 day reporting desk at the One Stop Center has accepted reports from any Bangkok located person for many years. You do not have to have work permit or be part of a BOI supported company for this service. Other services are restricted however.

The 90 day reporting desk at the One Stop Center has accepted reports from any Bangkok located person for many years. You do not have to have work permit or be part of a BOI supported company for this service. Other services are restricted however.

:) Lopburi you are a legend, many thanks for the clarification...a BTS to Mo Chit is a far more simple journey...but of course understand that retirement visa process will needs be done at RASA tower 2...but what a bummer, have to make the trip tomorrow on my birthday, just thought I would get that one in,..heres a clue...Will ya still need me, will ya still love me, when I'm Sixty..............wait for it...cheers... :D Dukkha

Anyone know if those of us who live in Pathum Thani will now HAVE to use the new office, until now we've had the choice of going to zoo at Suan Plu or the nice small office in Ayutthaya (which happens to be just around the corner from the mother-in-law's house).

Past experience of going to the Ford dealership on Chaeng Wattana suggests Ayutthaya is a much more pleasant trip :)

Until Ayutthaya closes or says no expect you can still use them - we are still awaiting a public announcement of who goes where as there have been major changes throughout the country and presious little information passed on. And what information has been provided seems to be guesswork more often than not.

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread, as I was planning to go to Suan Phlu tomorrow, Sept. 29. Has anyone been there today, Sept. 28 ? Is everything closed already, or will be at the end of today ? Thanks for a fast reply ! I could run down there this afternoon, if someone replies quickly.

Edited by allane

[i am afraid this is wrong. If you take the Don Muang Expressway there are two exits to Chaengwattana, do not take the first one that says Chaeng Wattana/Laksi as this will involve the traffic lights over the railway line. If you take the 2nd exit you will miss the lights and be directly on Chaengwattana Road. The new immigration will be about 1km down on the left hand side before the post office. No need for u-turn, you will not see Tesco or Big C. I should know as I live in Laksi and use this road every day.

It wasn't wrong, there were two sets of directions. The first set was for coming up the Sirat Expressway past the bus terminal and the second for the Don Muang Expressway.

I think so. The Map is wrong. Kindly find the exact map attached.

post-91977-1254121802_thumb.jpg

Anyone know if those of us who live in Pathum Thani will now HAVE to use the new office, until now we've had the choice of going to zoo at Suan Plu or the nice small office in Ayutthaya (which happens to be just around the corner from the mother-in-law's house).

Past experience of going to the Ford dealership on Chaeng Wattana suggests Ayutthaya is a much more pleasant trip :)

I just found the new office listing, thanks to Mario2008, and it is pages 12-15 for the 105 page PDF download from http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...0090917_imm.pdf

Pathum Thani has/will have there own immigration office - where/when I don't have a clue but they seem to be opening up fairly quickly.

I went to the new office today, to do my annual extension.

The offices are not exactly brilliantly signposted, but my overall opinion of it was that it is favourable - although I don't believe the location is good for those living on the other side of town, and there are no real direct public transport links, which means that most people will end up taking taxi's.

I got there at around 11am - so had a bit of a wait as they closed for lunch 12-1pm. :) After lunch, took about an hour to get processed so not too bad. The office lay out is a lot better, and there is a food court downstairs, along with shops and other amenities.

I was there today and yes I agree the offices were pleasant. Handed in the passport for visa renewal but there were no chairs to sit and wait so I went downstairs for a quick meal. Came back and everything was finished.

They seem to have split the offices into different areas for:teachers, students and business people.

My friend did the 90 day report and it took about 30 seconds!!!!

Yes, the building is far from public transport and a taxi seems to be the only sensible way to get there. I guess it'll cost about 200 baht each way including tollway, making 90 day reporting a bit expensive. I think I'll try mailing that in the future.

I was there today and yes I agree the offices were pleasant. Handed in the passport for visa renewal but there were no chairs to sit and wait so I went downstairs for a quick meal. Came back and everything was finished.

They seem to have split the offices into different areas for:teachers, students and business people.

My friend did the 90 day report and it took about 30 seconds!!!!

Yes, the building is far from public transport and a taxi seems to be the only sensible way to get there. I guess it'll cost about 200 baht each way including tollway, making 90 day reporting a bit expensive. I think I'll try mailing that in the future.

You could use the one stop shop in Rasa tower for the 90 day report, I have used that for the past 2 years and it is much more pleasant and convenient. Quite close to the Pahonyothin MRT.

I went to the new location today. Firstly, the transfer of visa from my old passport to my new one was much quicker than at the ols office, hardly more than ten minutes.

Secondly, yo get a multiple re entry stamp was pure chaos. There is no light system to announce the next candidate. It was just the voice of the officer shouting out from behind his partition; with all the noise from the yacking Thais it was almost impossible to hear him.

Much queue jumping by those who could not hear the numbers called.

Needs a great deal of work to put right urgently.

Great building though, pity there are not more signs.